Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks, Jack. Not to worry though, I'm sure I'll have a delightful nap later this afternoon. ;):D:cool::thumbsup:

Sounds good to me John :) :thumbsup:

I've got my evening's entertainment mapped out...

lD1OMmc.jpg

From the days when men were men, women were women, and cussin' was a competitive sport! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Just dropped in to say "Happy Blue Monday" Guardians!
Two Sheffield made items getting acquainted in Syracuse, NY. The Tankard was a Groomsman's gift from a buddy's wedding, back when I was young. :eek:
The Barlow a gift from our own Jack Black Jack Black , when I am old. :cool:
xtxZ5Bi.jpg

XrHLhn6.jpg

Here's a clever shot of the Barlow through the bottom of the Pewter Tankard.;)
BQrPbz3.jpg

Two Sheffield made items getting acquainted in Syracuse, NY. The Tankard was a Groomsman's gift from a buddy's wedding, back when I was young. :eek:
xtxZ5Bi.jpg

XrHLhn6.jpg

BQrPbz3.jpg

Great to see you here Gary, that's a smashing old tankard, (even if 1982 doesn't seem that long ago), and those are fantastic photos :) Well done my friend, and thank you :thumbsup: Our neighbours were called Eales when I was a kid, only other time I recall hearing the name :)

The lambsfoot is RAD, no doubt about it.

49415607807_912033fbb3_b.jpg

49415419141_0df5d4cdc8_w.jpg

You know it! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Despite the cold, the Sunny blue sky looks great with your Hartshead in the foreground. Great portrait of Stan.

@JohnDF - Thank you John. Hope the patties and the Lamb were soothing,

@donn Very nice Oris, David, Nice Image, too. Love that coined bezel.

@Modoc ED - That’s a cool whistle, Ed.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1269101

Thanks buddy, you have to sneak up on Stan to get a pic where he's not smiling :) Beautiful photo Harvey :)

I thought a bottle of Stingo would be a good accompaniment to my gun-slinging great :) It was either that or whisky, and I suspect I might have drunk a lot of whisky! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

lH4glYV.jpg

I just mentioned that mural in the Beverages and Blades thread earlier today, Jack; I didn't realize you'd posted a photo of it in this thread yesterday! :D I'm guessing that's an old photo, or have they fixed the vandalism? :(

xtxZ5Bi.jpg

XrHLhn6.jpg

BQrPbz3.jpg

I love the simplicity of that tankard, Gary, and I've always thought the ones with glass bottoms were very cool! :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Gary, that's a smashing old tankard, (even if 1982 doesn't seem that long ago), and those are fantastic photos :) Well done my friend, and thank you :thumbsup: Our neighbours were called Eales when I was a kid, only other time I recall hearing the name :)

I love the simplicity of that tankard, Gary, and I've always thought the ones with glass bottoms were very cool! :thumbsup:
Thanks, guys! I always liked the glass bottom tankards. If you sat in a corner of the pub and kept your eye on the room, through the glass bottom, chances are no one was going to sneak up on you!
Jack, It just dawned on me that the pine tree in that first picture is a Norfolk Pine! :thumbsup: I didn't plan it, honest!

Jack Black Jack Black - Cheers, friend!

Cheers Harvey :) :thumbsup:

I just mentioned that mural in the Beverages and Blades thread earlier today, Jack; I didn't realize you'd posted a photo of it in this thread yesterday! :D I'm guessing that's an old photo, or have they fixed the vandalism? :(

Wow, that's a coincidence Barrett! :cool: It is an old photo, I took it on the day I got that Lambsfoot from Stan. When he rang me up to tell me that he had made it, he said, "It's in stainless. I know you wanted one in carbon, but I thought you could have this one for best." :rolleyes: Sadly, the mural got defaced with graffitti, and then replaced Barrett :( :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys! I always liked the glass bottom tankards. If you sat in a corner of the pub and kept your eye on the room, through the glass bottom, chances are no one was going to sneak up on you!
Jack, It just dawned on me that the pine tree in that first picture is a Norfolk Pine! :thumbsup: I didn't plan it, honest!

And you can keep an eye out for the King's Shilling being slipped in your ale ;) Blimey Gary, it's getting spooky! :eek: :D :cool: :thumbsup:

I thought I should post a few pics of my grandfather's tankard :thumbsup:

Here it is after being on top of my kitchen cupboard for about a year - filthy! o_O

kaFAbwS.jpg

Cleaning silver is an even dirtier job than cleaning old brass :eek:

pRCbKaj.jpg

After 20 minutes of elbow grease and silver polish, it's looking half-clean :rolleyes:

xr5KSlh.jpg

One of the very first Lambsfoot pics I ever posted on The Porch included my granddad's tankard bottom :thumbsup:

9LuR4pa.jpg

Showing the hanged man - The Last Drop! :eek:

RHma4WE.jpg

Give it a week or so, and it'll be just as filthy as it was before o_O

I often have to work on Sundays Willie, not usually that unexpectedly, but I think I have it a lot easier than most all in all. Thank you my friend, hope you get a chance to put your feet up
Thanks Jack, I got a nice nap in. Working Sundays stinks but unfortunately as we all come to find out sometimes it can't be helped.
Sounds good to me John :) :thumbsup:

I've got my evening's entertainment mapped out...

lD1OMmc.jpg

From the days when men were men, women were women, and cussin' was a competitive sport! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:
That looks like a good time. Nothing like watching a good Western flick and spending time with a knife as handsome as your hhb.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Despite the cold, the Sunny blue sky looks great with your Hartshead in the foreground. Great portrait of Stan.

@JohnDF - Thank you John. Hope the patties and the Lamb were soothing,

@donn Very nice Oris, David, Nice Image, too. Love that coined bezel.

@Modoc ED - That’s a cool whistle, Ed.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1269101

That knife is an absolute stunner sir!

Wow, that's a coincidence Barrett! :cool: It is an old photo, I took it on the day I got that Lambsfoot from Stan. When he rang me up to tell me that he had made it, he said, "It's in stainless. I know you wanted one in carbon, but I thought you could have this one for best." :rolleyes: Sadly, the mural got defaced with graffitti, and then replaced Barrett :( :thumbsup:

That’s a shame, Jack. I remember it had been splattered with red and white paint when I visited.

I thought I should post a few pics of my grandfather's tankard :thumbsup:

Here it is after being on top of my kitchen cupboard for about a year - filthy! o_O

kaFAbwS.jpg

Cleaning silver is an even dirtier job than cleaning old brass :eek:

pRCbKaj.jpg

After 20 minutes of elbow grease and silver polish, it's looking half-clean :rolleyes:

xr5KSlh.jpg

One of the very first Lambsfoot pics I ever posted on The Porch included my granddad's tankard bottom :thumbsup:

9LuR4pa.jpg

Showing the hanged man - The Last Drop! :eek:

RHma4WE.jpg

Give it a week or so, and it'll be just as filthy as it was before o_O
Your grandad would be happy to see his tankard all polished up, Jack!
I hope mine ends up on the top of one of my grandkid's refrigerator some day.

Thank you very much Dylan, fabulous Sunday choice my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! Nice the see your Harsthead getting some sunshine.

Classy looking photo. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, John! Good to see Sköll out and about today.

My AC hasn't gotten a whole lot of carry recently so I am trying to remedy that a bit.

5oz68t0.jpg

Thanks Jack, I got a nice nap in. Working Sundays stinks but unfortunately as we all come to find out sometimes it can't be helped.

That looks like a good time. Nothing like watching a good Western flick and spending time with a knife as handsome as your hhb.

True enough Willie, I'm glad you were able to get a nap :) Thanks my friend, I had a good evening, been looking forward to watching that one :) :thumbsup:

That’s a shame, Jack. I remember it had been splattered with red and white paint when I visited.

Yes, it's a real shame Barrett :( It was nice to see Harry Brearley commemorated like that, he was a really interesting character, coming from extremely humble beginnings to produce such an important invention. The Sheffield cutlery barons tried to steal his invention, and keep him in 'his place', and now he is back in obscurity in the city, thanks to some idiot with a couple of pots of paint :mad: The mural was commissioned for the 2013 anniversary of Harry's invention, but has now been replaced by some anodyne painting of flowers, and rainbows, and blue skies, and stuff :rolleyes:

Your grandad would be happy to see his tankard all polished up, Jack!
I hope mine ends up on the top of one of my grandkid's refrigerator some day.

I'm not sure how he felt about my grandma getting it plated Gary, slightly irritated from what I remember. He was never much of a drinker, and by that point his tankard was nothing more than an ornament though. I think my grandmother might have thought she was adding value to the countless items she had plated :rolleyes: Yours is much more practical my friend, and I hope it has a long history ahead of it :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! Nice the see your Harsthead getting some sunshine.

Thank you, John! Good to see Sköll out and about today.

My AC hasn't gotten a whole lot of carry recently so I am trying to remedy that a bit.

5oz68t0.jpg

Thanks pal, nice pic there :) :thumbsup:

Maybe apply some kind of (food safe) wax?

Perhaps seal it it in Carbonite

I'm not sure how safe the EPNS coating itself is, it's mainly brass :eek: I have drunk out of that tankard, but I was a lot younger, and even dafter then :D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I hope everyone's week has got off to a reasonable start, and that it continues in that way today :) For the moment, I've given up fighting the allure of my pocket-hogging Hartshead Barlow :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

jgBaaaq.jpg

Back