Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Ace pic Dylan :cool: For an English guy, I've fired a lot of guns, but I've never shot a Winchester, or any other lever-action rifle for that matter :( Looks good with your Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. If you ever get the chance to, I highly recommend trying a lever action. As a longtime fan of Westerns and other cowboy related stuff, there's nothing quite like a Winchester.

Heckuva horn handle on that lambsfoot of yours, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thank you, GT! I hope you are keeping well, my friend.

I had this black beauty with me today and as promised, I gathered the current flock for a group pic (absent Linus, of course). Please pay the sorry state of my deck no mind - dogs and winter have taken their toll. One of my many spring/summer projects...

pwCQS40.jpg

JMXOpOr.jpg

What are we doing now? Group photos and musical instruments?

Ok, here’s an up-to-date family photo. (I know I shared one recently, but it was a recycled photo and was missing a few gems).

WcEsxr3.jpg

And here’s a Lambsfoot with a musical instrument. (Next Guardians thread trend: camouflaged/“Where’s Waldo” Lambsfoot photos!) ;) :D

knuM2sI.jpg

Thank you, Jack. If you ever get the chance to, I highly recommend trying a lever action. As a longtime fan of Westerns and other cowboy related stuff, there's nothing quite like a Winchester.

I had this black beauty with me today and as promised, I gathered the current flock for a group pic (absent Linus, of course). Please pay the sorry state of my deck no mind - dogs and winter have taken their toll. One of my many spring/summer projects...

pwCQS40.jpg

JMXOpOr.jpg
Winchester lever actions and Colt Single Action Army revolvers (.45 Colt calibre, of course) are the best! One of my all-time favourite movie scenes is John Wayne in True Grit riding across the field with the reins in his teeth, a Winchester in one hand (cocking it by twirling it after each shot) and a Colt in the other.

Great pics, Dylan. Thanks for showing that red Glennbad lambsfoot again. What a beauty!

Winchester lever actions and Colt Single Action Army revolvers (.45 Colt calibre, of course) are the best! One of my all-time favourite movie scenes is John Wayne in True Grit riding across the field with the reins in his teeth, a Winchester in one hand (cocking it by twirling it after each shot) and a Colt in the other.

Great pics, Dylan. Thanks for showing that red Glennbad lambsfoot again. What a beauty!

The man who wrote the book, True Grit, was born in my home town. His name was Charles Portis and he just passed away in February. The movie with John Wayne is excellent!

Good morning Guardians! :) I pray that you and your loved ones are all safe and well! I've got my Waynorth Cutlery Jigged Bone in my pocket today! Have a blessed Good Friday! :) :thumbsup:

49756266323_77a548a1d2_o.jpg

Sorry for missing your photo yesterday Ron, and Charlies Lambs may for a great pic :) :thumbsup:

Great pictures all!!! And Jack, you sure look good on that horse. :)
In keeping with a bit of a music theme, here is a lovely song provided by a Taylor's Eye Witness.

View attachment 1319126

LOL! Thanks buddy, I've only been on a horse once (as a kid)! :D Nice old TEW, and an interesting pic there :) :thumbsup:

Happy Friday, Guardians! And so strat week comes to an end as we slide into a three day weekend. Have a good day, everyone, and stay safe out there!
1HmIDOo.jpg

Great pic Matt :) We've actually got a 4-day weekend here - not that anyone is counting at the moment :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

My Rosewood "Big-un" basking in the sun last September by our back driveway and brush pile.

Py1YyLa.jpg

The sun is shining today so, I just might put him out in the sun for some fresh air.

Enjoy the view Ed :) :thumbsup:

:D:D:D
Yeah, I remember McCloud! I'd have to ride 40 miles each way to work! :eek:

LOL! :D I bet you remember this one too Vince ;) :thumbsup:

I didn't include one in the last post, except the quote from Jack. Here's an appropriate image for this thread:
n8f3C53.jpg

My Ashley's Choice lambsfoot (1 of 28), with a 1908 British penny I've had for about 50 years.

Looking good there pal :thumbsup:

I wasn't familiar with that usage of "our kid"; does it usually imply a younger brother? There are American idioms "kid brother" and "kid sister" that refer to younger siblings, but I think the words "brother" and "sister" are always explicit.
Thanks for praising my Lam Jack pics :); I managed to get some nice ones one day soon after it arrived.

Usually, but not always Gary :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. “Prototype Yuppie...” LOL.:D From the sound of things, it looks your day is going well. Here’s to it spillIng over to the rest of the weekend.

Good Afternoon Guardians. Stay Safe. May you all find joy this weekend.

I Carry It. I Wear It.
7736A325-238F-416F-A028-6672F31F7637_zpsrtp4zhnf.jpeg

Very fetching Harvey :) My day was going OK, until there was nearly a riot across the road from my house, made for an interesting couple of hours :eek: After all the excitement, I had an early night (and then woke up at 3.00am) :rolleyes: Thanks for your kind thoughts my friend :thumbsup:

We fixed spaghetti for our evening meal. I was already chowing down when I suddenly remembered that I hadn’t noticed much food posted by the Guardians today. :rolleyes: Well, I couldn’t just sit here enjoying this fine meal without sharing it with y’all! :eek: Stay safe and God Bless! :thumbsup: :D

49757951188_d0428332ee_o_d.jpg

Thanks for sharing Ron, that looks very tasty :D :) :thumbsup:

Yes, Jack, that's the rosewood Hartshead Barlow you moved heaven and earth to get for me when it turned out my original had significant structural problems. Very grateful for your "above and beyond" efforts on my behalf! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
ETA: Jack, I thought your "moon shot" was noteworthy! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I certainly appreciated it, since we had cloudy skies.

You should let someone have a look at the first one Gary, I think it'll be an easy fix :thumbsup: Thanks buddy, happy to help ;) :thumbsup:

Holy Lambs, Vince and Jack!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: There's a lot more lambs foots that need our Guardians efforts than I realized!

View attachment 1319467

- GT

Thanks GT :D Nice photo of your Hartshead Barlow, and a video straight out of the Pigeon-Toed Orange Peel ;) I'm off to eat some toast and jam for breakfast :thumbsup:

Beer delivery from my favorite brewery!!!!
Cd4Zilu.jpg

Congratulations Taylor :) :thumbsup:

I miss the 60s. What were they thinking with those baggy sweatshirts, though?
PylCZyz.jpg

Hey, Babe, we could make beautiful music together!

My keeping up strategy is to jump to the latest page and start there.

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

That looks really yummy, Ron.
We will be having our traditional Good Friday Spaghetti tonight. :cool::thumbsup:

Hope you enjoyed it John :thumbsup:

I hope everyone had a happy and healthy week. Getting a little practice in. Enjoy your Easter weekend! :D

View attachment 1319551

Cool image Jon :) I managed to find time for a little time on the 'range' myself last night :) :thumbsup:

Stole the idea from WhittlinAway WhittlinAway bacon flat bread!
View attachment 1319568

I bet they're tasty Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:

We are blessed indeed to own such special knives Jack. Thank you so much my friend.

Thank you GT! I am glad to hear from you.

View attachment 1319600

Thank you Dwight, you're very kind, and it's wonderful to see you here :) Lovely photo :) :thumbsup:

Ok, here’s an up-to-date family photo. (I know I shared one recently, but it was a recycled photo and was missing a few gems).

WcEsxr3.jpg

And here’s a Lambsfoot with a musical instrument. (Next Guardians thread trend: camouflaged/“Where’s Waldo” Lambsfoot photos!) ;) :D

knuM2sI.jpg

Woow Barrett, that's an incredible collection, cool pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

The first revolver I ever fired as a kid was a reproduction cap and ball Colt Navy, belonging to a friend of my dad's :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, how is everyone doing? Hope you're all keeping well and staying safe. Hoping for a quiet day today, and an afternoon nap ;) :thumbsup:

Y8xpjPP.jpg

Nice photos. Great looking knives and that turn box sharpener looks just like the one I have:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks! It's a Lansky Turnbox. Not the best by any means but it's ok for the sort of edge I'm happy with.:thumbsup:

A mate of mine glanced at his phone in the toilet, and got told off! o_O They are a strange brewery :rolleyes:

Great couple of pics David :) :thumbsup:

Who brew strange beer as well sometimes. :(
Thanks, I was sat looking at that photo thinking "I'm sure there's something missing". After mulling it over in my head for half an hour it suddenly came to me. No HHB! :rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians! :) I pray that you and your loved ones are all safe and well! I've got my Waynorth Cutlery Jigged Bone in my pocket today! Have a blessed Good Friday! :) :thumbsup:

49756266323_77a548a1d2_o.jpg

It's been said before, they are most definitely very handsome knives. :thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians. Stay Safe. May you all find joy this weekend.

I Carry It. I Wear It.
7736A325-238F-416F-A028-6672F31F7637_zpsrtp4zhnf.jpeg

If joy is beers and bbq I'm hoping to thank you.:D
Wonderful lambsfoot there. :):thumbsup:

So far behind in my favorite threads.

View attachment 1319467

- GT

This thread has certainly picked up the pace since all this isolation malarkey started.
Great looking HHB there. :thumbsup:

Beer delivery from my favorite brewery!!!!
Cd4Zilu.jpg

Hey Taylor I was reading yesterday that if this lock down continues much longer up to 46% of the small independent breweries in the U.S will go bust. So folks if you like your craft ale, have some money spare and know a brewery near you delivering or doing drive-thru then throw them a lifeline. Or even if you don't like beer buy some and gift it to someone later on. :thumbsup:

https://www.brewbound.com/news/brew...y-they-may-be-forced-to-close-within-3-months

That's a lovely carving there and I thought all HHB's had dark covers were that one is lighter. Looks good. :thumbsup:

JMXOpOr.jpg

What a great photo of your flock there. That must of taken you ages to line everything up like that.:thumbsup:

One of my all-time favourite movie scenes is John Wayne in True Grit riding across the field with the reins in his teeth, a Winchester in one hand (cocking it by twirling it after each shot) and a Colt in the other.

Absolutely!

The first revolver I ever fired as a kid was a reproduction cap and ball Colt Navy, belonging to a friend of my dad's :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, how is everyone doing? Hope you're all keeping well and staying safe. Hoping for a quiet day today, and an afternoon nap ;) :thumbsup:

Y8xpjPP.jpg

My first revolver was a wartime era .38 Colt....I think. Happy days.:(

I'm still sat in shorts drinking a coffee so no picture today yet. I'll get myself into gear and sort one out.
I hope everyone has a nice weekend lined up.
All the best. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I was sat looking at that photo thinking "I'm sure there's something missing". After mulling it over in my head for half an hour it suddenly came to me. No HHB! :rolleyes:

It's back today! :D :thumbsup:

KyMLFiJ.jpg

My first revolver was a wartime era .38 Colt....I think. Happy days.:(

I'm still sat in shorts drinking a coffee so no picture today yet. I'll get myself into gear and sort one out.
I hope everyone has a nice weekend lined up.
All the best. :thumbsup:

Yes indeed, I quite often used to go to the range on Saturday mornings (as well as several times during the week) :(

I was glad I had my shoes on early (very early actually), as I saw the bin-men coming up the street, and had to dash out of the house to put the bins out! :eek: Got there just in time! :thumbsup:

Have a good one David :thumbsup:

Sorry for missing your photo yesterday Ron, and Charlies Lambs may for a great pic :) :thumbsup:

LOL! Thanks buddy, I've only been on a horse once (as a kid)! :D Nice old TEW, and an interesting pic there :) :thumbsup:

Great pic Matt :) We've actually got a 4-day weekend here - not that anyone is counting at the moment :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Enjoy the view Ed :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D I bet you remember this one too Vince ;) :thumbsup:

Looking good there pal :thumbsup:

Usually, but not always Gary :) :thumbsup:

Very fetching Harvey :) My day was going OK, until there was nearly a riot across the road from my house, made for an interesting couple of hours :eek: After all the excitement, I had an early night (and then woke up at 3.00am) :rolleyes: Thanks for your kind thoughts my friend :thumbsup:

You should let someone have a look at the first one Gary, I think it'll be an easy fix :thumbsup: Thanks buddy, happy to help ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks GT :D Nice photo of your Hartshead Barlow, and a video straight out of the Pigeon-Toed Orange Peel ;) I'm off to eat some toast and jam for breakfast :thumbsup:

Congratulations Taylor :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoyed it John :thumbsup:

Cool image Jon :) I managed to find time for a little time on the 'range' myself last night :) :thumbsup:

I bet they're tasty Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you Dwight, you're very kind, and it's wonderful to see you here :) Lovely photo :) :thumbsup:

Woow Barrett, that's an incredible collection, cool pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

Y8xpjPP.jpg
I second that. Have a great Saturday Jack.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

KyMLFiJ.jpg

Yes indeed, I quite often used to go to the range on Saturday mornings (as well as several times during the week) :(

I was glad I had my shoes on early (very early actually), as I saw the bin-men coming up the street, and had to dash out of the house to put the bins out! :eek: Got there just in time! :thumbsup:

Nice grouping Jack! :cool: Your barlow is aging wonderfully.

Good Morning Guardians

Last night was fun. We hung out with a couple of friends at their place.
They own a horse boarding stable, so it was nice to be around horses again.
We basically just hung out around the fire pit and had good conversation, keeping our social distance of course.

Also had a chance yesterday to experiment with another slip pattern...

pwCQS40.jpg

JMXOpOr.jpg
I couldn’t agree with you more Dylan. There’s just something about a lever gun and a single action revolver that just feels right. I feel the same way every time I pick up one of my 1911’s. I think the word I’m looking for is nostalgic! :D That’s a great photo Dylan! :thumbsup: You’ve gathered a very nice flock of Lambs my friend! :cool: :thumbsup: :D

WcEsxr3.jpg

knuM2sI.jpg
Wonderful grouping there Barrett! You’ve got some beauties my friend! :thumbsup: :)

No problem Jack and thanks for the reply my friend! :) :thumbsup:

It was very nice Jack! :thumbsup: :)

It's been said before, they are most definitely very handsome knives. :thumbsup:
Thanks David! :)

KyMLFiJ.jpg

Very impressive shooting there “Dead Eye Jack”! ;) :D

Indeed! We are grateful.

Good morning, Guardians! May your coffee be hot* and your reading relaxing.
TT8SFEnh.jpg

(*) Or iced. That'd be OK, too. Just not lukewarm. ;)
Yes indeed Greg! We are blessed in so many wonderful ways! :thumbsup: :)

Good Morning Guardians

Last night was fun. We hung out with a couple of friends at their place.
They own a horse boarding stable, so it was nice to be around horses again.
We basically just hung out around the fire pit and had good conversation, keeping our social distance of course.

Also had a chance yesterday to experiment with another slip pattern...
Looks like a good time was had John! :cool: It’s great to take our minds off of things as often as possible! :) You’re continually impressing me with your leather work my friend! :thumbsup:

That's a lovely carving there and I thought all HHB's had dark covers were that one is lighter. Looks good
Thank you David. Cherri carved the leaf.:)

That wood oak leaf is way cool.
Thank you John. Cherri is really getting into wood carving. I am enjoying your leather working pics. Put me on your list. :cool:

IMG_3993.jpeg

Back