Got My First Becker! A BK2!

dl351

Gold Member
Hello everyone! I got my first Becker today! A BK2! What a stout knife! I have some other pretty hefty 5 inch blades, but I think this one has them beat! I'll post some pictures later. I'm packing up to head home for spring break. Over the break I hope to re-handle this BK2 with some cocobolo and black paper micarta. We'll see how it goes!

Oh, I've lingered here for a while, so I'm new here. Hello everyone, and thanks Ethan and Ka-Bar for a great blade at a very affordable price!

dl351 welcome to the forum. I'm also new to the Becker forum.

Tom
Chestnut Ridge Knife Shop

It's good to have another on the Becker train!
BK-2 Awesome Awesome knife! You must complete the circle It's time
for a BK-9!
I HAVE SPOKEN.

It's good to have another on the Becker train!
BK-2 Awesome Awesome knife! You must complete the circle It's time
for a BK-9!
I HAVE SPOKEN.

Oh... you read my mind about the BK9! For the price, these Beckers seem hard to beat. My other favorite companies include Scrap Yard, Swamp Rat, and Ranger knives. Recently I've been looking into Becker and RAT knives and decided to go with the BK2. Well, looks like another company to add to my list. Too many good knives these days and too little money!

As for my BK2, I stripped the coating and will take it to the belt sander tomorrow to clean it up. Hopefully some of my handle material will arrive soon. I plan to do a black paper micarta "bolster" with cocobollo for the rest of the handle. Hopefully I'll have some pics up by the end of the week!

looking forward to those pics.and your impressions of your soon to be new BK9.

Well, as a heads up, I have the handles epoxied and pinned on to the knife. I'm in the middle of shaping the handles. Hopefully I'll have it done this evening!

My BK2 is patiently awaiting micarta. Although I must admit, I'm liking the Grivory more every day.
3373870332_ef821e646c_o.jpg

Well, here it is:
DSCF7633.jpg

I think it turned out ok, but it still has some annoying scratches that I will eventually sand/buff out. Luckily, it still fitst the sheath, too!

Oh, NorCal, where in Nor Cal are you from? I'm from the Bay.

Hey, dl351, that's a nice looking knife. Good job on that. Shows the beauty beneath the beast, so to speak.

Looks good. I like what Up-Armored did with this one, too:

BK203.jpg

Last edited:
Back