Grip with G10

I came across a regular sized grip with G10 (green/Black)at a large camping/outdoor retailer.I believe it can only be ordered online. . I've missed out on BM LE with this retailer before and regret it. I don't have full sized grip yet.I was wondering if anyone has one or is planning on getting it.

Yep, I got one ordered, I also got the shot show edition, g10 on the grip is awesome! The rei edition is a bit spendy but I think it's worth it. Get it, you won't be sorry and if you don't like it you can sell it.

what steel is on this griptilian?
Benchmade 551 Griptilian G10 Special Edition Knife - Straight Edge Specs
Specification
Description
Best use
Camping
Straight edge
Yes
3.4 inches
No
4.6 inches
Yes
Nylon
Stainless steel
4.6 x 0.6 inches
4.5 ounces
Knife blade type
Locking blade
Number of blades
Max blade length (in.)
Double-edged blade
Closed length
One-handed opening
Handle material
Blade material
Dimensions
Weight

Same question. The Recreational place that carries the knife doesn't say. If it's S30V that's a good buy, if 154CM those are expensive scales.

I was about to order it this morning but then got an email from Wilkins saying the ti scales are in stock. I know i'm going to be kicking myself since i've missed the blue and CF 530s from them too.

they have non serrated also. yeah it just said "stainless steel" on their website. Hmm..i might pick one up then since its s30v. thanks fellas.

You're right, I missed that on their website because it had no thumbnail.

Nice looking knife, but is the s30v an advantage? I read a LOT of mixed opinions about it here, most of it negative, but some positive. Chips easily? I am far from an expert knife sharpener...

anyone who has concerns about bm's version of s30v needs to glance at their product test videos of bushcrafter...

I've got 3 knives in BM's S30V, and they are all amazing.
940, 530-1303 (The REI CF 530), and a 730-1301. I have yet to have any of them chip.

Had I not spent my limit on BMs for the next couple months, I'd be getting one of these. No questions asked.

Well, I'm a newbie, give me a break! :rolleyes: I do think I've read posts here about that occurring, but maybe I was imagining it. I did order one though, seemed too good to pass up.

Did anyone get a firm confirmation that this is S30V? It would make sense given prior Benchmade LE knives, but REI wasn't able to confirm it and I haven't called BM yet.

Did anyone get a firm confirmation that this is S30V? It would make sense given prior Benchmade LE knives, but REI wasn't able to confirm it and I haven't called BM yet.

I was taking rajincagin's word for it, guess I will know once it arrives. I'll post the results, if someone else hasn't yet. Estimated delivery date is Tuesday, 11/19.

Back