Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I'm not seeing your image Vince Prester John Prester John
I didn't include one in the last post, except the quote from Jack. Here's an appropriate image for this thread:
n8f3C53.jpg

My Ashley's Choice lambsfoot (1 of 28), with a 1908 British penny I've had for about 50 years.

I wouldn't search for it either Gary! :D :thumbsup:

To some extent, I do. Amazon delivery driver left the box on the door-step, I opened it there, binned the carton, and put the bottle away (I have a second bottle of Lagavulin already opened, so it won't be getting opened soon) :thumbsup:

I don't know if you know, but 'Our kid' is a way of saying 'My brother' :)

Those great pics round off your mammoth post nicely Gary, have a great day my friend :) :thumbsup:
I rarely search for lagers any more, Jack. ;)
Maybe I should be taking more precautions with the groceries and mail I bring into the house! :eek:
I wasn't familiar with that usage of "our kid"; does it usually imply a younger brother? There are American idioms "kid brother" and "kid sister" that refer to younger siblings, but I think the words "brother" and "sister" are always explicit.
Thanks for praising my Lam Jack pics :); I managed to get some nice ones one day soon after it arrived.

Thanks.
And silliness yes, but the silliness of the likes of George and Ringo might still be fraught with meaning!
:thumbsup::D

Let’s just say that the idea was born from past experience in my case as well.... :D

Twice-baked birthday cake... now that has a ring to it! Why should it just be for potatoes?
My wife was gratified to hear your confession, Greg! :p:thumbsup:

The method I used on that one is a Double Loop.
There is Single, Double, and Triple depending on the thickness of the project.
Hope Lamb Jack served you well, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the lacing info, John. :)
My lambsfoot knives usually give me excellent service, knowing that I only call on them for about one week every couple of months! :thumbsup:;)

Yes, I think so too. And we share a birthday (different year).

Him too, I guess. I remember on his website, he had a list of every book he's read, I think going back to the 1960's, at least. Not a lot of fluff on the list.
I wish I'd kept a list of all the books I've read over the years (including numbers of re-reads). :rolleyes:

First product of my sourdough starter: waffles!
I'd never heard of sourdough waffles, Greg; they look delicious! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Sadly, most folks fall for all the lies told to them, and accept replacing equipment that fails long before it should. There was a time when people put on their old clothes to go out to the great outdoors, now they have to dress up in this seasons colours. No wonder they're seen as easy prey by ad-men and unscrupulous vendors o_O
And for me, now is still that time! :rolleyes::eek::D

Linus is here with me and safely "sheltering in place". To be honest, not near the top of my list of priorities, at the moment. I'm sure you'll understand. Rest assured he is safe and will be going out as soon as I am able to. ...
Thanks for the Linus update, Mark! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sure hope you (and all the rest of us) are able to get out and about soon! :)

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Lam Jack Looks very nice in those two closeups.
Thanks, Harvey. :) Your Rosewood HHB looks good in that hat! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for the video from the surgeon general. I followed his instructions and whipped up a mask using a western bandana and 2 rubber bands in half-a-minute; it works surprisingly well (and seems SLIGHTLY less bulky than yours ;))! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

First time out in my little shed this year wood turning
Ambrosia Maple bowl .
QIirWP1.jpg

You're an artist in many media, Dan! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I especially like that little white arrowhead with the black shaft that appeared inside your bowl!

It's one for the money ...
(When open, one of the most attractive knife models I've ever seen! :cool::thumbsup::cool:)
My three most hard working lambsfoot knives each got some TLC this afternoon.
Here's the happy trio, basking in the afterglow of their spa day:

SLPkJxSh.jpg

Tomorrow it'll be back to hard work. :)
Three for the show ...
(Terrifically treated trio! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:)
Four to get ready ...
(Fab Four, ED! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:)
And five to go!!
(Quality quintet, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:)

- GT

We fixed spaghetti for our evening meal. I was already chowing down when I suddenly remembered that I hadn’t noticed much food posted by the Guardians today. :rolleyes: Well, I couldn’t just sit here enjoying this fine meal without sharing it with y’all! :eek: Stay safe and God Bless! :thumbsup: :D

49757951188_d0428332ee_o_d.jpg

So far behind in my favorite threads. :eek::( I'm switching to my "pick one prize-worthy and praiseworthy post per page" mode as a catch-up strategy. The quotes below are from pages 1891-1900 earlier this week.

Nothing fancy today. A Standard with so-so Buffalo Horn covers and a "Lil-un" with Pere David covers.

pB3jfRD.jpg
You've got yourself quite a pair there, ED! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

That was going to be my second guess... ;):D
A likely story, John! :p:thumbsup::D

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the link. I pretty much struck out at two grocery stores, and hours of looking online. I have plenty of bread in my freezer, but I like to bake once a week.
Jh5Pqn1.jpg
I like you to bake once a week, too, Dave; bread and stag HHB both look splendid! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Submitted as formal application for membership in the honorable Guardians sub-order of the Knights of the Sourdough:

F6l4qlzh.jpg

My first sourdough loaf! As befitting an aspiring Knight baking a Round Loaf, I used King Arthur flour. :D
Congrats on your first sourdough loaf, Greg! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Bread and lamb look sublime to me, but I was also impressed with your earlier sourdough waffles and pizza crust! :)

My dad used to make some tasty sourdough bread. You can also make sourdough biscuits that are really good, especially with some homemade jelly!
Great photo of your stag lambsfoot and the fruit jelly, Les!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I like bread and butter, I like toast and jam ...

Good day, Guardians! Trying to dial in a good day around here. Y'all stay safe!
CtwgWVe.jpg
Ravishing knife, Matt! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I've been admiring your horrible guitar puns as I've been catching up! :D:thumbsup:;)

I took a bunch of pics of this one today. Hard to pick a good one but I think I was able to capture some nice golden tones.

T1IK4z3.jpg
Heckuva horn handle on that lambsfoot of yours, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Is that the second one GT? :thumbsup:

It is really bright isn't it Dan?! :eek: :D I have had my camera at least a couple of years, it only came with basic instructions, I need to go online and read up on it at some point :rolleyes: Good luck with your sourdough :) :thumbsup:
Yes, Jack, that's the rosewood Hartshead Barlow you moved heaven and earth to get for me when it turned out my original had significant structural problems. Very grateful for your "above and beyond" efforts on my behalf! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
ETA: Jack, I thought your "moon shot" was noteworthy! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I certainly appreciated it, since we had cloudy skies.

Thanks, GT.
It looks like Lam Jack knows what time it is. :thumbsup:

Goood Morning Guardians. Here's a old pic of Jake when he was still pretty new.
48156962261_88f819cdc9_h.jpg
Great to see Jake again in his early state!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
I hope Lam Jack will tell ME what time it is; I'm starting to lose track! :rolleyes:

I managed to eat a pancake and fried egg for breakfast this morning by mouth.:) I'm slowly working my way off the feeding tube.:thumbsup: Wahoo!!!

8ERe5Ty.jpg
Congrats on the progress, ED! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: You're ahead of the schedule you originally announced aren't you? Wishing you rapid improvement, but don't bite off more than you can chew! ;)

Getting ready for a video seder with the family. These certainly are interesting times.
8fZLa89.jpg
When I saw this in another thread, Rachel, I felt quite sad, thinking that maybe circumstances were forcing your to "remember" alone. Glad you had a video seder set up! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Welcome back, Dwight! :):cool::cool: I hope all is as well as that beautiful knife you posted!!

Page 1900! Here's all four:
69mP04u.jpg
Spectacular pic Vince! :cool: 1900 pages of Lambie goodness :D Well done Guardians :) :thumbsup:

z9Pbyrg.jpg

FEb6nY2.jpg

3Fnme7G.jpg

XdCaXzn.jpg
Holy Lambs, Vince and Jack!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: There's a lot more lambs foots that need our Guardians efforts than I realized!

hhb2.pile.closed.stonecoaster.jpg

- GT

Last edited:
So far behind in my favorite threads. :eek::( I'm switching to my "pick one prize-worthy and praiseworthy post per page" mode as a catch-up strategy. The quotes below are from pages 1891-1900 earlier this week.

You've got yourself quite a pair there, ED! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

A likely story, John! :p:thumbsup::D

I like you to bake once a week, too, Dave; bread and stag HHB both look splendid! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Congrats on your first sourdough loaf, Greg! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Bread and lamb look sublime to me, but I was also impressed with your earlier sourdough waffles and pizza crust! :)

Great photo of your stag lambsfoot and the fruit jelly, Les!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I like bread and butter, I like toast and jam ...

Ravishing knife, Matt! :cool::cool::thumbsup: I've been admiring your horrible guitar puns as I've been catching up! :D:thumbsup:;)

Heckuva horn handle on that lambsfoot of yours, Dylan! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Yes, Jack, that's the rosewood Hartshead Barlow you moved heaven and earth to get for me when it turned out my original had significant structural problems. Very grateful for your "above and beyond" efforts on my behalf! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great to see Jake again in his early state!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
I hope Lam Jack will tell ME what time it is; I'm starting to lose track! :rolleyes:

Congrats on the progress, ED! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: You're ahead of the schedule you originally announced aren't you? Wishing you rapid improvement, but don't bite off more than you can chew! ;)

When I saw this in another thread, Rachel, I felt quite sad, thinking that maybe circumstances were forcing your to "remember" alone. Glad you had a video seder set up! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Welcome back, Dwight! :):cool::cool: I hope all is as well as that beautiful knife you posted!!

Holy Lambs, Vince and Jack!! :eek::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: There's a lot more lambs foots that need our Guardians efforts than I realized!

View attachment 1319467

- GT
I miss the 60s. What were they thinking with those baggy sweatshirts, though?
PylCZyz.jpg

Hey, Babe, we could make beautiful music together!

My keeping up strategy is to jump to the latest page and start there.

Thanks! My wife makes all the homemade jelly, muscadine, scuppernong, blackberry, peach, plum, loquat that I grew when I lived in Texas. We just need to gets some mayhaws now. Mayhaw jelly is hard to beat! Great song in the video. :thumbsup:

When I saw this in another thread, Rachel, I felt quite sad, thinking that maybe circumstances were forcing your to "remember" alone. Glad you had a video seder set up! :thumbsup::cool:
Thank you, Gary. It is a sad sort of picture, but the video seder was a lot of fun. :D We kind of sped through the ceremony and then sat and talked for a few hours.
I know I drank more than the ceremonial four glasses of wine, but in my defense the silver kiddush cup I was using is very small. ;) (it's actually my cup from a set my family had when I was a child, and would use every Friday night)

My wife was gratified to hear your confession, Greg! :p:thumbsup:

:D

I'd never heard of sourdough waffles, Greg; they look delicious! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Since the first time I had them at a friend's house, I've been very partial to yeast waffles--as opposed to quicker recipes that use baking powder--so I was excited to try the sourdough version. They were good, but, I think, with a bit of tweaking they'll be even better. :thumbsup:

I Carry It. I Wear It.
7736A325-238F-416F-A028-6672F31F7637_zpsrtp4zhnf.jpeg

That's a mighty fine face mask, Harvey! I love the nod to the bandana. :thumbsup:

We have a few masks that my mother-in-law very kindly sewed and mailed to us, but none so stylish as that. :)

We fixed spaghetti for our evening meal. I was already chowing down when I suddenly remembered that I hadn’t noticed much food posted by the Guardians today. :rolleyes: Well, I couldn’t just sit here enjoying this fine meal without sharing it with y’all! :eek: Stay safe and God Bless! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks for getting us on back on track, Ron! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, GT! It's been a lot of fun as both a science experiment and a way to do something with my hands that has a tasty product in the end. It's been doubly fun having come to it around the same time as a few other Guardians have and to have had the pleasure of getting expert guidance from @Dschal.

It's a day of fasting for some of us, Ron. That spaghetti looks good, though!

Thanks guys, I'm touched :( Sad though, that there won't be any Guardians knives this year
We are blessed indeed to own such special knives Jack. Thank you so much my friend.

Thank you GT! I am glad to hear from you.

C9461185-C589-4871-8B85-C6A30A1A8593_1_201_a.jpeg

Back