Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

How about some horn? Anyone that has some horn covered lambfoot knives show the off.

tH0Ye6u.jpg

Just a fluke??? Notice the horn on the first knife. The coloring starts off yellowish at the butt end, flows into white, and then black. Kinda like the horn prop. I wonder if the animal that supplied the prop horn was related to the animal that supplied the horn for the knife?

Nice pic Ed :) Here's a few horn pics :thumbsup:

dFyCgAb.jpg

FsVL2IS.jpg

tVgcRos.jpg

XYSPzcx.jpg

xE4o3oD.jpg

bhkjnpv.jpg

Sp3Tbfl.jpg

SoEHhlQ.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. To your good times continuing.

Thanks Harvey :) Got blackberry crumble in the oven ;) :thumbsup:

Great pics Dave :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! Totin my PD Stag Bigun today. It’s sporting some fresh peach patina acquired while on our Rendezvous trip last week. :)

48542834036_19cf806a10_b_d.jpg
PATINA!!!!! :thumbsup:

Fantastic pic Kevin, well done :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I've had such a good week that I'm not sure I've earned the weekend! :D Hope everyone has a good one though :) Carrying my Barlow again today :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

5VtVW5y.jpg
Sounds like you have some "good week" momentum going, keep it rollin' Jack!

The WCLF is getting used a lot.
So much that it required a tune-up on the edge and a good cleaning.
As it should be, John. :thumbsup:

How about some horn? Anyone that has some horn covered lambfoot knives show the off.

tH0Ye6u.jpg

Just a fluke??? Notice the horn on the first knife. The coloring starts off yellowish at the butt end, flows into white, and then black. Kinda like the horn prop. I wonder if the animal that supplied the prop horn was related to the animal that supplied the horn for the knife?
You have the Lambsfoot fever a-burnin' , Ed.
Nice X 3 :thumbsup:
I'll try to get a group pic of some Lamb horn later today.
48548426991_6c1a448003_h.jpg

Thanks my friend, I had a very good evening too :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic pic Kevin, well done :) :thumbsup:

Good-looking grain in the wood there Jon :thumbsup:

They certainly do Ron, I love the colours you get with the polished blades :) :thumbsup:

Thanks mate :) I got quite a shock when I went in (past the bouncers they now have on the door for some reason), the pub hasn't just been refurbished, but it is now massively bigger. It was a bit like walking into the TARDIS as it still looks the same from outside, but they have built onto the rear, and also moved the toilets upstairs. I am still trying to get my head round it today. It was also filled with people, maybe they have been advertising the re-opening on social media or something. The beer was good though, and I had a great night with my pal. We were a few pints in, and he bumped into an ex colleague at the bar, who was with her two adult sons. I have met them all before, and they joined us. I mentioned that I had been to the cinema that afternoon, and got into a long and interesting conversation about movies with one of the 'boys'. After they family went home, and left me and my mate boozing, he told me that I was actually talking to a TV film critic :D Hope you're having a great weekend :thumbsup:

Edit - Thought I'd add a link to some photos of the pub. It has been looking run-down for a few years, but I thought they were just going to put in a new carpet and recover the seats! :eek:

external.jpg

Stunning photo Vince :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great pics Dave :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I've had such a good week that I'm not sure I've earned the weekend! :D Hope everyone has a good one though :) Carrying my Barlow again today :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

5VtVW5y.jpg
Pub looks good:thumbsup: I could see myself possying in there for a session.:confused: Have a good weekend, mate.:D

Thanks a lot fellers :) :thumbsup:

Been making blackberry crumble :)

lYYLhD5.jpg

One to share ;)

cQedWYI.jpg

And one just for me! :D :thumbsup:

1jo6SJ1.jpg

Just had it with custard! Mmmmm :) :) :) :D
:thumbsup:
Beautiful black berries and crumbles Jack! :thumbsup: They bring back some fond memories. Here in the south we have what we call cobblers. They can be made with any sort of filling from apples to rhubarb. Some of my favorite memories from my childhood were when we would pick wild black berries and my grandmothers would make cobblers. Here they were made with a simple crust that was essentially a pie crust, but of course it was put on top to brown nicely while it was being baked. It was probably because they always had flour and the simple ingredients that were required on hand in their kitchens. Yours look very tasty my friend. :D :thumbsup:

tH0Ye6u.jpg

OZMzOK6.jpg
yP0cnpc.jpg

Back