Grip

Only hard wood i was used so far for handle are Ebony .......this is one o knife with that wood .I give it to one friend , avid hunter .He complain that handle is slippery when he deals with wild boar..........

nfe6TsL.jpg

So , what do you think about this ??? I think that I already see something like this , but I m not sure ........First one / SIC / was done just not to forget the idea.I used leftover/not enough/ epoxy so it didn't come great .Then i do this ...........coated the entire handle with epoxy and then very fine aluminium oxide ..............NOW that is grip , i like it .I've been using this knife for a few days when I need it. In the beginning there was a drop of grains ... but now it stopped and i think that finish would last long time ...What do you think ?
Silicon carbide is little on coarse side on this one .I will try other one with fine SIC
IaQArE8.jpg

But this one with AO ................nothing can't get this knife out of hand.
GewKL7y.jpg

m3vveGB.jpg

I use horse stall mat. It makes a great non-slip handle. Many knife suppliers sell it in blocks or small sheets. An equestrian stable probably will give you some.

I don't know if I would want a handle made from abrasives :eek:

I use horse stall mat. It makes a great non-slip handle. Many knife suppliers sell it in blocks or small sheets. An equestrian stable probably will give you some.

I don't know if I would want a handle made from abrasives :eek:
I don’t mean to derail the thread, but will truck mud flaps work well as a knife handle?

Only hard wood i was used so far for handle are Ebony .......this is one o knife with that wood .I give it to one friend , avid hunter .He complain that handle is slippery when he deals with wild boar..........

nfe6TsL.jpg

So , what do you think about this ??? I think that I already see something like this , but I m not sure ........First one / SIC / was done just not to forget the idea.I used leftover/not enough/ epoxy so it didn't come great .Then i do this ...........coated the entire handle with epoxy and then very fine aluminium oxide ..............NOW that is grip , i like it .I've been using this knife for a few days when I need it. In the beginning there was a drop of grains ... but now it stopped and i think that finish would last long time ...What do you think ?
Silicon carbide is little on coarse side on this one .I will try other one with fine SIC
IaQArE8.jpg

But this one with AO ................nothing can't get this knife out of hand.
GewKL7y.jpg

m3vveGB.jpg

Sometimes I have a creeping feeling you're an excellent knife maker who likes to get a bunch of americans are riled up when you are bored. You're amazingly good at it.

I love the ebony by the way, looks like diospyros celebicia

If you can make a grinder, you can make a glove with grip for him:D

Sometimes I have a creeping feeling you're an excellent knife maker who likes to get a bunch of americans are riled up when you are bored. You're amazingly good at it.

I love the ebony by the way, looks like diospyros celebicia
Yes , that wood is from somewhere in Asia..............
It's a gift, my friend................. thanks for compliment :D
All we are ...............at the mercy of whatever talent we have :)

Last edited:
He does make some really nice stuff. Can't say I've ever been riled up by his posts though :D
He does make some really nice stuff. Can't say I've ever been riled up by his posts though :D
Well , my problem with my american friends is that what I think is nice conversation they think it is confrontation .................and they start jumping on me from all sides :D

Ultrex Suretouch is something I wouldn't mind trying it looks like it would make a good non-stick handle. I think this has been post in this forum previously, has anyone had a chance to try it yet?Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 11.33.43 PM.jpeg

How’s the sheath holding up?
Sheath ? You worry about that piece of leather ?? Come on my friend , who cares about that ? In middle of nowhere you care about YOU ! BTW , we take the knife out of sheath when we really need it , not to play in front of screen and making funny video how impressed we are with our new knife !
How will last sheath .........:eek:

Back