Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

My son saw your BBQ and went Ooooohhhhh!!!!
Oooooohhhhh, indeed!
Lucky boy! :D
There's some leftovers to eat during tonight's World Series game. Yay!
Cool name Rachel :) By one of life's many coincidences, during the late 1970's, myself and @scrteened porch lived a few streets from each other in a small part of North West London. We went to the same cafes, pubs, and fish and chip shops (hence my earlier post). The pub was called 'The Elgin'. I was travelling in Europe 20-odd years ago, and got talking to an older English guy in a hotel bar. His mother ran The Elgin, and his name was Cole ;)
Interesting. There's a town right outside Austin called Elgin, TX. I should take Koll there for some more BBQ. They sell a Texas version of a scotch egg: cheese stuffed jalapeno inside ground sausage, wrapped in bacon and slow smoked then grilled. That'll put a patina on yer arteries! ;):p

Some recent arrivals. I call the Ebony one in the middle "Black Widow"

grHzqrH.jpg

Looks like you have something similar to this vintage razor - do you have the set? Beautiful piece of hardware and a fine shaver to boot. I have the same problem with Feather blades. I use Astra SP blades and have had good luck with them.

1913%20ABC%20Pocket%20Edition%20501%20England.JPG

That's a nice one Bill :thumbsup: I have a few old razors, some with cases, but the open-comb I've been using lately was gifted to me as is :thumbsup:

Interesting. There's a town right outside Austin called Elgin, TX. I should take Koll there for some more BBQ. They sell a Texas version of a scotch egg: cheese stuffed jalapeno inside ground sausage, wrapped in bacon and slow smoked then grilled. That'll put a patina on yer arteries! ;):p

That sounds a whole load more exciting than a scotch egg (it's over 40 years since I last had one)! :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Some recent arrivals. I call the Ebony one in the middle "Black Widow"

grHzqrH.jpg

Terrific trio Ed :) That's a good name! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
Linus the Lambsfoot helped some with breakfast preparation:
yL69pIE.jpg

St5cGVr.jpg

Finished product:
FZZCzol.jpg

Migas a la Mexicana with bacon. Good way to start the day.

Great to see Linus helping out Vince :) That's a hearty breakfast :thumbsup:

She lays in wait in her web and strikes with no warning.:eek:

:D :thumbsup:

I am thoroughly enjoying your adventures with Linus, Vince.

Jack Black Jack Black - Really liked your sidebar on the rolling machine, Jack.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1220130

Me too Harvey, well done Vince :thumbsup: Thank you my friend, that's a very tempting image :) :thumbsup:

These organic Royal Gala apples are a little on the small size, but they're certainly tasty :)

Nud8C7K.jpg

Linus has to be tired after all that. Big day for him. Thanks for taking us to the King Saddle Shop. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John, but that was spread out over about three days. My lunch hour is not THAT long!
Magnificent post Vince :) Thank you for showing Linus and the rest of us around, fantastic pics, and great content - AWESOME even! :D Well done good sir :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack!
Is that cheddar? That would be AWESOME!
I am thoroughly enjoying your adventures with Linus, Vince.
Thanks, Harvey!
Great to see Linus helping out Vince :) That's a hearty breakfast :thumbsup:
Hearty breakfasts are the best kind!

My Mom is visiting us from London Ontario.
She spoiled me with homemade italian ravioli like only a mother could :)
w5noXsq.jpg

That looks good Dan, I love ravioli, and please tell your mom that London, Ontario looks WAY better than London, England! :) :thumbsup:

Hearty breakfasts are the best kind!

They sure are Vince, I had a good one today, but forgot to take pics! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I've been stuck in the house all day, doing chores, and hiding from the rain, but it's been OK :) :thumbsup:

y4tSQwG.jpg

Yes indeed, I always meant to spend more time in Canterbury, which I've only visited a couple of times, many years ago, but there are lots of small towns and villages. It was a real backwater 40 years ago, when I told folks I was from Sheffield, some had never heard of it, and others asked me if it was in Kent :D :thumbsup:

That's hilarious, but knowing southerners I reckon most of them today still wouldn't know where Sheffield is. :rolleyes::D
Or even Yorkshire in general....

That is amazing.
I guess it was 43 years ago I was there.
Not quite as early as this 1911 Britannica.
BLuF6gS.jpg

That's interesting Jer, thanks for posting that. Here's some pics from a couple of years ago.
Buttermarket.
Y9ajAYE.jpg

The Nave of Canterbury Cathedral.
kytUsMV.jpg

And the site of St' Thomas a Becket's Martyrdom in 1170.
m5j8j03.jpg

I do remember some inquires into the nature of the not entirely natural-looking meat on those spits.

In regards to kebabs "not entirely natural-looking meat" is probably being a bit generous... :D

I finally had time this morning to finish up Skoll.
I hit it with a few finer grades of sandpaper, finishing with 320 grit.
I then rubbed it down with some oil. I think it turned out fairly well and I like the slimmer feel.

And what other oil would I use on a fine English knife? ;)

What fantastic work! I'm torn between trying something similar with mine.

My HP got extra thick.
I'll get out an illuminated magnifier and look for the "refrigerate". I think HP is largely fruit anyway, so since when do I fear fermentation.
kdQ5uyZ.jpg

I went to hpsauce.co.uk and asked them. The bottle doesn't say anything about refrigerating, so I've taken it out of the fridge.

HP Sauce is loaded with vinegar and salt so I'm sure it lasts forever. I never kept mine in the fridge and I don't keep my current brown sauces in the fridge.:thumbsup:

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot

Here's Linus:
ta6tA0n.jpg

What a smashing post! Thanks for that; very interesting. :thumbsup:

Enjoyed some 18th century onion soup today.:)
tjZVvQQ.jpg

It didn't turn out quite as expected but it was damned nice all the same and certainly what was needed on a grim autumn Saturday. :thumbsup:

8q7nBhZ.jpg

That's hilarious, but knowing southerners I reckon most of them today still wouldn't know where Sheffield is. :rolleyes::D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :thumbsup:

That's interesting Jer, thanks for posting that. Here's some pics from a couple of years ago.
Buttermarket.
Y9ajAYE.jpg

kytUsMV.jpg

m5j8j03.jpg

Great pics David :cool: :thumbsup:

In regards to kebabs "not entirely natural-looking meat" is probably being a bit generous... :D

I reckon! :rolleyes: :D

HP Sauce is loaded with vinegar and salt so I'm sure it lasts forever. I never kept mine in the fridge and I don't keep my current brown sauces in the fridge.:thumbsup:

Me neither, nor ketchup :thumbsup:

tjZVvQQ.jpg

It didn't turn out quite as expected but it was damned nice all the same and certainly what was needed on a grim autumn Saturday. :thumbsup:

8q7nBhZ.jpg

It's definitely soup season! That looks good mate, think I'm going to definitely put soup on the menu for this week :) Hasn't it been a minging day?! o_O

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Great pics David :cool: :thumbsup:

I reckon! :rolleyes: :D

Me neither, nor ketchup :thumbsup:

It's definitely soup season! That looks good mate, think I'm going to definitely put soup on the menu for this week :) Hasn't it been a minging day?! o_O

It's been a minging autumn! I was cycling in my summer kit this time last year. This year; winter jumpers out. Winter quilts out, and the leaf fall must be 6 weeks early at least. Have you seen the high peaks in northern England? Brutal minus temps and snow.

Winter is Coming... :D

The soup is off a Youtube channel.

With all the recent discussion of bread I was going to use the breadmaker but when I looked at my flour I found it was infested with weevils... :(

Buttermarket.
Y9ajAYE.jpg

kytUsMV.jpg

m5j8j03.jpg

What fantastic work! I'm torn between trying something similar with mine.

What a smashing post! Thanks for that; very interesting. :thumbsup:

tjZVvQQ.jpg

8q7nBhZ.jpg
Fantastic post, David. :thumbsup:

Back