Great Eastern Cutlery: #66 - Equal End Serpentine

Two ladies behind a glass shelved display, that was once full of knives, but displayed evidence that it had been worked over and emptied, whispered that the 66s should start in the next two weeks. I told them I would believe it when I see it. :D

I do have an OCD to symmetry and have an odd number of GEC knives. How can I stay an odd number? It just feels wrong. :D;)

I know what you mean Brett. Just find the most special and use it as a centerpiece with an equal number on each side.

Two ladies behind a glass shelved display, that was once full of knives, but displayed evidence that it had been worked over and emptied, whispered that the 66s should start in the next two weeks. I told them I would believe it when I see it. :D

Looking forward to seeing some production pics go up on their site, as well as seeing an updated production schedule. Medium Stockman is my favorite pattern, so I'm interested to see what the jigged bone color will be.

I have an Oily Creek Bone reserved and have set aside some money for 1 more.

It's funny, but just a year ago, vendors had plenty of stag handled Calf Roper jacks, Calf Roper slims in stag and the grey acrylic as well as Cody Jacks, Balloon Jacks, Montana Whittlers, etc. all in stag. Lots of the Pine Jigged Tidioute Yankee Jacks too and these knives sat there for months and months until they slowly sold out. Not sure we will ever see that sort of thing again.

I do have an OCD to symmetry and have an odd number of GEC knives. How can I stay an odd number? It just feels wrong. :D;)

jigged bone tidioute... seeing is believing right?

IMG_0041.jpg

cbr1000 cbr1000 :D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Im pretty excited about this one. I dont think I'll ever pick up another 81 or 82 but I wouldnt mind a 66 stockman. Im thinking of getting the acrylic (cheaper) and having it modified with a federal shield and ironwood. ;)

I am very excited about this run. I already got my name in for one in stag and waiting to see what color the bone will be.

I am very excited about this run. I already got my name in for one in stag and waiting to see what color the bone will be.
I apologize for the stupid question...but how did you reserve one? If this is not an appropriate question for the forum moderator please delete it.

Thanks,
Mike

So there's Desert Ironwood, Smooth Autumn Gold Bone, and Blue Camel Bone. Holy cow, there are altogether too many extremely appealing cover options on this run. Passing on some of these is going to be difficult.

Ironwood. Check. :thumbsup:

So, yeah um, Im going to need everyone to hold off until I have selected mine. I will promptly inform you all when you are free to make your purchase. :D

I wonder what shield....

The [non-BF dealer] SFO is certainly going to be tempting. As is the jigged red bone.

Has there ever been a soup bone other than on the TC. A sawcut soup bone stockman may be interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
I apologize for the stupid question...but how did you reserve one? If this is not an appropriate question for the forum moderator please delete it.

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike, that would depend on which one you wanted. We are not allowed to discuss the buying process, but we are allowed to discuss what we bought.

Bladeforum dealers such as DLTtrading and Collectorknives are dealers that support the forum. Ive had nothing but great experiences with each of these guys. They usually put out and SFO as well as Knivesshipfree and sometimes Gunstockjack. Explore the dealers pages. :thumbsup:

Quién sabe.

Thanks for not critiquing the grammar. I don't speak the language, I just couldn't pass up the chance to string together 4 words I know in Spanish. I know a total of about 12 words, the remaining pertain to ordering food and alchohol.

You hit a soft spot. Almost anything in Yellow Rose and my credit card magically Jumps out of my wallet.

Hey Mike, that would depend on which one you wanted. We are not allowed to discuss the buying process, but we are allowed to discuss what we bought.

Bladeforum dealers such as DLTtrading and Collectorknives are dealers that support the forum. Ive had nothing but great experiences with each of these guys. They usually put out and SFO as well as Knivesshipfree and sometimes Gunstockjack. Explore the dealers pages. :thumbsup:
Brett,
Thank you very much for the guidance and advice! Didn't want to get 'in trouble' early into my porch sitting! Thanks!

Take Care,
Mike

Wow! Lots of cover choices for this one. This is going to be one big run...everybody should be able to find something that makes them happy.

Back