• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Got scammed of my DDR knife big time ! No longer stolen !

Having read the the whole thread, I am only echoing others with my advice: STOP TEXTING THE KID. All you're doing is giving him information as to your moves. If you want to completely destroy the kid, you need to be coming out of left field and completely broadsiding him with his parents crawling up his rear end all of a sudden. What's to say that the kid wasn't responding like it's no big deal, and then immediately contacting those people to tell them that a crazy stalker from the internet would be contacting them with some BS story about a theft that never happened"?

Worse, what if this guy Robert is in on it, and as big a bag of trash as his kid? That's always possible these days.

I would sincerely and highly recommend not texting or responding to that kid any further whatsoever. Either call this guy Robert, or have Law Enforcement handle it.

I already called the numbers this morning but n/a I will be xalling tomorrow, plus I will call USPS inspector. Also I'm not sure how someone can print down name different than he is signing. The knife was insured so I will have to ask the inspector tomorrow.

Lots of red flags on this one for sure...but regardless of that, this is a tricky situation. You can file a mail fraud complaint but I wouldn't necessarily expect usps to do anything about it. I opened a mail fraud complaint against somebody who burned me on a $90 knife, I received a form e-mail from usps and that was the last I heard about it. I had the guy's home address, receipt for the money order I sent, etc. This is also tricky because it was a trade situation, you sent him the knife. There's no transaction/purchase record of any sort. Somebody did sign for an insured package but insurance only covers loss or damage. The package wasn't damaged nor was it lost by usps. The person who signed for it could claim they received an empty box. I would definitely try to call the person who signed for the package, presumably the guy's father. However, I wouldn't expect his son to be truthful about the whole situation to his father. The father might well feel like someone is trying to take advantage of his son if the son spins it right.

The empty box scenario was a big player on the big auction site for a few months back in 2011 and PP gave refunds to all of them, cost me $1,100.00, but I think that scam has been figured out and is hard to defend at this point.

Hate to say it but you said you skyped with the guy, and it is obvious that he is probably too young to own those types of knives, so that would have been my red flag. You did say he showed you the Rockstead so I can see how you may have been baited but kids don't usually own that level of knives,

Hope you get this resolved in your favor.

id talk to the parents and see if any members live in the area try to find his address of residency. This little fart will give it up.

That much $$$ I would have already called the police. Even if they knock on the door for you it might put a scare in to the little fella.
I had a deal go bad on Archerytalk. Real quick... The kid bought a bow from me (Paypal/credit card ) and even re sold it on AT a week later, but filed a claim with Mommy's credit card. When Mr. Officer knocked on the door both Mommy and son soiled their britches and overnighted me a postal money order.

Last edited:
Have to say that I'm a bit confused still. Someone owns the PO box. The USPS knows who that person is. Someone signed for and received the knife. Whomever that was is authorized to get into the box. I'm also guessing that the Post Office has surveillance cameras. It should be easy enough to determine who has your knife. My first call would be to Robert Reynolds, as his business lists the same PO box as his, and that's the name on the receipt as having signed for the package. Absent a satisfactory explanation and resolution from Robert, my next call would be to the La Madera police.

No matter who signed for it, father or son, why would they print a different name than the signed name? That immediately cast doubt on this.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

I just called the 505 583 2238 some lady picked up, she asked me if I known what time it is, and than hang up so I will be calling later. My idea is to get positive ID and press charges. While in front of the Judge I should have no problem proving my case

No matter who signed for it, father or son, why would they print a different name than the signed name? That immediately cast doubt on this.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

I hope just on based on that I will be able to use my insurance

I just called the 505 583 2238 some lady picked up, she asked me if I known what time it is, and than hang up so I will be calling later. My idea is to get positive ID and press charges. While in front of the Judge I should have no problem proving my case

Stick with calling at civilized hours, or you'll have them turned against you from the start. If I get a call that early from a # I don't know, there's a good chance I'll block it from calling me again.

Your insurance isn't going to cover this situation, doesn't matter who signed for it. It was delivered to the address it was sent to and signed for by the person who pays for the PO box. You can try to sue the guy in small claims court but it is complicated by the fact that you live in a different state. The cops aren't going to do anything, what can they do? The guy can always say you sent him a $20 knife and are trying to scam him--your word against his. From a quick google search Jonakee Reynolds seems to be a 22 year old man. He is obviously very comfortable with scamming someone out of something quite valuable, probably not the first time he's hustled somebody. I don't think he's just going to wet his pants if a cop shows up at his door wanting to ask a few questions. I'm not trying to be a pessimist here but I've been buying and selling stuff on the internet for 20 years, and I'm just trying to give you a realistic view of your situation. If I were you I'd do everything reasonably possible to get my knife back, but I'd keep my expectations low also.

Be aware if you see DDR Gun hummer Sanmai anywhere for sale let me know the knife was stolen. I Lost over $3500 in this transaction that was my own stupidity.

I have send this knife to this PO Box (I know stupid)

UPDATE
This is the confirmation of delivery:
5wn3biQ.jpg

^ $3500 DDR Custom Knife

I hope just on based on that I will be able to use my insurance

^ I hope that I'm wrong, but did you purchase only $500 worth of insurance ("$500 item number" printed on your receipt), for the $3500 knife you shipped to this kid?

^ $3500 DDR Custom Knife

^ I hope that I'm wrong, but did you purchase only $500 worth of insurance ("$500 item number" printed on your receipt), for the $3500 knife you shipped to this kid?

No I have purchased $3000 insurances I'm not sure why it says 500

I believe that means greater than $500, doesn't show the actual amount. Doesn't matter, it won't cover this situation.

^^ I was hoping this is what that meant! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Best of luck dealing with this today, SENGVIN. :thumbup: You're going to have a very busy day ahead of you.

Edit: I really hope that they have a video recording of whomever signed for this package.

Last edited:
^^ I was hoping this is what that meant! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Best of luck dealing with this today, SENGVIN. :thumbup: You're going to have a very busy day ahead of you.

Edit: I really hope that they have a video recording of whomever signed for this package.

They almost certainly won't. I have signed for things delivered for my wife plenty of times before. 99% of the time, the mail carrier is looking down at their clipboard or handheld device as they hold the form out for me to sign. They briefly, and I mean briefly* check that SOMEthing was written in the signature block, the package is pushed into my hands, and they are already halfway down the walk towards the van.

It probably didn't even blip on the carrier's radar that the signed name and printed name weren't the same.

*Science's discovery of spans of time less than a second long probably came about because someone somewhere wanted to have the ability to record time spans this short

But if the receipt for this package was delivered to an actual USPO box, perhaps the person signing for this package may have went up to the main counter and signed for it with a USPS clerk inside?

Last edited:
^ Agreed. This has been the case with most of the signature confirmation packages I've signed for, also.

But if the receipt for this package was delivered to an actual USPO box, perhaps the person signing for this package may have went up to the main counter and signed for it with a USPS clerk inside?

The question is will they even bother?

Back