Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Sorry for missing these posts earlier folks :oops:

That is amazing.
I guess it was 43 years ago I was there.
Not quite as early as this 1911 Britannica.
BLuF6gS.jpg

I reckon we were probably getting our battered sausages from the same place on Ladbroke Grove too Jer (also the first place I ever had a kebab)! :D Cool pic :thumbsup:

I don't know why, but for some reason... When I ask myself what might be in Jack's shaving cup, the only answer that makes sense would be some Mitchell's :D

Li'l Lambsfoot in buffalo for Friday. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

jiVEch5.jpg

Good guess Mike, it should be really, but I'm a Taylors man :D Used their coconut today ;) Ace pic my friend :thumbsup:

cwSCIL0.jpg

I finally had time this morning to finish up Skoll.
I hit it with a few finer grades of sandpaper, finishing with 320 grit.
I then rubbed it down with some oil. I think it turned out fairly well and I like the slimmer feel.

And what other oil would I use on a fine English knife? ;)

That looks great. I'm tempted to try it with my new ebony, and to call him Koll (coal) ;)
NPOfeyO.jpg

Great viewing, lovely shots of outstanding knives everyone! The Thread never stops rollin'

Im getting braver and have my two babies in the edc - always scared of having such knives that I consider iconic treasures to be Patina'd and never come back- but then again they get better on the flip side- for someone like myself who collects and also carrys it can be at time a hard decision.
As silly as it sounds, its like a new car, once you get the first stone chip- you can almost relax a wee bit an start to enjoy it some more
So I am having these in my edc range but I think I will tend to them a wee bit more so than normal edc's...

iLVHEi0.jpg

Have a great day folks!

Great viewing, lovely shots of outstanding knives everyone! The Thread never stops rollin'

Im getting braver and have my two babies in the edc - always scared of having such knives that I consider iconic treasures to be Patina'd and never come back- but then again they get better on the flip side- for someone like myself who collects and also carrys it can be at time a hard decision.
As silly as it sounds, its like a new car, once you get the first stone chip- you can almost relax a wee bit an start to enjoy it some more
So I am having these in my edc range but I think I will tend to them a wee bit more so than normal edc's...

iLVHEi0.jpg

Have a great day folks!

A couple of lookers there Duncan. Some would say they're perfect like they are others would say they'd look better with patina but either way you go they're perfect for any collection.

My folks use to roll their own, they also had the little machine that would roll it up. :thumbsup:
My folks rolled their own too but it wasn't tobacco. :p:D

I thought it was very good tobacco Kevin, but it seems they no longer produce it :( I've never heard of electrician's scissors, very interesting :cool: Great pic too :thumbsup:
That is good to know, thanks Jack.
I have read that D&R's 3 Sails is very close to it. I tried to go on their website but they require a scan/ picture of my drivers license... I don't really feel comfortable with that. I will go down to the local tobacco store and see what they have.

48944598557_2c68445bf2_h.jpg

The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot

Here's Linus:
ta6tA0n.jpg

He's been with me about a week, and I have been taking him to work. I had to be in the office most of the week, but we did get out some at lunch time.

I showed him around Kingsville. Population is about 25,000 (Salute!, Hee-Haw fans). Here's the courthouse:
3ufqDkz.jpg

Built in 1913.
Kingsville is here because of the King Ranch, largest ranch in Texas. The headquarters is a couple of miles from the courthouse.
zrepvFp.jpg

That's the entrance. Nothing fancy.
Here's a historical marker about it:
d1H8y74.jpg

An exhibit in the Visitors Center:
Iqtacem.jpg

A sign right outside of the Visitors Center:
KkSbxpi.jpg

Well, there ARE plenty of rattlesnakes around here. Linus and I were very careful.
Z2FwRom.jpg

In the distance you can see the American and Texas flags, along with the King Ranch flag. If you look closely, there are a couple of cattle resting in the shade of the trees.

The King Ranch Saddle Shop is in downtown Kingsville.
oAiFIAH.jpg

I took Linus to look around. They sell knives, but unfortunately, there were no lambsfoots. They have some Case knives with the King Ranch Running W brand on them, and they sell expensive knives too. I think the name is William Henry, or something like that. Very expensive. Here are some pics of the store's interior:
hdi7jGr.jpg

Xb7a66Q.jpg

There's a university here, too, called Texas A&M--Kingsville currently. Didn't get pictures because it's hard to find parking, but I took Linus around there so at least he can say he's been to university.

There's a naval base here, since 1942. I believe about half of the Navy's and Marines' jet pilots are trained here.
L36x5kK.jpg

I didn't try to enter the base, but there's the entrance.
Here's a jet displayed at a local park:
p4KnzBF.jpg

I also tool Linus to Loyola Beach. There is a famous restaurant there that has great seafood
called King's Inn. Here it is on the map:
n7919m5.png

And here is a photo of it:
ikVB48k.jpg

There is a nice view:

Hq1XW7x.jpg

Linus wanted to rest here a while:
1lt6kgu.jpg

I took Linus to lunch today at Young's Pizza, a local establishment.
FspZdAq.jpg

Interesting interior:
nfxg8MT.jpg

I sat with my back to the wall, in case someone wanted to bushwhack me. I ordered a New Yorker:
d8emYkn.jpg

There's Linus. (Is it okay to eat a sandwich called the "New Yorker" with a Boston lager?)

Anyway, we've had a good week. And the Astros just won game 3, so we're happy.

This weekend, and next, I will be taking photos of my hometown: Corpus Christi; then I will send Linus on his way to Tennessee.

:cool::thumbsup:

That name's not already taken? Anyway, I think this knife is a boy.

His first taste of barbecue:
cjaQuef.jpg
My son saw your BBQ and went Ooooohhhhh!!!! :D

Here's Linus:
ta6tA0n.jpg

He's been with me about a week, and I have been taking him to work. I had to be in the office most of the week, but we did get out some at lunch time.

I showed him around Kingsville. Population is about 25,000 (Salute!, Hee-Haw fans). Here's the courthouse:
3ufqDkz.jpg

Built in 1913.
Kingsville is here because of the King Ranch, largest ranch in Texas. The headquarters is a couple of miles from the courthouse.
zrepvFp.jpg

That's the entrance. Nothing fancy.
Here's a historical marker about it:
d1H8y74.jpg

An exhibit in the Visitors Center:
Iqtacem.jpg

A sign right outside of the Visitors Center:
KkSbxpi.jpg

Well, there ARE plenty of rattlesnakes around here. Linus and I were very careful.
Z2FwRom.jpg

In the distance you can see the American and Texas flags, along with the King Ranch flag. If you look closely, there are a couple of cattle resting in the shade of the trees.

The King Ranch Saddle Shop is in downtown Kingsville.
oAiFIAH.jpg

I took Linus to look around. They sell knives, but unfortunately, there were no lambsfoots. They have some Case knives with the King Ranch Running W brand on them, and they sell expensive knives too. I think the name is William Henry, or something like that. Very expensive. Here are some pics of the store's interior:
hdi7jGr.jpg

Xb7a66Q.jpg

There's a university here, too, called Texas A&M--Kingsville currently. Didn't get pictures because it's hard to find parking, but I took Linus around there so at least he can say he's been to university.

There's a naval base here, since 1942. I believe about half of the Navy's and Marines' jet pilots are trained here.
L36x5kK.jpg

I didn't try to enter the base, but there's the entrance.
Here's a jet displayed at a local park:
p4KnzBF.jpg

I also tool Linus to Loyola Beach. There is a famous restaurant there that has great seafood
called King's Inn. Here it is on the map:
n7919m5.png

And here is a photo of it:
ikVB48k.jpg

There is a nice view:

Hq1XW7x.jpg

Linus wanted to rest here a while:
1lt6kgu.jpg

I took Linus to lunch today at Young's Pizza, a local establishment.
FspZdAq.jpg

Interesting interior:
nfxg8MT.jpg

I sat with my back to the wall, in case someone wanted to bushwhack me. I ordered a New Yorker:
d8emYkn.jpg

There's Linus. (Is it okay to eat a sandwich called the "New Yorker" with a Boston lager?)

This weekend, and next, I will be taking photos of my hometown: Corpus Christi; then I will send Linus on his way to Tennessee.
Linus has to be tired after all that. Big day for him. Thanks for taking us to the King Saddle Shop. :cool::thumbsup:

My folks use to roll their own, they also had the little machine that would roll it up. :thumbsup:

I remember my mother telling me that when she was a little girl, during WW2, when tobacco was heavily rationed here, and my granddad was away fighting, one of her jobs, while my grandmother was engaged in war production in one of the Sheffield factories (and doing a part-time window-cleaning round to make ends meet), was to roll cigarettes for her mother with one of those machines. They more or less disappeared here after rationing came to an end, but I saw one when I was about 12, bought it and started rolling my own. I quickly dispensed with the machine for the most part, but once a week, I would roll up about 20 to smoke on my newspaper round, as my hands got so filthy with the ink, I couldn't roll a decent cigarette otherwise. Here's a vintage machine I found a few years ago :thumbsup:

RZoquOc.jpg

That looks great. I'm tempted to try it with my new ebony, and to call him Koll (coal) ;)
NPOfeyO.jpg

Cool name Rachel :) By one of life's many coincidences, during the late 1970's, myself and @scrteened porch lived a few streets from each other in a small part of North West London. We went to the same cafes, pubs, and fish and chip shops (hence my earlier post). The pub was called 'The Elgin'. I was travelling in Europe 20-odd years ago, and got talking to an older English guy in a hotel bar. His mother ran The Elgin, and his name was Cole ;) :thumbsup:

iLVHEi0.jpg

Have a great day folks!

Great pic Duncan, hope you're doing well and have a good weekend with those two :thumbsup:

Heading to the Bay Area :mad: (boo) to visit my son :) (yay).
Skolls first experience with traffic and over-crowded cities. Hope he survives. :D

Not The Bay!!! :eek: Hope you and Skoll have a great visit with your son John :) :thumbsup:

My folks rolled their own too but it wasn't tobacco. :p:D

That is good to know, thanks Jack.
I have read that D&R's 3 Sails is very close to it. I tried to go on their website but they require a scan/ picture of my drivers license... I don't really feel comfortable with that. I will go down to the local tobacco store and see what they have.

48944598557_2c68445bf2_h.jpg

LOL! :D Yeah, I wouldn't scan in my driver's license either! :eek: I have had the same thing with UK knife sites o_O Cool pic my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

:cool::thumbsup:

That name's not already taken? Anyway, I think this knife is a boy.

His first taste of barbecue:
cjaQuef.jpg

Lucky boy! :D :thumbsup:

"Come on, Astros!" screams Linus the Lambsfoot.
p99rDJ1.jpg

:D :thumbsup:

View attachment 1219905 Sorry, I've been absent lately! Thought I'd share a couple of favorites! Good evening Guardians! Ben

Great to see you here Ben, and those two beauties :thumbsup:

Here's Linus:
ta6tA0n.jpg

Magnificent post Vince :) Thank you for showing Linus and the rest of us around, fantastic pics, and great content - AWESOME even! :D Well done good sir :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, it's been raining hard for the past 24 hours here, been a really wet month, so I'm not going anywhere today! :rolleyes: Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

Carrying my stag Hartshead Barlow today :thumbsup:

JEYdoH2.jpg

I am impressed with the shaves I'm getting with my open-comb razor, but it sure is heavy on blades. I use Feathers, and even after a couple of shaves, they are starting to drag o_O

v8ofnAV.jpg

My pal is picking me up shortly, and we're going out for more coffee, then collecting his kids up from skool :thumbsup:

Looks like you have something similar to this vintage razor - do you have the set? Beautiful piece of hardware and a fine shaver to boot. I have the same problem with Feather blades. I use Astra SP blades and have had good luck with them.

1913%20ABC%20Pocket%20Edition%20501%20England.JPG

Back