Gso 7/7

They are not listed on the new website! Dunno if they are waiting for enough stock to re-release them.

Hey Bennieboo, are you interested in selling one of the big brother GSO-10s? I had a 7/7 but sold it to opt for a 10. I also have a GSO 5.0 that's just the right size (not too big, not too small). I can carry it anywhere I want if needed and still be legal. I'm also looking forward to the 4.1 Scandi grind.

Last edited:
There should be a slight change on the 7/7'a design. I'm looking forward on S7 steel version.

Atx man I'm sorry I wanna keep them. I love survive so much. Also big knives in general lol. 7/7 will be my small knife.

Also I wonder if we can still get coatings on them? I'm torn on whether or not to get the two I'm getting coated.

I believe they said they will be offering coatings on the 7/7, just not the DLC coating due to cost. Bummer

I believe they said they will be offering coatings on the 7/7, just not the DLC coating due to cost. Bummer

True, plus they just moved across the country, not sure how that'd affect things supplier wise. I have a 4.1 with the black DLC coating and I thought they did a great job with it, especially as I'm not one for coated blades, it really holds up!

I heard from another thread the 7's coming after the 5, thats the only one in the lineup missing from my GSO family!

I heard from another thread the 7's coming after the 5, thats the only one in the lineup missing from my GSO family!
You make me sick... with jealousy =)

Do you recall what the seller was asking for?

I wish I remembered! I want to say it was between $250 and $300, maybe closer to $300. It is a good time to be selling a GSO, but not so good for buying second hand. People are willing to pay above prices on the S!K site for used knives and even factory seconds.

Why do people replace their asking price with the word sold? I get that the knife has to be marked as sold, but it would be nice to see prices after the deal for reference.

You make me sick... with jealousy =)

I wish I remembered! I want to say it was between $250 and $300, maybe closer to $300. It is a good time to be selling a GSO, but not so good for buying second hand. People are willing to pay above prices on the S!K site for used knives and even factory seconds.

Why do people replace their asking price with the word sold? I get that the knife has to be marked as sold, but it would be nice to see prices after the deal for reference.

I believe it was $275ish because I "seconds" it. Lucky guy.

Ah yes, I thought I remembered a fellow SURVIVE!r on that post. Thanks for confirming, sorry you didn't get there first!

Also I wonder if we can still get coatings on them? I'm torn on whether or not to get the two I'm getting coated.

We aren't doing coatings on any of the GSO knives right now. The DLC can look great but it had two strikes against it: 1) It doesn't offer the corrosion protection we were looking for. 2) It is inconsistent, especially the FDE. We had to send a lot back to be redone. Guy is continuing to look around and test different coating methods but nothing has been up to the SURVIVE! standard.

We aren't doing coatings on any of the GSO knives right now. The DLC can look great but it had two strikes against it: 1) It doesn't offer the corrosion protection we were looking for. 2) It is inconsistent, especially the FDE. We had to send a lot back to be redone. Guy is continuing to look around and test different coating methods but nothing has been up to the SURVIVE! standard.

What about something similar to what Swamp Rat Knife Works uses? That coating has proven to be very durable and corrosion resistant.

Just a thought.

-Funk

Ellie are you saying that it provided NO corrosion resistence, or that it just didn't provide ENOUGH corrosion resistence. Because I'll be pretty disappointed if it provides no corrosion ressitence whatsoever. :grumpy:

Back