Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

So walking in to work from the parking deck revealed damage from last nights storm. Loving the patina, and can’t keep this one out of my pocket!
FOJE0JA.jpg

hNUuQTY.jpg

x1LRZyG.jpg

4E1xK7X.jpg

Eveving Guardians :) Day two at Lake Tahoe. Spent a good portion of the day relaxing at the pool and rec center...but managed to talk my family into driving down to Emerald Bay with me.
View attachment 1148480
View attachment 1148481
The kids...
View attachment 1148482
Hope everyone has a great week :thumbsup:
Beautiful weather, good looking kids, and beautiful pics. You're a lucky man :D

Well, it came today.
3fxFja0.jpg

Sorry about the lighting, but it's dark out. I will be posting more pictures soon.

This is my fourth lambsfoot. The first was Ashley's Choice, a wonderful little Sambar Stag knife that was my 2018 "Knife of the Year." Then the desert ironwood lambsfoot, which is a better size for my hands. Every ironwood lambsfoot I've seen here is extraordinary. What a beautiful knife! Then I was gifted a limited edition rosewood lambsfoot that tmd_87 tmd_87 won in Jack's latest GAW. (Thanks again, Taylor!) Another special knife. Carried it today. This one I've had for a couple of hours, and it's already my favourite. When I first saw pictures of it, I knew I had to buy one, and I'm glad I did. I will be toting this one often. A great size for a pocket knife, and gorgeous fat stag, the way I like it. A work of art, and I love the history behind it. I love the pocket slip and the button, too.
Kudos to the cutler, and to you, Jack. What a great ambassador you are. I will drink a toast to you tonight with some English gin. Cheers!
Another Bobby Dazzler finds a new home! Grats! :cool:

So walking in to work from the parking deck revealed damage from last nights storm. Loving the patina, and can’t keep this one out of my pocket!
FOJE0JA.jpg

hNUuQTY.jpg

x1LRZyG.jpg

4E1xK7X.jpg
That is one fine AC. Very nice pic :thumbsup: (the knife that is, the damage not so much)
The grain on this knife is fantastic!
hJZrtyc.jpg
Absolutely stunning :cool:

Whew! All caught up after taking several days off from the forum while traveling to attend a relative’s graduation. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed seeing the fantastic pictures of the Hartshead Barlows as they are arriving. Thank you all for sharing!

I’m checking my PO Box daily in anticipation of being able to share my own. :) In the mean time, it feels really good to have a lambsfoot in my pocket again after forgoing it for air travel.

A Herculean effort Greg, well done! :) Great to see you back my friend...

Snack time:

7Rquu8qh.jpg

Aged English Cheddar and my most aged lambsfoot knife.

...and to know you have a Lambsfoot back in your pocket :) :thumbsup:

Come to Austin, and I can find you a couple breakfast tacos and a bottomless cup of coffee for under $10. Also, I think it's in the Texas Constitution that all iced tea comes with free refills. It's not officially summer yet, and the thermometer read 106 this afternoon, so iced tea is a necessity.

I'm enjoying seeing all the Hartsheads; it's making my anticipation grow. Mine has decided to hang out in Chicago for a few days. o_O

It's tempting! :D Hope you get your package soon Rachel :thumbsup:

Jammie Dodgers, only the best, yum!

Russell

View attachment 1148428

Lovely pile-side shot Russell :thumbsup:

And the beat goes on...just when I thought I was almost catching up on some bills, I find this :rolleyes:

GEC-ILLUSTRATED-3.jpg

Definitely a milestone :) Well done to Charlie for this historic achievement, and to GEC for succumbing to his persistence. The knives look fantastic :) :thumbsup:

Most interesting Jack. Love the Marlin spike and the small vice.

Congratulations John on your eagle landing! Beautiful barlow indeed and scrumptious side orders! :D

He has a girl named Jane. :rolleyes:

My Loot from Leeds has escaped the bonds of Customs in the Windy City and is winging (okay wheeling) its way south even as we speak! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks buddy, hope that loot gets to you fast! :D :thumbsup:

OLd_gUY OLd_gUY ... one more Tarzan shot..... View attachment 1148454

Great pic of that Damascus beauty :) :thumbsup:

Good Evening Guardians
It's your nightly grillin' edition.
Tonight we have Lamb cutting Lamb. :)

I'm glad to see you're not just living on Jammie Dodgers John! :D :thumbsup:

Agreed David, it is a great carpenter's knife:thumbsup:
I have the two-blader with me at work every day, and after work as well :)

Michael

Great to hear Michael, cool pic :) :thumbsup:

Eveving Guardians :) Day two at Lake Tahoe. Spent a good portion of the day relaxing at the pool and rec center...but managed to talk my family into driving down to Emerald Bay with me.
View attachment 1148480
View attachment 1148481
The kids...
View attachment 1148482

Thanks for the stunning pics Darren, looks like you're having a fantastic time :) :thumbsup:

Well, it came today.
3fxFja0.jpg

Sorry about the lighting, but it's dark out. I will be posting more pictures soon.

This is my fourth lambsfoot. The first was Ashley's Choice, a wonderful little Sambar Stag knife that was my 2018 "Knife of the Year." Then the desert ironwood lambsfoot, which is a better size for my hands. Every ironwood lambsfoot I've seen here is extraordinary. What a beautiful knife! Then I was gifted a limited edition rosewood lambsfoot that tmd_87 tmd_87 won in Jack's latest GAW. (Thanks again, Taylor!) Another special knife. Carried it today. This one I've had for a couple of hours, and it's already my favourite. When I first saw pictures of it, I knew I had to buy one, and I'm glad I did. I will be toting this one often. A great size for a pocket knife, and gorgeous fat stag, the way I like it. A work of art, and I love the history behind it. I love the pocket slip and the button, too.

Kudos to the cutler, and to you, Jack. What a great ambassador you are. I will drink a toast to you tonight with some English gin. Cheers!

Nice to see that arrive Vince, I'm glad you're liking it my friend :) :thumbsup:

FOJE0JA.jpg

hNUuQTY.jpg

x1LRZyG.jpg

4E1xK7X.jpg

Superb pics in the wake of the storm :) :thumbsup:

The grain on this knife is fantastic!
hJZrtyc.jpg

It's a good batch of rosewood isn't it Taylor, took me a little by surprise, and I wish I had asked for more? That's a cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Cheers Vince :) :) :thumbsup:

Well, it came today.
3fxFja0.jpg

Congratulations Vince, another magnificent!!!;):thumbsup:

LOL Dave! Especially if it's whisky. Or oatmeal (porridge).

I had a chance to snag one but I passed. Too many cool knives all at once and my wallet is already smoking.
Luckily, I'm over-the-moon about the Hartshead Barlow. That one's going to keep me happy for quite a long time. :)

That's why my friend 'Master Card' kindly acquired my Hartshead for me :oops:

OLd_gUY OLd_gUY ... one more Tarzan shot..... View attachment 1148454

What a great looking tree. Even better looking lambsfoot of course.

Good Evening Guardians
It's your nightly grillin' edition.
Tonight we have Lamb cutting Lamb. :)

Ahhh...the rack of lamb! Tasty tasty tasty...:thumbsup:

View attachment 1148480
View attachment 1148481
The kids...
View attachment 1148482

That looks stunning! You must be really enjoying yourselves! And blue sky to! Is that snow in the background.

No knife for me today as I'm about to head out to work. Hope you all have a great Friday and summer solstice! I'll mimic Jack's post; this place will be chocker tonight...:oops::D
9Xo3hoD.jpg

Morning Guardians, great to see the Hartshead Barlows landing :) Think I'm going to go with my Rosewood model today. Have a good Summer Solstice Friday, and an even better weekend :) :thumbsup:

WBmxBbD.jpg

Summer-Solstice-Stonehenge-860x540.jpg

Thanks Jack, same to you, this anxiety increases with each passing day and the postman leaves nothing.:(
Now only on Tuesday, because it's a holiday here on Monday, but I have to be patient (difficult !!!).:D:thumbsup:

Knives for my local club finally arrived!! Wonderful knives and historical tale!!View attachment 1147839 View attachment 1147841
Congrats, Charlie!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Looks like between the Hartshead Barlows and the Waynorth Cutlery tubes, your property is overrun with lambs! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Greetings Guardians...from Lake Tahoe kicking off another family adventure.
View attachment 1147883
View attachment 1147884
View attachment 1147885
View attachment 1147886
You'd be stumped trying to find more impressive ironwood than yours, Darren! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I yield the floor to the salutary stag senator from California, Steve! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Think I'll tote this on the last day of Spring:
wGILIJc.jpg

Have a terrific Thursday, Guardians!
Vince, your rosewood lamb has vernal va-va-voom! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

I'll do like Vince and post tonight for tomorrow. The Painters are in tomorrow morning and I must unplug my computer and landline.
What will I do all morning?? :eek::p
View attachment 1147906
All-time Champ AC, Dave! :thumbsup::cool::cool: Maybe you can clean rollers or brushes?? :)

Something else I could do is head downtown and help this lady feed the chickens. Then cross the street to the RockyView for a $2.98 breakfast after that the Bar should be open.:thumbsup::p
View attachment 1147913
View attachment 1147914
I say we all meet at Dave's place in early August to go to breakfast and then head over to the GEC Rendezvous! :D:thumbsup::D

Woaaaahhhh look who landed!!!! :)

Phenomenal fit and finish, walk and talk is great, love the cover. Most of all my favorite thing is the bolster stamp. Thanks Jack for the Leeds Beer Festival pamphlet I will be pursuing it shortly after I put this knife down!!!

bITj5yM.jpg

:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Congrats, Taylor!! :cool::thumbsup::cool: Rousing rosewood Hartshead Barlow!

There all looking great knives folks. Having had a mediocre example of Wright's stag in the past I'm glad to see it looks terrific and the rosewood looks a cut above to. :thumbsup:
Agree with David 100%. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Jack has arranged for some exemplary stag on both the AC run and these Hartshead Barlows!

Good morning guys, as today is a holiday in Portugal, I am having fun here in the Forum and so put another picture of my Guardians 19!!:):thumbsup:

2zrhwt3.jpg
Irresistible ironwood stripes, José! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This patina from your Cracker Jack is incredible!;):thumbsup:
Thanks, José. :) That's an old pic from last fall when the patina was just forming; it's not as colorful today.

Thanks Gary! Cracker Jack looks great whether he’s coming or going! :D
Thanks, Ron. :) I'm glad what you say is true, since I usually don't know if I'm coming or going. :rolleyes:

Yes indeed... Summer Time is Grillin' Time.
I have a rack of lamb dialed up for tonight. You know I'll be using my Lamb to cut my lamb. :D
Sounds nutritious and delicious, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Fairly comfortably. It spread out the sweat so I didn't have the clammy brow feel. I don't know that it's worth the trouble though. In really filthy hot weather I tend to wear my Outdoor Research Sonora sombrero anyway.
xjjqd6y.jpg
Thanks for the report. :cool::thumbsup: There are lots of things I've discovered that probably aren't worth the trouble. :rolleyes:

Sorry I haven't been as involved lately, I've been dealing with some heavy personal stuff. But, I wanted to make sure and congratulate all the recent recipients of the new Hartshead Barlows...
I hope you can get it worked out to everyone's satisfaction soon, John. The Porch often serves me as a way to "escape" when the challenges of "real life" get overwhelming.

If I didn't respond to a quote or comment, please forgive me.
Maybe I can catch up this weekend. :confused:

48090086812_ee2e37446b_h.jpg

The '19 from a day 'er two ago.
It's alllllmost Friday !
Hang in there, FBC; maybe soon the busy times will just be a blip on the radar, as your ironwood displays. :cool::cool:;)

Congrats to those who have and are receiving The Hartshead Barlows, they are truly special. I resisted the urge to buy both because I 'm hoping to get one or both of Charlie's Lambsfoot. Depending on finances after that and if available I might try to get the Rosewood HH's Barlow...to many knives to little money!

Have to get back on the mower today and keep the weeds at bay! It's windy and not fun to mow...I have googles and mask but the chaff from cutting gets all over me and itches like crazy, but its got to be done.

Have a terrific Thursday.
IMG_1176.JPG
Sounds like you have a good plan for fiscal responsibility in your knife transactions, Preston. :cool::cool::thumbsup: And when a stellar stag Senator tells you to mow, I guess you have to mow! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope that nicely composed shot of your Cracker Jack lazing about on those autumn leaves aren't indicative of your weather GT. :thumbsup:
We've done winter, early spring then back to winter. :rolleyes: Things are just about looking up though now.
Thanks, David; the shot was from last fall. :) We've had below average temperatures, below average sun, and above average precipitation every month so far this year, but the oak leaves have barely come out.

5K Qs 5K Qs Thank you GT. Your Cracker Jack AC makes for a wonderful portrait.
Good Morning Guardians. The following show and tell is less about me, and more a tribute to Jack’s devotion to the Lambsfoot. His vision and enthusiasm is quit infectious.

The Barlows are simply wonderful as others have already pointed out. My two have hafts that although dissimilar, have a beauty that is most pleasing. Photographically and aesthetically, instead of two Barlows, I now have 4.:)
F401BC11-C186-48E6-A1B3-EFF0368DCE1A_zpshszlejl8.jpeg

2037947F-FCC7-4F42-824E-A721EFC90581_zpsxkzyngi7.jpeg

Congratulations Harvey, two more beauties.:)
I especially love the color of this stag!!;):thumbsup:
Congrats on your Hartshead Barlow pair, Harvey, and thanks for sharing the pro pics! I agree with José – the fiery stag on the mark side really stands out! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks GT, great to see Cracker Jack :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :)

I found this old marlin spike on the market today, thought it was kind of cool :)

MVoqEbg.jpg
Nice tool, Jack, but I hope you don't intend to attach it to your stag Barlow! :eek::D

...also has an MOD connection, a hand-vice made by Shelley in 1953, and in nice condition I think :thumbsup:
F2KuiE9.jpg

Cool tool, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Looks like something that was born in the Frankensteinian imagination of Shelley; interesting juxtaposition with Stoker's Lucy! ;):D

- GT

Back