GSO-4.7 Cru Forge V

Hey hey hey hey guess who got his shipping notice today!!!!!! [emoji7][emoji2][emoji51]

Sent from the pay phone beside 7/11!

Same here! Nice little knife. Mine is the same as yours, except black canvas.

I love the grip. Just slightly smaller than the 5.1, but because of that, it fits my hand SO much better. It was immediately apparent. I have to admit, though, I like the 5.1's blade shape a little better. The tip being just ever so slightly offset to the upper side of the centerline of the knife (less of a spear point) is the better blade shape for me.

But the grip. I had mentioned somewhere before that the 5.1's grip just wasn't quite right, that it didn't feel secure in my hand because of it. THIS thing feels SECURE! For some reason (I can only attribute it to the grip length being just slightly shorter), it just works perfectly.

It's a keeper, even though I like the 5.1's blade shape better. It's a toss-up at this point which will see more use. I'm definitely gonna work this CruV 4.7, though. Probably more than my current 5.1, as I'm guessing the CruV is a little tougher than 20CV.

Well done once again, S!K. Definitely looking forward to getting my 3V 4.7, too!

Thanks HK.
Yeah, the longer I have it, the more it grows on me. The cerakote is fantastic.

Any idea how many of these ended up being made? For that matter, how many knives does Survive usually make on each run. Rough numbers are fine. Just curious.

Very many? Quite a few?
The production order was set last year by the number of orders placed during the starter campaign.
So each successive model ought to be a smaller run, except that they kept taking orders, and the 2.7 was moved ahead of the 4.1 because of some bottleneck, probably a materials order due to the orders placed after the starter closed and before production started on the 4.1.
Oh, and Survive has processed in excess of 10,000 orders through their webpage in total.

Thanks HK.
Yeah, the longer I have it, the more it grows on me. The cerakote is fantastic.

Ronnie beat the heck out of his prototype, and it still looked pretty good when he passed it on. I've been kind of getting away from coated blades, but it seems like it makes sense for this steel, since the cerakote is apparently holding up well and the CFV is not stainless.

Any thoughts you have that come with use, I'd like to hear :thumbup:

Any idea how many of these ended up being made? For that matter, how many knives does Survive usually make on each run. Rough numbers are fine. Just curious.

I have no idea how many knives S!K puts out each year, but here is a shot they posted after a batch of 4.1's made it to the shop following HT, each stack looks to be ~10 knives and there are maybe 100 stacks in this shot...

13827424_1737315966536511_1328440055_n.jpg

When the 4.7's showed up, Guy posted this shot:

12328187_937764569651712_1187021516_n.jpg

surviveknives Right on the heels of the new GSO-5.1 will be the GSO-4.7. In this photo is about half of the production run.

It's a freaking LOT of knives...

Ronnie beat the heck out of his prototype, and it still looked pretty good when he passed it on. I've been kind of getting away from coated blades, but it seems like it makes sense for this steel, since the cerakote is apparently holding up well and the CFV is not stainless.

Any thoughts you have that come with use, I'd like to hear :thumbup:

Will do, definitely!
So far it has only opened some mail. Mid-week, work and all, that's about all the time I have for it. I'm hoping to be back out in the yard processing trees we had taken down a couple weeks ago. I expect I'll have a little more to say after that.

I had said earlier that the grip felt better, more secure. But I took out the 5.1 tonight and compared the two, and the length of the contouring looks the same, held up side be side. The Palm swell is over the same length, and the drop at the heel is the same, as far as it goes on the 4.7. The 5.1 goes a fraction of and inch farther at the butt end, though, and that may be where the difference in feel lies. The handle/grip scales on both appear to flare to the same thickness at their aft end, with the 4.7 scales appearing to be maybe a quarter inch shorter, at most. But that seems to make the difference in feel. I rolled those two knives around in hand for a long time trying to figure it out!

I just got my shipping notice for my CruForge V. Sweeeeeet👏😱👍😃

Nice! I think you're gonna LOVE it!

Cru Forge are up for sale right now with delivery next month.🔊🔊🔊🔊

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Got dinged for my CruV yesterday, order number #9892. Can't remember if this is the regular or the Ugly Betty I ordered.

Cru Forge are up for sale right now with delivery next month.🔊🔊🔊🔊

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I like my CruV so much, if I wasn't already well OVER my budget for knives this month, I'd get a second. Or third, even.

Back