Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good Morning Guardians.
2C38F9CC-F3BD-49A6-8C21-D3139F42261F_zpsnsfrwzgn.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice looking brews jack!!! I'm excited to partake in some adult beverages.

Happy Wednesday guardians! Got this in the pocket gonna touch up the edge later today.
View attachment 1178867

Thanks John, you've done really well :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack! I'm glad I was able to snag one of these, for sure! I'd love to have some nice scenery to walk through like you showed earlier, but alas, a pile of pebbles is about the best Dallas has to offer!

Thanks Matt, I'm sure Dallas has its charms :) :thumbsup:

Picky fellers ought to stick together!

Dead right! :D :thumbsup:

Probably closer to the truth. :)

Jack Black Jack Black - picky would be my guess.:D

I reckon so! :D ;) :thumbsup:

They sure don't know how picky I can be.:eek::rolleyes::)

:D :thumbsup:

When I placed my order, I mentioned in the comments section I was purchasing the knife as I had been introduced to it by "Jack" and "The Guardians of the Lambsfoot " thread.

I wrote I wanted to "join the guardians of the lambsfoot" :) :)

With my knife I received a hand written/signed note that read:

----------
" Dear ___, please find enclosed the ebony lambsfoot knife you ordered plus some information on A Wright and the care of carbon steel blades.
Congratulations, you are now a " Guardian of the Lambsfoot"!
Best wishes,
___________ "
----------

I will treasure this hand written note :thumbsup:

That's funny Dan :D :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack, much appreciated.

I have one in Ironwood with me today.

8VpAAsT.jpg

Great shot of that Ironwood Dylan, and I love your cup :) :thumbsup:

5XkfLZ8.jpg

Maybe my other three lambsfoots are prettier, and probably better made in some ways, but this rosewood sure feels good in the hand.

You're a meat and potatoes guy Vince ;) :) :thumbsup:

Great pics and beautiful countryside:thumbsup: Hope your back held up okay.:)

Thanks mate, my back is still sore, but hopefully it'll be OK :thumbsup:

The African Rosewood rules them all. :cool::thumbsup:
Hands-down the best pull and 'snap' of any knife I own.

Great stuff John :) :thumbsup:

@JohnDF I do not know what it is, but there is something about wood scales that is so addictive. It maybe the feel in the hand, the history, i do not know but i just love them.:confused:o_O:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

JEEZE John:eek: - why don't you just tell us how you feel. If you like it that much, you ought to order another one for backup!!:) Seriously get another one.

I don't think we'll see anymore African Rosewood from Wright's, they've sourced it in Indonesia for a long time, but I got 10 made with some old stock which had been found at the factory :thumbsup:

" A walk in nature" #1
(I'll be taking my lamb ( and my phone lol ) along on my walks. I'll try to capture the little and often overlooked details around me.
N7SBBn1.jpg

That's the start of a great series Dan :) :thumbsup:

Thanks chaps your welcome. There maybe some more ancient church stuff next week. :thumbsup:

What a beautiful walking stick and a great gift from your grandad.

Oh now that's cool. :cool::thumbsup: Watermills and windmills. I can sit there and watch them all day long. :cool:

And that's cool to. I've never seen a wooden caliper before.:thumbsup: Great shot.

Errr.....Pies. :D

That's a cracking photo! The sun does wonders with the colours in the wood.:thumbsup:

Great pics Jack! Looks like you found some sun at least. :thumbsup:

Hang on. You've read it from the start and it's only taken you...two months...???!!:eek::eek::D

That's a great looking twin-blade. There very hefty knives; I reckon pretty indestructable. :thumbsup:

Enjoy the music festival, it sounds like a fun weekend. :thumbsup:

Well just in from work, so a couple of hours kip then I'm off for a few days to the wilds of North Yorkshire to help set up a beer festival :thumbsup:
Oh, and drink at the beer festival to.:cool:
So a recycled pic of the Big'un that will be seeing some use to be sure. :thumbsup:
k0Qt3Uq.jpg

Hope everyone has an equally great weekend. :)

Look forward to that David :) We found some sun BRIEFLY! :rolleyes: Sounds like the makings of a great weekend my friend, cool pic :) :thumbsup:

Why not both? On the other hand, I live in the middle of Tex-Mex territory, and might not want "English Tex-Mex"! Okay, I'll go with pies and pints! :)

There's a Mexican place up the road from me, run by Mexicans, Mexicans in the kitchen, and it's a bit of a gathering place for local Latinos, but even so I doubt it would be the same Vince. For a start it doesn't have any competition! :D I don't think you'd have been too impressed with the Tex-Mex place I went to, though they did have Pabst Blue Ribbon in the fridge ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the link, Jack. :thumbsup: We both found the writeup about Blue John very interesting and informative. Now we must have a goblet made up for those special occasions. :D

Glad you liked it David :D The first pocket knife I ever bought was purchased on a skool trip from the gift shop of one of the caverns :) :thumbsup:

" PIES&PINTS". I'm in "HEAVEN".:p

:D :thumbsup:

Maybe we can find pies & pints on our birthday and toast each other!

Great idea! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! Totin my PD Stag Bigun today. It’s sporting some fresh peach patina acquired while on our Rendezvous trip last week. :)

48542834036_19cf806a10_b_d.jpg

Looking good Ron :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
The young pup with the old dog.
A little bit different and a whole lot the same.

Very nice :) :thumbsup:

'Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. '

Exactly! :D :thumbsup:

Great pic, Ron, love the blues! Me and my boy RALF havin' a cup o' Joe this morning.

WTnPDeX.jpg

Good stuff Jeff :) :thumbsup:

Good morning everyone. Off to Klamath Falls, Oregon. No doctors this time. Walmart, Home Depot, and Taco Bell this time.

rOTy6eS.jpg

Have a good trip Ed :) :thumbsup:

Ahhhh back where it belongs
View attachment 1179175

Gorgeous Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Good Morning Guardians.
2C38F9CC-F3BD-49A6-8C21-D3139F42261F_zpsnsfrwzgn.jpeg

Lovely photo Harvey :) :thumbsup:

G'day Guardians, late afternoon here, and I have been having a good day. I spent a few hours in the market, even found a few things. Nice lunch, then went to watch the latest Tarantino flick. Just had a burger, and I'm meeting up with a pal for a few pints later in our newly-reopened local :) Hope everyone else is having a good day :) :thumbsup:

PjSiOdg.jpg

Lovely photo Harvey :) :thumbsup:

G'day Guardians, late afternoon here, and I have been having a good day. I spent a few hours in the market, even found a few things. Nice lunch, then went to watch the latest Tarantino flick. Just had a burger, and I'm meeting up with a pal for a few pints later in our newly-reopened local :) Hope everyone else is having a good day :) :thumbsup:

PjSiOdg.jpg
Jack, be interesting to hear what you think of your newly done up local. Hope they have not gone overboard and ruined the second home feel for you and your mates, which i have seen done plenty of times to good old "Public Houses"-Boozers.:rolleyes: To all the Guardians out there, have a good and safe weekend.:)

The historic main street is portioned off Thursday evenings a few times in the summer where artisans selling everything from paintings to woodwork, jewelry, and leatherwork. There are fresh fruit sellers, homemade bread, preserves, and a line up of food trucks selling everything from fries, hotdogs, and freshly made doughnuts.:D My only opportunity to take a photo of the HHB was on this wooden bear that was carved using a chainsaw. So I'll call it "Bear and Barlow". :)
There was also a few of the local Antique Autos on display so I took a couple of quick shots. A special one was the front end of a British car that was made into a cozy little sofa, not sure of the make though.
IMG_1284.JPG
IMG_1286.JPG IMG_1288.JPG IMG_1297.JPG

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Nice to hear you’re having a good day. Carry on with the good day. Cheers!

Thanks my friend, I had a very good evening too :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians.
48540883696_8d10461dd0_h.jpg

Fantastic pic Kevin, well done :) :thumbsup:

Good-looking grain in the wood there Jon :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! :) The polished blades definitely take on patina differently than the satin finish! :thumbsup:

They certainly do Ron, I love the colours you get with the polished blades :) :thumbsup:

Jack, be interesting to hear what you think of your newly done up local. Hope they have not gone overboard and ruined the second home feel for you and your mates, which i have seen done plenty of times to good old "Public Houses"-Boozers.:rolleyes: To all the Guardians out there, have a good and safe weekend.:)

Thanks mate :) I got quite a shock when I went in (past the bouncers they now have on the door for some reason), the pub hasn't just been refurbished, but it is now massively bigger. It was a bit like walking into the TARDIS as it still looks the same from outside, but they have built onto the rear, and also moved the toilets upstairs. I am still trying to get my head round it today. It was also filled with people, maybe they have been advertising the re-opening on social media or something. The beer was good though, and I had a great night with my pal. We were a few pints in, and he bumped into an ex colleague at the bar, who was with her two adult sons. I have met them all before, and they joined us. I mentioned that I had been to the cinema that afternoon, and got into a long and interesting conversation about movies with one of the 'boys'. After they family went home, and left me and my mate boozing, he told me that I was actually talking to a TV film critic :D Hope you're having a great weekend :thumbsup:

Edit - Thought I'd add a link to some photos of the pub. It has been looking run-down for a few years, but I thought they were just going to put in a new carpet and recover the seats! :eek:

external.jpg

Going to be a Fab Friday, Guardians!
tJIJjcj.jpg

Stunning photo Vince :thumbsup:

The historic main street is portioned off Thursday evenings a few times in the summer where artisans selling everything from paintings to woodwork, jewelry, and leatherwork. There are fresh fruit sellers, homemade bread, preserves, and a line up of food trucks selling everything from fries, hotdogs, and freshly made doughnuts.:D My only opportunity to take a photo of the HHB was on this wooden bear that was carved using a chainsaw. So I'll call it "Bear and Barlow". :)
There was also a few of the local Antique Autos on display so I took a couple of quick shots. A special one was the front end of a British car that was made into a cozy little sofa, not sure of the make though.
View attachment 1179571
View attachment 1179572 View attachment 1179573 View attachment 1179574

Thanks for the great pics Dave :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I've had such a good week that I'm not sure I've earned the weekend! :D Hope everyone has a good one though :) Carrying my Barlow again today :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

5VtVW5y.jpg

Last edited:
Back