Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I'm positive meako meako is a writer for Lagunitas:D
vtiwBiz.jpg

VB9cANY.jpg

All this talk about Glenlivet by Onebigbill Onebigbill and Macallan by rockman0 rockman0 needs a little clarifying.:rolleyes: Although both are a good Scotch Whisky, they are not for serious drinking. They are "sipping" whiskies.

This on the other hand is a serious Scotch Whisky for "drinking".:thumbsup: I was stationed in Scotland for two years and 99% of the time when you'd slide up to the bar in a pub and order "a dram and a pint" this is the Whisky you got. The drill then was to down the whisky and chase it with the pint.:eek: No sipping the whisky - just down it.:rolleyes::)

xDlfA2f.jpg

Granted, the sipping whisky lasted longer:) but dang - drinking was a lot more fun.:rolleyes:

Ed, you are 100 % correct, Dewars white label is meant for shots, gulping, or if you are a weenie mixing. Thanks clearing the air:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
All this talk about Glenlivet by Onebigbill Onebigbill and Macallan by rockman0 rockman0 needs a little clarifying.:rolleyes: Although both are a good Scotch Whisky, they are not for serious drinking. They are "sipping" whiskies.

This on the other hand is a serious Scotch Whisky for "drinking".:thumbsup: I was stationed in Scotland for two years and 99% of the time when you'd slide up to the bar in a pub and order "a dram and a pint" this is the Whisky you got. The drill then was to down the whisky and chase it with the pint.:eek: No sipping the whisky - just down it.:rolleyes::)

xDlfA2f.jpg

Granted, the sipping whisky lasted longer:) but dang - drinking was a lot more fun.:rolleyes:

To all my fellow guardians and forum members from the great US of A, hope you all have a great 4th of july celebration this weekend and an enjoyable holiday time that coincides with it, we had our coldest day since last August yesterday, did not get above 50deg. with a cutting wind, so i made crockpot chicken and stayed inside reading and on the net. So to everyone out there, take care and look after yourself and your families.
Thank you, sir. Sorry about the cold weather. It's been warm here, mid-90's (don't know what that is in Celsius). Went out to dinner with wife and daughter. Had fried shrimp and fries, a cup of gumbo, and a couple of beers. Pretty good day. View from our table at the restaurant:
rJCuiLR.jpg

Didn't get a pic of the food, sorry.
Lambsfoot content:
0MgsIrs.jpg

Hey Guardians :)
Earlier this afternoon we put the boats in the water, loaded a ton of stuff and then paddle/rowed for about an hour to Jones Falls Lock on the Rideau.
About to go to bed now, I mean sleeping bag LOL.
Tomorrow we will go to Davis Lock , about 11 km from here.

ypByEdB.jpg

nSoipTN.jpg

GSoT1gs.jpg

twtzWXj.jpg

qiYxysJ.jpg

NWF8FLQ.jpg

s1qzBJ8.jpg

day, (which had been sat at my mail box for 3 months). Along with some other fine gifts, it contains this, which I'm yet to try[/QUOTE]
Thank you, sir. Sorry about the cold weather. It's been warm here, mid-90's (don't know what that is in Celsius). Went out to dinner with wife and daughter. Had fried shrimp and fries, a cup of gumbo, and a couple of beers. Pretty good day. View from our table at the restaurant:
rJCuiLR.jpg

Lambsfoot content:
0MgsIrs.jpg
Beautiful view while having lunch, glad you had a good time. Mid 90's is 35deg. celc. I still talk in the real temp, although we have had the "NEW" way for about 50 years.

I'm positive meako meako is a writer for Lagunitas:D
vtiwBiz.jpg

VB9cANY.jpg
So Rob, how slightly alcoholic is it?:D

rJCuiLR.jpg

Lambsfoot content:
0MgsIrs.jpg
Vince, I like your style! I remember the really great gumbo in Sabine Pass near Beaumont, TX.:thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, just checking in on my phone to wish our US members a Happy 4th :) Hope everyone has a great weekend, catch up with y'all later :thumbsup:
Thanks much Jack. The colonies here are having a bang-up day.:thumbsup::D

Good morning Guardians
Went for a little walk around the lock this morning.
This plaque tells a bit of the history of the Rideau Canal.
HXLtXFO.jpg

If the plaque is hard to read :D here is a short video.
I find it fascinating :thumbsup:

Very interesting video Dan; thanks!:thumbsup:

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Good morning Guardians and happy 4th to America. Have been trying to edit out the photo but so far no luck. Sorry for the offending image. :eek: OK, just got it excised...Found out my membership expired and I renewed but it took a little while for it to kick in. Here's the new (lambfoot only)photo:) of my HHB:
IMG_2478.JPG

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Bill,
It's not Glenlivet in the glass, it's a single malt a friend of mine distills, he uses a peated barley then ages it in an oak barrel. It's unique and tasty, he brings it down to 100 proof and bottles it. He gives it to friends. We finished a bottle of 18 year Glenlivet earlier this year, at that price point it's one of the best 18 year olds out there in my opinion :thumbsup::thumbsup: I love the Macallan 18 but at double the cost of Glenlivet it's not an everyday whiskey for common folks such as myself.
iEQoVRS.jpg

Thanks Jack:thumbsup: gorgeous bone on your Waynorth as they all are:thumbsup::thumbsup: Charlie outdid himself on that run:eek::eek: have a great weekend my friend :thumbsup:

I must agree with you Rob. However, my favorite scotch comes from Islay. I especially like Lagavulin 16. I most often prefer that but I also like my Laphroig Cask Strength, Ardbeg Uigeadail, and the like. Wished I could afford the 20 year old varieties but damn they are expensive!:eek::eek::eek: Truth be told, I like all good single malts:thumbsup:

Back