"Grail" Multitools?

Do you guys have any grail multitools? Are there companies that make multitools with stupidly high tolerances, using totally unnecessary processes, and ridiculously solid materials? I like the looks of the Multitasker Series 2x, but I don't need an AR tool.

Not sure, but i've always been interested in seeing a custom maker's spin on a multitool

I think this one's pretty cool, plan on buying one at some point, both blades are ZDP-189.
07101738_4ffbe9fde6832.jpg

^^^That's pretty cool :thumbup: There's a guy on the forum that does awesome custom SAK work with the alox models. I'd really like to see some custom leatherman work.

I have always wanted a leatherman MUT . It would give me a good excuse to get a AR :D I also would love to have a PST or PST2 made out of Ti.

I guess I'll have to try the tti this summer. I've been really disappointed with leatherman, sog, and gerber multitools but I haven't tried the tti yet. If nothing else, it will still be the best I've tried.

Do you guys have any grail multitools? Are there companies that make multitools with stupidly high tolerances, using totally unnecessary processes, and ridiculously solid materials? I like the looks of the Multitasker Series 2x, but I don't need an AR tool.

wait for the Series3 (due out in 3-4 weeks); much more EDC-friendly than the 2X, and the build quality will blow you away

cccba922af7111e2a63622000a9e28ec_7.jpg

I have been cutting cardboard with mine for almost a month... still push-cuts nearly as smoothly as it did on the first day!!! Leatherman's S30V is awesome!

wait for the Series3 (due out in 3-4 weeks); much more EDC-friendly than the 2X, and the build quality will blow you away

You are such a tease :eek:

I have been cutting cardboard with mine for almost a month... still push-cuts nearly as smoothly as it did on the first day!!! Leatherman's S30V is awesome!

That's definitely good to hear, I like the option of carrying a multitool without having to carry a backup knife in the other pocket.

The grail for me would be a re-designed Wave without the pinch point while using the pliers, and a bigger finger hole on the knife.

^^^ Very nice!

I'd love to see someone create an awesome EDC multi offering many tools... Something like a beefed up SuperTool 300 with the racey aesthetics of the MUT LOL. :D

Personally, I've only needed my multi tools and SAK for non cutting tasks because I don't want to damage the blade (I EDC a Letherman Wave, Gerber Mini Multitool, and a Wegner Esquire). If need be I would only use the blades as a backup because at a minimum I EDC both a serrated and plain edged knife (Spiderco Delica 4 Emerson Wave and my Benchmade Griptillian combo edge).

To answer a variation of the question, I often get asked about my Wegner a lot because it's uncommon to see a flashlight on a Swiss Army knife. Also, I no longer EDC my Streamlight Micro on my keychain because it's faster to use the one on my SAK. I now keep my Micro in my Altoids survival tin (see profile for video).

I like the fact that there are better steel options out there for SAK and multi tools but any steel can get dinged up and I'd rather not take that chance on my Leatherman's blades. I know that buying quality knives cost more than some Leatherman's but I'm not willing to replace a multi tool because one tool is dinged up where as I'm always looking for an excuse to buy a new knife. :) Plus, I feel a lot more comfortable cutting and prying with a knife than with a multi tool or SAK. Just my personal preference.

Good points budgetbugout. To be honest, if I were designing a multitool to be custom made for me, it wouldn't even have a blade in it :)

Back