Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Well guys and gals, I'm making this my last post for the next three to four weeks. We're off to Portland, Oregon and OHSU (Oregon Health and Science University) Ivory Tower Hospital for cancer removal from my mouth and removal of my left jaw bone. They say they are going to take a piece of my fibula from my leg and put it where the removed jaw bone was. Ain't life grand:rolleyes::). I kinda need something humorous for a pick-me-up so my last glorious "Lambfoot" picture will be a two-blade Lamnbfoot with Rosewood covers along with my favorite "Wombat Poop" article along with a cute picture of a wombat and his poop. Makes me smile:):):) I hope the majority of these little guys survive the fires in Australia. GO WOMBATS!!!!
3Lk6H3V.jpg
Really hate you're going through it, Ed! Our family's thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
Glad to see a bit of levity mixed in!:cool::thumbsup:
Great to see you here this morning, Dennis. :)
Good to be seen, John!!:D:thumbsup:
BTW...No one I know would ever tire of seeing a Hartshead Barlow. Always a pleasure to see your SFO. Hope good things are going your way.
Thank you much, Harvey!:):thumbsup:
Hope all is well in your neighborhood!
Thanks for the compliments, Dennis! Watch out for those alien robots and keep your Lambsfoot close at hand!
:p
They're also after my meds!!:eek::D:thumbsup:
:D

Hey there Ed, so sorry to hear about your health issues. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I too had cancer surgery...last month. 2 days ago I had an injection port put into my arm (easy peasy but it is sore for now). Infusions start next week (I'm having immunotherapy treatment (will go on for a year). The main thing I have found is for me to have a good attitude.Hope the same for you too. I wish for you only the very best prognosis (and for the Wombats:D:D:D).
Here's to a speedy recovery, Bill!! You and Ed both have a great attitude to be admired!:thumbsup:
Morning Guardians, hope everyone had an excellent weekend, and that your week gets off to a grand start :) :thumbsup:

YWqsXM2.jpg
A Grand start with a Grand Lambsfoot, Jack!
Fine looking "Pistachio " Lamb, José!:D:thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
A sweet duet, John!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning, Guardians!
cTn7tEC.jpg
Who needs a 4-leaf clover with a Lambsfoot like that!:cool::thumbsup:
Sorry you weren't able to watch it Vince (me neither) :( :thumbsup:

5aAYAkU.jpg
Hey, that photo of kNife and Necco's are Neeto!:confused::D:thumbsup:
Hello Guardians. Today I’m carrying a small Sambar Lambsfoot. :)

49483922351_2a18b999a5_o_d.jpg
Wonderful stag, Ron!!:):thumbsup:
Good Afternoon Guardians.
ee63a653-ba5d-4cf2-9f22-5744e9e40b19-jpeg.1277144
Love that one, Harvey! Great photo!:):thumbsup:
Hope you Monday was a good one without any Superbowl "hangover"

Here's what I carried today!!!
View attachment 1277328
My beautiful ironwood is really starting to darken up...:(
But still an eye full, Taylor!:cool::thumbsup:

Going along with Jack's tool kit post, a little pouch I keep handy, especially for electronics.
u6NtydI.jpg

Hope you Monday was a good one without any Superbowl "hangover"

View attachment 1277328

Looking better than ever Taylor :) :thumbsup:

A Grand start with a Grand Lambsfoot, Jack!

Hey, that photo of kNife and Necco's are Neeto!:confused::D:thumbsup:

Going along with Jack's tool kit post, a little pouch I keep handy, especially for electronics.
u6NtydI.jpg

Thanks a lot Dennis, hope you're doing OK buddy :) That's a cool pic my friend, very interesting :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, got quite a bit on today, but I just wanted to check in :) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

gQiYYhX.jpg

Auspicious photo of your stag HHB, David! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

1-XL Lamb and a fine 10 cent cigar.
View attachment 1274873
Your I*XL lambsfoot is smoking hot, Harvey! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

When it comes to the Lambsfoot, I’m afraid we may never see another year like 2019 Gary!
Sad but true, Ron. :( Lots of good memories though! :thumbsup:;) For example, the preeminent pair in John's post that follows. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Good Morning Guardians

But Gary, a large green olive--or three--just completes a martini (gin, not vodka)! I used to stand at the refrigerator eating one green olive after another when I was a child.
Good point, Vince, although I'm much more likely to have a Marttini knife (no lambsfoot, though) than a martini drink. :rolleyes:

5K Qs 5K Qs - I thank you, GT. Your Black Jack is so nice that even the fly had to check it out.:)
Thanks, Harvey. :)

I always enjoy our exchanges my friend :) :thumbsup:

I'm afraid I haven't read that Gary, but I'm grateful for the compliment :)

You're a fly guy GT! :D :) :thumbsup:
You always have interesting contributions, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
My understanding is that a "fly guy" is different from a "flyboy"; is that correct?? :rolleyes:;)

Such striking stripes on your 2019 Guardians ironwood, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks guys, for someone that does as little around the house as I do these days I could probably get by with a handful of tools. Instead, I have five or six tool-chests :rolleyes: For maybe 80% of the jobs I do, I find that this wee kit, plus a hammer, is all I need. I keep it in the kitchen drawer, and go there first when a job needs doing, before getting my tool boxes out. It's also something I grab when helping people out, just in case they don't have any tools. I'm afraid the pics aren't very good as the winter sun is currently streaming through my windows, but if you click on the pics they'll expand. The red-handled object is a gimlet, and the one on the far right of the first pic is an inspection flashlight/emergency flasher. Got an automatic centre-punch I mean to add, together with a note-book :thumbsup:

34v3Xsz.jpg

Iy3GyZc.jpg
That's an excellent toolkit, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: The pouch with all the loops looks perfect for organizing tools!

Your space shuttle lambsfoot fits perfectly into that SF cover illustration! ;):cool::cool:

Well guys and gals, I'm making this my last post for the next three to four weeks. We're off to Portland, Oregon and OHSU (Oregon Health and Science University) Ivory Tower Hospital for cancer removal from my mouth and removal of my left jaw bone. They say they are going to take a piece of my fibula from my leg and put it where the removed jaw bone was. Ain't life grand:rolleyes::). I kinda need something humorous for a pick-me-up so my last glorious "Lambfoot" picture will be a two-blade Lamnbfoot with Rosewood covers along with my favorite "Wombat Poop" article along with a cute picture of a wombat and his poop. Makes me smile:):):) I hope the majority of these little guys survive the fires in Australia. GO WOMBATS!!!!
3Lk6H3V.jpg
I'll keep you in my prayers, ED. I look forward to seeing you back here, hale and hearty, in a few weeks. I've heard of a person putting his foot in his mouth, but you're the first I remember who plans to put part of his leg in his mouth! :D Best wishes! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Hey there Ed, so sorry to hear about your health issues. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I too had cancer surgery...last month. 2 days ago I had an injection port put into my arm (easy peasy but it is sore for now). Infusions start next week (I'm having immunotherapy treatment (will go on for a year). The main thing I have found is for me to have a good attitude.Hope the same for you too. I wish for you only the very best prognosis (and for the Wombats:D:D:D).
I'll also be praying for you as you continue your treatment, Bill. What you say about attitude certainly makes sense. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good evening, Guardians! I have an honored guest in the house tonight: cousin Linus (on the left) has swaggered in to visit my ebony lamb! They seem to be hitting it off quite well. Linus has something of a debonair, but slightly rough around the edges and worldly air about him. Quite charming, actually!
I will be turning in for the night shortly for an early work day tomorrow, but I will let the boys visit as long as they would like.
We will keep you posted with Linus' adventures as soon as we can!
BenView attachment 1275752
Thanks for your hospitality to Linus, and I eagerly anticipate the adventures you'll have with him! ;):cool::cool:

Sorry, a recycled photo this morning.
Fbvv6TS.jpg
Dynamite photo of your stag HHB with that dandy old drill, Dennis! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Took my kids to the skate trough the forest place yesterday.
I wanted to do a 5 km skate and check my progress stats :)
My kids took off fast and lost me in the first 3 min :D
My stats:
Distance: 5 km
Time: 25 min
Average speed: 12 km/hr

Not to too bad for their old man :D ( specially considering he is a short and stout, middle age man from south america who had never experienced ice and snow until his 20's LOL :D )
oh ... and I had a pretty nice wipe out at a fork in the trail ... in front of a couple that was standing there :D
Sounds like you're lightning on blades, Dan!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I did a quick computation, and your 12k/hr is twice my 6km/hr walking speed! :eek::D I think saving your acrobatics until you have an audience is a good way to build your legend! :p

My Jack Black Ashley’s Choice SFO today! :)

44771684972_3e2f5a6800_o_d.jpg
Primo pile side on your AC, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I don't think I've seen that side very often.

- GT

Evening Guardians, I've had a pretty exhausting day. It was all going well until we came across this, which meant a lot of running around trying to escape asbestos-laden smoke, and just trying to get back home. Full report tomorrow. Have a good weekend folks :thumbsup:

_110736161_mediaitem110736159.jpg

Thanks for sharing that adventure with us, Jack; quite an unusual day! :eek::thumbsup::cool:

Have a great weekend Guardians!
jVGYKEJ.jpg
Dave, your stout looks delicious, and your stagHHB looks stout! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Afternoon Guardians
My wife and I are on a little get-away in Northern California. We are spending a couple of days in the California foothills, visiting the gold rush towns of Angels Camp and Murphys. These towns are "historic" by California standards, which is pretty young by English standards. But they are full of Gold Rush and Old West history, as well as many tributes to Mark Twain who got his start here. He was writing stories while hiding from the law in a cabin in these hills. Oh ya, the weather is in the 70s and Sunny, an absolutely beautiful day. :cool::thumbsup:
Very interesting photo report of your trip, John; thanks! :cool:;):cool:

It crossed my mind to tote something a little fancier today, but I forgot! :D :thumbsup:

I8uOXiQ.jpg
What could be fancier than an acclaimed 2019 Knife of the Year, Jack?? ;):thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Gary! Yes, those white threads are the remnants of last Halloween's spider webs that get stretched across the shrubbery.:rolleyes: I didn't even notice them until seeing them in the photo.
Union Jack is handsome as ever!;) Nice pics there, my friend.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment on my Ebony, Gary. :thumbsup: I've always admired your Ebony "Black Jack" and that's another fine photo!:cool:
Coriander/ Cilantro is an interesting herb with quite a history, it seems. I have seen it called those other names as well, but never heard of the Indian word for it. I've read that there may be a genetic predisposition for some folks to find the taste off putting.
2019 Ironwood sfo helping with some vehicle maintenance.
LBPnENv.jpg

I appreciate your insightful comments and supportive compliments, Mark. :) Your ironwood is looking splendid! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning Guardians! My first cup of morning coffee and my Lambsfoot for the day. I hope y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

49477557827_0a5d2dbdbc_o_d.jpg
That jigged bone WCLF is certainly a knife to crow about, Ron! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

My HHB is similar also.
AB2iS0X.jpg
It just looks better and better as time goes by:
IqXhxOe.jpg
Mark & Rachel, the orange tints in your stag handles seem highly desirable to me!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Heck of a horn handle on your lambsfoot, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning, Guardians!
cTn7tEC.jpg
Cool photo of your rosewood lambsfoot, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Any 4-leaf clovers in there? ;)

Exquisite 2018 ebony, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1277328
Good Eye, Taylor! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Cracker Jack for me this week:
cj.pile.Vopen.gardenpost.jpg

- GT

Sad but true, Ron. :( Lots of good memories though! :thumbsup:;) For example, the preeminent pair in John's post that follows. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Primo pile side on your AC, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I don't think I've seen that side very often.
Gary 2019 was definitely a landmark year for all of us Lambsfoot lovers! :thumbsup: I normally show the mark side of my Ashley’s Choice simply because that’s the way I photograph my knives. The pile side is beautiful in its own way. ;)

That jigged bone WCLF is certainly a knife to crow about, Ron! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

cj-pile-vopen-gardenpost-jpg.1277558
Thank you Gary! Cracker Jack is looking great my friend! :thumbsup: :)

A sweet duet, John!:cool::thumbsup:
Thank you, Dennis. :)

u6NtydI.jpg
Nice picture of your Horn Lamb and tools.
Now I know who to call to work on my electronics, something I've never messed with. :)

Morning Guardians, got quite a bit on today, but I just wanted to check in :) Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

gQiYYhX.jpg
Looks like a very fancy day, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

For example, the preeminent pair in John's post that follows. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you, GT. :)
The WCLF and Hartshead lead the pack for 2019. :cool::thumbsup:

Very interesting photo report of your trip, John; thanks! :cool:;):cool:
Thank you, GT. :)
Even though California history isn't very old, it's quite interesting.

cj-pile-vopen-gardenpost-jpg.1277558
Nice to see C.J. again. :cool::thumbsup:

Back