GSO 2.7 Mockup

Guy, are you going to make a promo vid for the new 'starter' knives as you did before? Loved to watch them and see what we are getting in the mail :D

Yes. He may not know it yet, but yes. I'm hoping we will have a camera better than the ipad by then, along with some proper video editing software. But even if we don't, we will still do a quick video at least going over the specs for each model as they are finished up.

What would be the weight of the 2.7? Just curious because I'm going to use it for edc.

here is my tabletop opinion about my new 2.7. SPOILER ALERT!! I LOVE IT.
I have been using short blade knives as my edc for the past few months. esee candiru,
bk13, my own designed knives, izula, bk14, even a gso 3.5. LT Wright patriot etc..
the gso 2.7 feels really good in my large size hand, even feels better then the gso 3.5
and I really like the 3.5. I am glad that there is no jimping or bow drill diviot on the 2.7.
I have those features on some of my other gso knives and I would just as well not have
them on the larger knives either. just my preference. I will answer any questions.
BTW get one of these. the 2.7 is cool.

Last edited:
here is my tabletop opinion about my new 2.7. SPOILER ALERT!! I LOVE IT.
I have been using short blade knives as my edc for the past few months. esee candiru,
bk13, my own designed knives, izula, bk14, even a gso 3.5. LT Wright patriot etc..
the gso 2.7 feels really good in my large size hand, even feels better then the gso 3.5
and I really like the 3.5. I am glad that there is no jimping or bow drill diviot on the 2.7.
I have those features on some of my other gso knives and I would just as well not have
them on the larger knives either. just my preference. I will answer any questions.
BTW get one of these. the 2.7 is cool.
This is awesome to hear :thumbsup:

If you end up taking any comparison pics to the knives you mentioned I'd love to see them. I used to have a candiru and I really liked it. I miss it.
I agree with your thoughts on the handle comfort. It is easy to hold and nice to use. What do you think you'll end up doing most with the knife. Mine is kept mostly as a back up, so it doesn't get nearly as much use as my 4.7 or 4.1.

ok I figured that many people would like to see the gso family together. here they are with the sharpening choils lined up.
top to bottom
gso 4.7 CPM 3-V
gso 4.7 CRU FORGE V
gso 4.1 M-390
gso 4.1 S7
gso 3.5 CPM 20CV
gso 2.7 CPM-20CV

edc4.jpg

Last edited:
ok from the top
candiru
bk13 remora
gso 2.7
gso 3.5
my own design
bk11
bk24 D2 steel
bk14
if you would like comparison pics of other knives, I have a few........... LOL

View attachment 730411

If I had only held a 3.5, then just by looking at the picture I would guess that the 2.7 would be too stubby in the handle. But having the 2.7, I can say that I can get a full grip on it with no problem, a very interesting small knife IMO. Thanks for the comparison shot. That design of yours looks good, too.

If I had only held a 3.5, then just by looking at the picture I would guess that the 2.7 would be too stubby in the handle. But having the 2.7, I can say that I can get a full grip on it with no problem, a very interesting small knife IMO. Thanks for the comparison shot. That design of yours looks good, too.
I agree 100% with your comment. I was afraid that the 2.7 was going to be too stubby. BUT! the 2.7 feels so good because the belly is perfect to make the knife fill my hand and feel larger then it is. I used the 2.7 to cut down at least 50 boxes tonight.
it never flinched. I had to put the LT Wright D2 patriot away after about 10 boxes. so the gso wins on the steel. BTW... thanks for the compliment on my design. that knife was actually stolen and returned to me. Karma

BTW... thanks for the compliment on my design. that knife was actually stolen and returned to me. Karma

Holy cow! GLAD you got it back man, that rarely happens :thumbsup:

Ya the 2.7 really is 'little big knife' lol. Mine has taken care of a bunch of trout and catfish duty without the need to sharpen it yet. Not that it's magic or anything, but it's almost a conundrum that it works that good for being that small.

bladesmith3 bladesmith3 Thanks for taking the time to line up the blades and take those pics. I didn't recognize some of the knives because of the sweet modifications. I hope you posted those in the Becker forum. That's great work.

Your personal creation looks awesome. I like the blade shape and the butt of the handle is what I expect for something as small as a neck or pocket knife like the 2.7. So how did you get it back after it was stolen??? There must be a good story there.

You do have a nice collection of SURVIVE! knives. And an S7! Did I see that before?
Now straighten up those screws on the GSO 4.1 :D

bladesmith3 bladesmith3 Thanks for taking the time to line up the blades and take those pics. I didn't recognize some of the knives because of the sweet modifications. I hope you posted those in the Becker forum. That's great work.

Your personal creation looks awesome. I like the blade shape and the butt of the handle is what I expect for something as small as a neck or pocket knife like the 2.7. So how did you get it back after it was stolen??? There must be a good story there.

You do have a nice collection of SURVIVE! knives. And an S7! Did I see that before?
Now straighten up those screws on the GSO 4.1 :D

lol I thought about aligning the screws before the pic. I had just made liners for it so the screws were not indexed yet. and yes I did try to buy torx screws from survive but no go, BTW I knew who the thief was from the beginning. made it a little easier to get the police to intervene. he had stolen something else that
aroused the police interests. plus I had lots of pics of the one of a kind knives so making an identification easy.

Want to buy or trade some gear /titanium gear for a GSO 2.7 if you have one please hit me up. Chuck

Back