GSO 20 request thread

Well said.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with wanting a Survive! Machete, but if you do, I suggest you start your own thread, rather than derailing this one. There are a lot of quality machetes out there, I think people started this thread because they wanted something that's not available without paying for a $4000 custom.

Also well said. I don't think what was said was horrible, but this thread definitely doesn't need to turn into a debate of machete vs short sword.

I took Brummie's post more of a "heading off at the pass" to avoid this thread taking a wrong turn.

I don't know if the intent was to derail but instead just voicing of a preference. I'm all for discussion BUT Guy has mysteriously mentioned actual plans and drawings for a machete....... now that is exciting. As far as the sword-like dealer of death and destruction, we need to get this baby off the ground!

There is obviously a lot of support for the GSO-20 as-is judging from the number of members posting, views count, and post count of the thread.

Posts in this thread should be in discussion of, or in support of the GSO-20. The goal is to convince Guy and Ellie to produce the GSO-20 and any negative comments are unnecessary and not productive toward that goal. If anyone doesn't like or doesn't want what we're proposing, don't post and don't buy it if (when?) it becomes available.

If there is a desire to have a machete produced, I agree it should have it's own thread started. I'll post there as well as I want a S!urvive machete too. I'll just wait to join that discussion until we can get a commitment on the GSO-20 as that's my most desired blade

Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just trying to make sure the goal is clear and that we're doing everything we can to get the GSO-20 produced for those that want it.

My 2 cents.

edit - I see a S!urvive Machete thread was started. Thanks guys and gals! :thumbup:

Last edited:
The steel is less expensive, but then you have to add the cost of Cerakoting. Steel is a pretty small portion of the overall cost of a knife, and the other steps don't change in price. We can cut cost on these by sticking with the less expensive handles, fasteners and sheath. With less options, they are also faster to build and QC.

wavey.gif

Very happy to see you here!

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Sounds good to me!! When can we pre-order?

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

The steel is less expensive, but then you have to add the cost of Cerakoting. Steel is a pretty small portion of the overall cost of a knife, and the other steps don't change in price. We can cut cost on these by sticking with the less expensive handles, fasteners and sheath. With less options, they are also faster to build and QC.

I should clarify that by "these" I meant blades made with Cru Forge V, not GSO-20 blades. Hahah.

For now, we have way too much going on to entertain the idea of adding another large model to the line-up. I will keep you posted if that ever changes.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with wanting a Survive! Machete, but if you do, I suggest you start your own thread, rather than derailing this one. There are a lot of quality machetes out there, I think people started this thread because they wanted something that's not available without paying for a $4000 custom.

I should clarify that by "these" I meant blades made with Cru Forge V, not GSO-20 blades. Hahah.

For now, we have way too much going on to entertain the idea of adding another large model to the line-up. I will keep you posted if that ever changes.

Ha! Makes sense with the workload you guys have already and the projects you're already committed to.

Don't worry. We'll be here when you're ready. I'm sure they'll be many more of us by that time as well.

So...sounds like she's telling us there's a chance. I may need to up my number to 3, my daughter has become a pretty big fan of swords lately and it would be awesome to have a S!WORD to sit aside for her.

I don't know if the intent was to derail but instead just voicing of a preference. I'm all for discussion BUT Guy has mysteriously mentioned actual plans and drawings for a machete....... now that is exciting. As far as the sword-like dealer of death and destruction, we need to get this baby off the ground!

Just to be clear - I wasn't trying to be offensive to Fancier, or suggest he was deliberately sabotaging the thread. It's just that if you have a thread that is trying to make a manufacturer aware of demand for a certain product, and then people start talking about a different product, it does deflect from the purpose. I've been guilty of doing the same myself, so I understand how it happens.

Ellie's response seems to be "no promises for now", but I hope it stays on the agenda. What are the odds that a GSO 20 will show up before a Busse B13?

Just to be clear - I wasn't trying to be offensive to Fancier, or suggest he was deliberately sabotaging the thread. It's just that if you have a thread that is trying to make a manufacturer aware of demand for a certain product, and then people start talking about a different product, it does deflect from the purpose. I've been guilty of doing the same myself, so I understand how it happens.

That's what I figured. All good!

Busse released the B13 creating a lot of happy hogs - while it make take a while, I think we'll definitely see the GSO 20 become a reality!

Count me as one of the Happy Hogs! :pig:

We're only been talking about the GSO-20 for 5 months and Ellie is aware of our interest.
Still in for two GSO-20's. :thumbup: --- :D

We're only been talking about the GSO-20 for 5 months and Ellie is aware of our interest.
Same here!

The amount of sheer joy and goodwill generated by finally giving the hogs what they had been begging for was impressive to say the least. Here is hoping SURVIVORS! don't have to wait quite as long..;)

Busse released the B13 creating a lot of happy hogs - while it make take a while, I think we'll definitely see the GSO 20 become a reality!

Yes sir.

I've got a good feeling about the GSO-20. It's just Guy and Ellie already have so much on their plate... And they likely always will. Victims of their own success.

However, once the Pre-Orders are filled..... yeah, I've got a good feeling about this.

What's another 6 months to a year in the scheme of things? As long as our GSO-20s start shipping before SHTF...

Last edited:
Back