Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Stay safe out there.

Dan it's the bunnies that you need to watch out for. ;):D

I hope both of you are alright.

Thank you guys !!! :thumbsup:
We'll stay safe and be very careful. Ticks are becoming a real issue in eastern Ontario and every year they spread more. Our doctor friend told us that she has standing orders with her secretary for her patient's that work outdoors or hike etc. If you see or suspect a tick bite it's a one dose right away as lyme disease prevention.
I hate those darn little things.

I'll be on the lookout for the killer bunnies from now on :D:thumbsup: (I think I may have nightmares tonight :D)

Linus was upset about the Astros losing last night, but today is an off-day, and we're just chilling, reading Asimov and drinking Aussie Chardonnay. The Astros will get their mojo back and will clobber the Nats tomorrow.
PmC9x3L.jpg

Linus was upset about the Astros losing last night, but today is an off-day, and we're just chilling, reading Asimov and drinking Aussie Chardonnay. The Astros will get their mojo back and will clobber the Nats tomorrow.
PmC9x3L.jpg
How is the chardonnay? Even looks nice and crisp?

Oh right, I forgot about the signature line. :cool::thumbsup:

I had a fun day opening packages! After @5K Qs passed on the "page 1500 lambsfoot giveaway" prize, and Jack must have been confused and sent 1500 lamb related gifts. (and a few other things I can't show in this thread)
5edTkKA.jpg

A black ebony SFO "big-un"
NPOfeyO.jpg

Here, with the rest of the flock:
AdHAt6w.jpg

Thank you, Jack! And thank you, GT!
Congratulations on your wonderful package r8shell! :thumbsup::cool: Jack and Gary are both fine Guardians! That Ebony Bigun is quite a prize indeed! I have to be truthful and say I am just a little jealous! ;)

Yes it is glass, and you're right, it's a product of Holland. I'd had the idea they were owned in Holland but made in England.
I haven't tasted it since 1976, so I don't know that I'll be able to tell a difference. I used to eat it mostly on doner kebabs, which I probably haven't had since 1976 either.
F5ChDed.jpg

It's good on hot dogs.

Aye smothering it in HP Sauce is the one of the few things that could get me to eat a doner kebab :D I'm talking about the takeaway kebabs over in the UK. :eek: What a mate of mine calls 'roadkill'.

donn donn - What a beautiful Cathedral. Great images, David.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1219106

Thanks. That's a great picture. I wish I could capture colours like that. :thumbsup:

Off to work in a minute so no knife for me today but I thought I'd post a pic anyway.
IxJHpmd.jpg

GKEaC69.jpg

Have a great Friday everyone! :thumbsup:

Blimey, it's been busy in here! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
L81InqK.jpg

Linus is looking good Vince :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :thumbsup::) Seeing Jacks Ashley’s Choice made me realize how much I miss mine! :thumbsup::)

33472972508_516708bfa3_b_d.jpg

I always enjoy carrying mine Vince :) Yours is a looker my friend :thumbsup:

Today finds me with yet another one of Jack's remarkable SFOs, again in Stag.

0851h4Q.jpg

Nice to see your Hartshead Barlow Dylan, hope you're doing OK buddy :thumbsup:

I found this in my ancient familiar grocery store while looking for something else.
dudONdh.jpg

Nice find Jer :thumbsup:

Shovel art eh? I've got to say that's a new one on me o_O

This wasn't the clip I was looking for, but there's some shovel art included ;) :thumbsup:

And why the blazes would you want to? It's pretty wild country outside of God's Own ya know... :eek::D

Very true! :D I regularly hear people say, in all seriousness, that there's no need to ever go anywhere else :D :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Aye Kent seems a nice county; not as populated as you'd think given it's proximity to London. I don't know it particularly well but try to visit once a year as I've a friend down there. :thumbsup:
Those Wiss shears look immaculate. :thumbsup:

Yes indeed, I always meant to spend more time in Canterbury, which I've only visited a couple of times, many years ago, but there are lots of small towns and villages. It was a real backwater 40 years ago, when I told folks I was from Sheffield, some had never heard of it, and others asked me if it was in Kent :D :thumbsup:

Is that a glass bottle as well?! Blimey, there as rare as hen's teeth! I gave up HP Sauce when they switched production to the Netherlands out of the UK. :rolleyes:

I didn't know that! :eek: I haven't bought a bottle in years though :rolleyes:

I will have to see if I can get a hold of some of that 3 Castles.
Smashing pic of your Ashley that you posted today.

Excellent pair of '19s, Mark.
I have some of those Clauss electrician scissors, built like a tank. I read that they were through hardened so they could take the hard use they might get in the field.
48953316113_f78da95906_h.jpg

Have a good Thursday, Guardians!

I thought it was very good tobacco Kevin, but it seems they no longer produce it :( I've never heard of electrician's scissors, very interesting :cool: Great pic too :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - very nice images, Jack.

Good Morning Guardians.
View attachment 1219106

Thank you Harvey, beautiful photo of your TEW :thumbsup:

That's a great looking slingshot! Love the green tubes, Jack :D

Still the rosewood L'il Lambsfoot. Can't say enough how much I like this little guy! Sorry for the recycled photo, but wanted to have some knife content in my post ;)

6UP89Ct.jpg

Thanks pal, only colour I could find :D You've really taken to that little 'un Mike, nice pic :) :thumbsup:

WOW !!!! I've had an exciting and rewarding day. FIRST - I got up at 5:30 AM so I could post my Good Morning Guardians picture; SECOND - it was off to the local hospital for a CAT Scan of my head, mouth, jaw, and I can't remember the rest. The CAT Scan Center doesn't have suckers :( I'll have to have a talk with them about that. THIRD - It was off to the Dentist for a fang cleaning!! Now, this trip turned out to be rewarding because although the Dentist didn't have suckers, they gave me the magazine "Ranger Rick" Just up my alley and I know r8shell r8shell would like it because it has a "Special Camping Section". It also had an informative tid-bit "The Scoop on Wombat Poop".

eP8yqyK.jpg

447gZzt.jpg

Imagine that!!! Cube shaped poop.:eek::rolleyes:

Have a nice rest of the day everyone.

Exciting day Ed! :D Hope you're doing OK buddy :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

I had a fun day opening packages! After @5K Qs passed on the "page 1500 lambsfoot giveaway" prize, and Jack must have been confused and sent 1500 lamb related gifts. (and a few other things I can't show in this thread)
5edTkKA.jpg

A black ebony SFO "big-un"
NPOfeyO.jpg

Here, with the rest of the flock:
AdHAt6w.jpg

Thank you, Jack! And thank you, GT!

I'm glad it finally arrived Rachel :) Well done to @5K Qs for his generosity in passing on the giveaway prize :thumbsup:

When I was a kid, Black Jacks were sold individually at 4 for a penny :)

Nice to see your assembled flock :) :thumbsup:

A gorgeous day here today, and I got out for a bit.
W6we268.jpg

Hope you had a good hike my friend, that's a nice pic :) I love sunny Fall days (though we haven't had many here - well none I can remember - this year) :thumbsup:

Hello Guardians ! :)

Well, it seems Mother Nature is not pleased :mad: with us this week .

Last Friday a tick was found feasting on my wife’s blood. A good friend of us and family doctor right away prescribed an antibiotic as lyme disease is becoming a real problem in this area.

And then last Monday, during our walk, I felt a sharp sting suddenly on my neck. My wife checked and a spider had just bit me :eek:

I hope I don’t get chewed up by rabid chipmunks next :confused:

Nasty! :eek: Stay safe Dan, hope your wife is OK :thumbsup: Ticks are a growing problem here now o_O

Hope the monkey found his way home, but he does look content packing the Lamb!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Cool photo, Jack!;):thumbsup:

Your zombie Killing Kit!:D:thumbsup: Looks great, Jack!

Aaaaand, a shot from the archives...
View attachment 1219394

Thanks Dennis, Monkey has gone off the wall, so I just hope he found his way back to the right home ;)

LOL! Thanks again my friend :D :thumbsup:

That's a great pic, hope you're doing OK Dennis :) :thumbsup:

I'll be on the lookout for the killer bunnies from now on :D:thumbsup: (I think I may have nightmares tonight :D)

Hope you don't come across any killer sheep Dan! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

PmC9x3L.jpg

Sounds very civilized Vince :) I was Down Under myself last night - Chardonnay, Cabernet, then Shiraz - it's a wonder I wasn't down under the table! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Off to work in a minute so no knife for me today but I thought I'd post a pic anyway.
IxJHpmd.jpg

GKEaC69.jpg

Have a great Friday everyone! :thumbsup:

Great pics David, hope your day goes OK, and that work is relatively pain-free :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, it's taken me a while to catch up today :) Hope everyone has a good Friday, with a great weekend ahead :) Carrying my stag Hartshead Barlow SFO today, shown here with the Leeds Bread Co-op Sourdough I sliced for my morning toast ;) :thumbsup:

quENE3f.jpg

Aye smothering it in HP Sauce is the one of the few things that could get me to eat a doner kebab :D I'm talking about the takeaway kebabs over in the UK. :eek: What a mate of mine calls 'roadkill'.
I do remember some inquires into the nature of the not entirely natural-looking meat on those spits.
Sausages fried in batter was another of my extremely wholesome favorites.
WNDt9ot.jpg

Congratulations on your wonderful package r8shell! :thumbsup::cool: Jack and Gary are both fine Guardians! That Ebony Bigun is quite a prize indeed! I have to be truthful and say I am just a little jealous! ;)
:oops: It is an embarrassment of riches. :oops:
I'm glad it finally arrived Rachel :) Well done to @5K Qs for his generosity in passing on the giveaway prize :thumbsup:

When I was a kid, Black Jacks were sold individually at 4 for a penny :)

Nice to see your assembled flock :) :thumbsup:
I feel I owe @5K Qs something nice for Xmas. :thumbsup:
This starling took quite an interest in my mate's tools yesterday :D :thumbsup:

dcHK01m.jpg

AkPy0sS.jpg

2nS0ya9.jpg

ungDPaJ.jpg
That bird looks like a tough customer. :eek:

ebony in rosemary:
Hlys0j4.jpg

Thank you very much, Jack!:):thumbsup:

Thanks, I really do appreciate it, Dave!:cool::thumbsup:

Working on it, my friend!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It aught to be nice when finished!! Is that a genuine JohnDF saddle back there?:eek::D:thumbsup:

Your 'Black Jack' by Jack Black is looking extraordinary, Gary!!

Thank you so very much for popping in and the best wishes, Dwight! I do appreciate it, my friend! Hope to see more of you in these woods!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That is awsome, Dan, Congratulations to her and your whole family!! Her success reflects greatly on her upbringing!
"Music is the food of the soul, country, jazz, or rock and roll ", Hoyt Axton. And of course Classical!

Looks good to me, John! I like a smooth, thin single blade!;):thumbsup:

My most sincere condolences on the loss of Saxon, it's always hard to lose your running buddy!

That is some great looking tools, Mark!!:eek: :thumbsup:

Wow! You got gold there! Each Lambsfoot is a treasure! Nice shot, Mark!

That is outstanding, good for you for the meals on wheels, Bill! And a grand lamb for the assist!:cool::thumbsup:

RALF looks magical, Jeff!!:D:thumbsup:

Hope the monkey found his way home, but he does look content packing the Lamb!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Cool photo, Jack!;):thumbsup:

Dandy Ebony, Ed! :cool::thumbsup:

Your zombie Killing Kit!:D:thumbsup: Looks great, Jack!

Good thing it wasn't an emergency!:eek: Ain't nobody got time for that!:D

Another Fantastic Foto of a Fantastic knife, Harvey!

:p:thumbsup:
Perfect, Kevin!:thumbsup:

My folks use to roll their own, they also had the little machine that would roll it up. :thumbsup:

Fantastic pairing, Dylan!!:):thumbsup:

Sorry folks, I inadvertently hit the Post button before finishing the comments. :confused:

Aaaaand, a shot from the archives...
View attachment 1219394
Thanks for your kind remarks Dennis. Being lucky enough to be retired gives me the time to give back to those who are in need.

Sounds very civilized Vince :) I was Down Under myself last night - Chardonnay, Cabernet, then Shiraz - it's a wonder I wasn't down under the table! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Great pics David, hope your day goes OK, and that work is relatively pain-free :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, it's taken me a while to catch up today :) Hope everyone has a good Friday, with a great weekend ahead :) Carrying my stag Hartshead Barlow SFO today, shown here with the Leeds Bread Co-op Sourdough I sliced for my morning toast ;) :thumbsup:

quENE3f.jpg
That bread looks yummy. Toasted and with some melted Brie cheese on it and coupled with some sliced pears then washed down with a nice wine....would make a fine after dinner snack for me.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

That bird looks like a tough customer. :eek:

ebony in rosemary:
Hlys0j4.jpg

Yeah, city starlings are tough birds! :D Nice to see your new Big 'Un :) :thumbsup:

That bread looks yummy. Toasted and with some melted Brie cheese on it and coupled with some sliced pears then washed down with a nice wine....would make a fine after dinner snack for me.

I just had cheese on toast with my lunchtime coffee :thumbsup:

sPrQCg9.jpg

I am impressed with the shaves I'm getting with my open-comb razor, but it sure is heavy on blades. I use Feathers, and even after a couple of shaves, they are starting to drag o_O

v8ofnAV.jpg

My pal is picking me up shortly, and we're going out for more coffee, then collecting his kids up from skool :thumbsup:

Back