Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Great picture of your ebony Dan:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Dennis, appreciate it :thumbsup::thumbsup: Excellent choice of fluid replenishment beverage :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

First one I shot was late 80's I believe, same as you mentioned, standard civilian version of military issued rifles. Really enjoyable to shoot, low recoil rifles are just fun:thumbsup: I never purchased one because it just wasn't a legal caliber for deer in my state, good for smaller varmints but they were not of interest to me. So a couple of years ago I attended a gun show and dropped my name and phone number in the bin for the door prize drawing, I have never won anything in door prizes or raffles, I was very surprised by the phone call to come pick up this rifle:thumbsup: I did spend money on the scope and carrying case but well worth it :)

Yes that dog is very spoiled, him and his litter mate are both rotten:D they are great entertainment for my wife and I :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice horn on your lambsfoot for today, always enjoy seeing it:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks David:thumbsup:

Beautiful knife Jack, nice to see it again, love it:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Enjoy the golf Bill:thumbsup: very nice picture :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pile side on rocks :thumbsup:
DZvleqB.jpg
Thanks Rob - and your lamb foot photo is excellent.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks pal! :) Sorry to hear of your mail woes! :( Maybe it’ll surely improve in the future! :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron :) I hope so, but I think it'll be a few months yet :rolleyes:

At times, Windows is a gift from the Devil.:eek: The Hartshead is from the Angels.:)

Sriracha rules.

Good Afternoon Guardians
98927EED-6558-4715-B072-824DF870B867_zpscrnxbqvi.jpeg

You're not kidding Harvey! o_O I had no problem with it, quite the opposite, until 10 appeared, with its forced 'updates' :mad: Thank you my friend, I'm glad you're a Sriracha fan too :thumbsup:

Cool pic! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Just returned from golf and we just finished before the skies opened.:D

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Good timing Bill ;) :thumbsup:

Awesome collander:eek::eek::thumbsup::thumbsup: that HHB isn't bad either;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary:thumbsup:
That knife is a knockout, Rob! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I don't remember if I've ever showed you my colander :D:

Congrats on the splendid transformation!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Thanks for the Hollister, MO info, Rob. :)

Cracker Jack is looking great Gary:thumbsup::thumbsup: fine stag on it and all of the others were very nice:thumbsup::thumbsup:
By the way, my lambsfoot this week is Cracker Jack:
View attachment 1369068

- GT

Thanks Jack:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Weight is certainly an advantage but they can be finicky, they lock up if they aren't kept clean and oiled, not a good thing if you are a soldier on the front line:thumbsdown:
Thank you Rob, great to see that pile side, such a cool knife :)

I haven't carried an M16 since about 1980. The best thing about them, for me, was the incredible weight-saving compared to 7.62mm ammunition. Otherwise, it really wasn't my thing. Maybe it'd be different today :thumbsup:

If I had kept a record of my spending on raffles and charges to enter shows I probably would be surprised how much I spent over the past 40 years. Some of the raffles people at work sell tickets for make me wonder who if anyone wins the prize:( surely there's no scammers out there:D
Now that's the sort of raffle I need to enter. In the UK the prize would be a box of chocolates. Or a food mixer. In the US, it's an AR15.
God Bless America. :D

Thanks Bill, glad you wrapped up the golf game before the rain hit:thumbsup:
Thanks Rob - and your lamb foot photo is excellent.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

"Maths" and "fun" are not two words I would normally put in the same sentence. :(
You n me both Bro...and that makes...errr two of us...ouch my brain hurts.

mad as box of frogs
Australian frogs mind you...so thats full insane....I have a vid of my son handling a giant huntsman we rescued from the bathroom....it was literally as big as his young hand....went underneath onto his palm ...then scampered up the underneath of his arm into his armpit...where he deftly catches it in the other hand ...it sits for a minute before he calmly places it to escape up the wall outside....and thats not even the best Arachnid story from him...Ill see if I can link the vid...
Cheers

I have seen those Magnum bottles here Barrett, but the small Christmas Ale bottles cost enough! :eek: :D I usually treat myself to a couple, and always enjoy them, but I missed them last year :( :thumbsup:

That’s the only time I bought the magnum, but I have had their Christmas Ale in smaller bottles a few times. I don’t remember what the “big ‘un” cost, but it must’ve been cheaper here than it would be over there!

Thanks Barrett, that apple cake sounds good :)

It was good. Not quite as good as when my mom makes it, but still pretty good. :)

At least her recipe was thorough. I’ve been working on compiling some family recipes, and I have some from my grandma that are just a list of ingredients, in the order in which you should use them (something that took me a while to figure out), with almost no other instructions. o_O :D

I wouldn't want to live in London either! :eek: That is a great photo of Eleanor and her cousin though, that location actually looks familiar :thumbsup:

That was just outside Kensington Gardens.

Thanks mate, ace pic of your Rosewood Lambsfoot, which one is that? :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. That’s the one you gifted me, that I asked about recently. One of a small run you had made, I think.

So Griddle Cakes.
Made to an ancient Anglo-Saxon recipe. These are really nice, but given how much butter went into them you can see how they powered the medieval peasantry.
BMP1DRF.jpg

I'd munched two already then thought "ya know what, these would taste great washed down with a stout".
And ya know what. They were. :thumbsup:
zP9oSjz.jpg

The closest modern equivalent would be the Welsh Cake. There's also something called a Scotch Cake and I believe Eastern European cooking has something similar. There sort of a cross between a pancake and a scone.

Sounds good, David! :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Weight is certainly an advantage but they can be finicky, they lock up if they aren't kept clean and oiled, not a good thing if you are a soldier on the front line:thumbsdown:

Absolutely Rob :thumbsup:

It was good. Not quite as good as when my mom makes it, but still pretty good. :)

At least her recipe was thorough. I’ve been working on compiling some family recipes, and I have some from my grandma that are just a list of ingredients, in the order in which you should use them (something that took me a while to figure out), with almost no other instructions. o_O :D

Glad to hear :) I never used to write recipes down, but one of my kids asked me to some years back. I did write some of my baking recipes down earlier, along with a few other dishes I only made rarely, but lost the book while moving, it took me ages to get my Irish soda bread recipe right too o_O

That was just outside Kensington Gardens.

That's what I was thinking! :D Funny how some scenes stick in your mind. I have spent a lot of time in that area though. For years, a friend of mine had quite a nice nice apartment a few doors down from the entrance to South Kensington station. From his kitchen window, you could see onto the platform! :D

Thanks, Jack. That’s the one you gifted me, that I asked about recently. One of a small run you had made, I think.

Sorry for forgetting Barrett :rolleyes: I had two short Rosewood runs made up, one with African Rosewood scales and unpolished blades, the other with Indonesian Rosewood scales and polished blades. Sometimes I find them hard to tell apart from photographs :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone has had a reasonable week so far :thumbsup:

U0F8WOY.jpg

Absolutely Rob :thumbsup:

Glad to hear :) I never used to write recipes down, but one of my kids asked me to some years back. I did write some of my baking recipes down earlier, along with a few other dishes I only made rarely, but lost the book while moving, it took me ages to get my Irish soda bread recipe right too o_O

That's what I was thinking! :D Funny how some scenes stick in your mind. I have spent a lot of time in that area though. For years, a friend of mine had quite a nice nice apartment a few doors down from the entrance to South Kensington station. From his kitchen window, you could see onto the platform! :D

Sorry for forgetting Barrett :rolleyes: I had two short Rosewood runs made up, one with African Rosewood scales and unpolished blades, the other with Indonesian Rosewood scales and polished blades. Sometimes I find them hard to tell apart from photographs :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone has had a reasonable week so far :thumbsup:

U0F8WOY.jpg
So far so good Jack. Hope your week has been going well too. Your HHB looks great as always.
Got my HHB back in the pocket today.
IMG_2373.JPG

Guardians_of_the_lambsfoot.jpg

So far so good Jack. Hope your week has been going well too. Your HHB looks great as always.
Got my HHB back in the pocket today.
View attachment 1369596

Guardians_of_the_lambsfoot.jpg

Pretty uneventful so far Bill, but I've just had the excitement of a walk to the post office, and if the weather holds out, I may get to have a beer or two with a couple of pals :) Nice to see the pile side of your Barlow :cool: :thumbsup:

Just keeping time with the Lambsfoot.
View attachment 1369600

:cool: :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians :thumbsup: We are at the half way mark of 2020, hopefully the last half is an improvement over the 1st half.
UErzthZ.jpg

Hope so Rob, the first half has been a stinker! :eek: Nice to see your Radiant :) :thumbsup:

Back