Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Took this picture late yesterday after the rain came through. Rained hard enough to come up in the garage a little. :oops: Hope everyone has a great weekend wherever you live!

Stay dry buddy! :eek: :thumbsup:

Hello Bill,
It's not Glenlivet in the glass, it's a single malt a friend of mine distills, he uses a peated barley then ages it in an oak barrel. It's unique and tasty, he brings it down to 100 proof and bottles it. He gives it to friends. We finished a bottle of 18 year Glenlivet earlier this year, at that price point it's one of the best 18 year olds out there in my opinion :thumbsup::thumbsup: I love the Macallan 18 but at double the cost of Glenlivet it's not an everyday whiskey for common folks such as myself.
iEQoVRS.jpg

Thanks Jack:thumbsup: gorgeous bone on your Waynorth as they all are:thumbsup::thumbsup: Charlie outdid himself on that run:eek::eek: have a great weekend my friend :thumbsup:

Your pal's whisky sounds great Rob :) For years, I used to bring The Macallan 12 back from France, and drink it when I lived there. Strangely, it wasn't available here at the time, just export only, with the 10 year old being sold instead :( Thank you my friend, he sure did :) You too Rob :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. Those rare:D occasions when you post your Hartshead, well, I felt compelled to post mine.:D

:D :thumbsup:

Thanks for celebrating with us, Jack. :)
You need to find yourself a BBQ-ed hot dog. :D

I'd love that John, hope you're all having a great day :) :thumbsup:

I'm positive meako meako is a writer for Lagunitas:D
vtiwBiz.jpg

VB9cANY.jpg

LOL! :D Superb triple rat Lambsfoot Rob :thumbsup:

Going gourmet today. ;)
50072637448_605734b748_h.jpg

Mmmmmmm :) :thumbsup:

All this talk about Glenlivet by @Onebigbill and Macallan by @rockman0 needs a little clarifying.:rolleyes: Although both are a good Scotch Whisky, they are not for serious drinking. They are "sipping" whiskies.

This on the other hand is a serious Scotch Whisky for "drinking".:thumbsup: I was stationed in Scotland for two years and 99% of the time when you'd slide up to the bar in a pub and order "a dram and a pint" this is the Whisky you got. The drill then was to down the whisky and chase it with the pint.:eek: No sipping the whisky - just down it.:rolleyes::)

xDlfA2f.jpg

Granted, the sipping whisky lasted longer:) but dang - drinking was a lot more fun.:rolleyes:

Point taken Ed, but I have to say, I've done 'serious drinking' of good single malts over the years! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you, sir. Sorry about the cold weather. It's been warm here, mid-90's (don't know what that is in Celsius). Went out to dinner with wife and daughter. Had fried shrimp and fries, a cup of gumbo, and a couple of beers. Pretty good day. View from our table at the restaurant:
rJCuiLR.jpg

Didn't get a pic of the food, sorry.
Lambsfoot content:
0MgsIrs.jpg

Sounds like a great day Vince :) Ace pics too :cool: :thumbsup:

Hey Guardians :)
Earlier this afternoon we put the boats in the water, loaded a ton of stuff and then paddle/rowed for about an hour to Jones Falls Lock on the Rideau.
About to go to bed now, I mean sleeping bag LOL.
Tomorrow we will go to Davis Lock , about 11 km from here.

ypByEdB.jpg

nSoipTN.jpg

GSoT1gs.jpg

twtzWXj.jpg

qiYxysJ.jpg

NWF8FLQ.jpg

s1qzBJ8.jpg

Stunning photos Dan, that lock could be here in England, the build looks to be just the same :) Of course, if you were here, you'd have had a damp day! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians
Went for a little walk around the lock this morning.
This plaque tells a bit of the history of the Rideau Canal.
HXLtXFO.jpg

If the plaque is hard to read :D here is a short video.
I find it fascinating :thumbsup:

Thanks for the history my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks much Jack. The colonies here are having a bang-up day.:thumbsup::D

Glad to hear it Bill! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians and happy 4th to America. Have been trying to edit out the photo but so far no luck. Sorry for the offending image. :eek: OK, just got it excised...Found out my membership expired and I renewed but it took a little while for it to kick in. Here's the new (lambfoot only)photo:) of my HHB:
View attachment 1371638

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Lambsfoot knives only. :eek:
Best to edit out the offending knife before our host sees it.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
and Happy 4th of July to all my fellow Americans

Cool pic John :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Thought I was going to have to get out some hip waders for a minute but we survived ok. :p
Johnny Cash’s hometown is only about 57 miles from mine!
Johnny Cash was the murderer on an episode of Columbo (back in the '70s). Sometimes Columbo despised his prey, but he liked Cash. He said: "Anyone that can sing like that can't be all bad." (The victim was a pretty nasty woman, by the way.)

Happy Fourth of July! The bars and parks are closed, parties canceled. I'm looking forward to watching the "socially distanced" version of Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest on ESPN, and a little day-drinking. It'll be over 100 degrees today, so I'm not really too disappointed to relax at home.

From 2017, when I got to see it in person:
BMZB2wP.jpg

8wkKSk9.jpg

Joey chestnut broke the world record with 72 hotdogs and buns eaten in 10 minutes. It was a sight to behold!

For now, a quiet morning in the garden.
R9cfsjq.jpg

I remember you posting about the hot-dog eating Rachel :) Hope you've had a great day, love that pic :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians! This is a special post for me, on Thursday I received my first ever lambsfoot, and boy is it a special one. I was able to purchase it from an old Guardian, I don't believe he's very active anymore, but I sure am grateful to him. I couldn't be more pleased with this knife. Holding it evokes incredible emotion, the thought and care put into this knife is felt immediately upon holding it. I'm so pleased to be here, to own this beautiful example, and excited to get to know all of you more!

Mx0UfKi.jpg

Fourth of July celebartions won't be the same this year, but with three young kids, we've usually got them in bed before the sun goes down and are annoyed by all the bangs keeping them awake anyways. :rolleyes: Here's a portion of our pretty tame spread, but they're all favorites for sure. Have a wonderful day everyone!

hoRvuP5.jpg

Congratulations, and welcome to the Guardians :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians!
Just a quick stop, will "try" to catch up later today. Great posts going on here!:):thumbsup:

Also working a little in the yard and feeding the Chirp-chirps before the heat kills us
auY1GhB.jpg

Cool pic Dennis, hope you're having a great day :) :thumbsup:

I don't think I've ever said or written that sentence, Jack, since I tend to shave at 4:30 or 5 in the morning. ;)

I think it might be a first for me too Gary! :D Though, one year, I ran a bar at a very large party (multi-day, several hundred people) for several friends who were 40 that year. Some fool had the idea that we should save a whole barrel of a very good locally-brewed stout, and several bottles of good port, to have as the "Breakfast of Champions" on the last day. They should have made the idiot pay for it because he didn't have a single glass, and neither did anyone else, as they were all hungover o_O

Was the bus much different than you remembered, Jack? Fewer seats to promote social distancing, masks required, etc.? I've not returned to public transport yet, and since I only use it for trips that I've been walking for the past 4 months, I don't think I will go back to the bus on a regular basis in the foreseeable future.

Very different, for the moment at least, Gary :thumbsup:

S1QcFGR.jpg

vCp1n1K.jpg

Thanks for the encouraging words, Jack. :)
Yeah, I'm sad to report that the graphs all show that the COVID-19 is currently worse in the US than it has ever been, even though the attention paid to it by the media has become much less intense. :(

It's a terrible tragedy my friend :( :thumbsup:

Lots of interesting seasonings out there to try. ;)
I hope increased walking can help with some of life's various aches and pains, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the good word on my AC photo. :)

Thanks a lot buddy :) :thumbsup:

Here's a pic of Cracker Jack I took yesterday (I rarely post a pic that "fresh"), and then oversaturated the color just for fun and holiday spirit:
View attachment 1371514

- GT

Looks good Gary :cool: :thumbsup:

4th of July fireworks display - U. S. Navy style

azzo6g7.jpg

U. S. made Lambfoot resting on U. S. Brewed Beer coasters.

MCNDaIb.jpg

Have a good 4th Guardians and anyone else looking in.

Hope you're having a great day Sailor :) :thumbsup:

Happy Fourth of July to all of my US friends and a good Saturday to all the rest of my fellow Guardians! :D :thumbsup:

50076111782_d44afa79d1_o_d.jpg

Excellent pic Ron :Thumbsup:

Still carrying my American-made Lambfoot!!
Happy Birthday to all of the U.S.A!!View attachment 1371576 View attachment 1371577

A fine choice Charlie :) :thumbsup:

Yeah, my daughter is getting mine, but she might have to wait till I die! :p

Hope that's a very long way off Vince! :D :thumbsup:

I only have two knives in the safe that have never been used, and the Hartshead is one of them. Just too amazing and it will be a piece of history in years to come.

Thanks to both of you, I'm touched :) :thumbsup:

New picture showing it's easy life. :D

No dirt under those finger-nails! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians. Hope everyone’s 4th is a good one.
View attachment 1371649

Stunning photo Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Nice example, Ron!! Half/Stop Half/Stop

Still carrying my American-made Lambfoot!!
Happy Birthday to all of the U.S.A!!View attachment 1371576 View attachment 1371577
Thanks Charlie! I love my Waynorth Lambs! :thumbsup: :)

Yeah, my daughter is getting mine, but she might have to wait till I die! :p
Exactly! ;)

New picture showing it's easy life. :D
Beautiful John! :) :thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians. Hope everyone’s 4th is a good one.
View attachment 1371649
Beautiful photo and Lambsfoot Harvey! :) :thumbsup:

Excellent pic Ron :Thumbsup:
Thank you Jack! :) :thumbsup:

I've spent £1000 on beer since mid March, and about another £100 or so on whisky! :eek: I've still got most of the whisky :rolleyes:

:eek: :D

I don't think I've ever said or written that sentence, Jack, since I tend to shave at 4:30 or 5 in the morning. ;)

That’s what oatmeal stouts are for! :D

Point taken Ed, but I have to say, I've done 'serious drinking' of good single malts over the years! :D :thumbsup:

:D :D

Like several other Guardians, I thought today would be a good day for an American-made Lambsfoot. :thumbsup:

Ncex1jl.jpg

Hope y’all have a nice 4th and a great weekend!

1j8ayue.jpg

Cool image, Jack. Hope you can get out tomorrow.

Thank you Jack.

Thank you Harvey, I managed to get out yesterday, but I had rather a lot of pics to edit, so I'm going to do that this morning :) I might even make it out again today too though :) :thumbsup:

It wasn't no sausage sandwich but it filled the gut. :D

Happy 4th y'all
50076879191_9268973f95_h.jpg

LOL! :D Looks like you've been having some fun Kevin! :D :thumbsup:

Like several other Guardians, I thought today would be a good day for an American-made Lambsfoot. :thumbsup:

Ncex1jl.jpg

Hope y’all have a nice 4th and a great weekend!

1j8ayue.jpg

Good choice Barrett :) Great pics :) :thumbsup:

Seeing as though it is the 4th of July {still is i hopeo_O} i am going to have some pie for lunch.
SyrOEYr.jpg

That looks like darn good pie too :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, I hope everyone is doing well, and that our US members had a fantastic time yesterday, looking forward to hearing what you got up to :) :thumbsup:

Treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day ;) Have a great Sunday Guardians :thumbsup:

xT4kcto.jpg

2p1hBnl.jpg

(@ReaperAL kindly sent over some bumper packs of Bazooka (Joe) for my mate's kids :) )

93MleEB.jpg

Just a couple of miles up the road from where I live, the city of Leeds melts into the countryside. Soon after the fields and woods appear, a vast tract of privately-owned land is encountered, enormous by British standards, which is the Harewood Estate. Most of the land in England is criss-crossed by ancient field-paths and trackways, which are historic 'Rights of Way', but Harewood has very few public footpaths, possibly because it has been in the ownership of the same family so long, though like many British country estates, it has 'charitable status' (tax relief). Since access is so limited, many local people perhaps fail to appreciate just how huge the estate is, but you can pay £15 to go and have a look at the big house. There is only really one public footpath of note, around the outskirts of the estate, with patrols, CCTV cameras, and signage to keep visitors on the 'straight and narrow'. I made sure to tug my forelock as I went through the big gates :rolleyes:

nMB5scK.jpg

It was a wet and dreary day here yesterday, raining for most of it, but I was pleased to get out and blow the cobwebs off nonetheless.

xD1AknK.jpg

The whole of the original part of the estate, an enormous area itself, is surrounded by a wall, which must have been a huge task to build. There are also a number of 'ha-ha's, an ancient design, later popularised by the English landscape architect Capability Brown, and latterly named for the braying sound an aristocrat makes when stumbling across one.

y5Uqdeu.jpg

Here's Harewood House in the distance (already zoomed in quite a bit at this point).

hBhhHEv.jpg

Zooming in some more, with the help of some photo editing. You're not getting any closer without handing over your 15 quid! :rolleyes:

QHuLfC1.jpg

The large boulder (below) up on the hill to the right of the footpath has ancient cup and ring markings, but this is as near to it as the public are allowed.

gANyP6M.jpg

OqwapDG.jpg

7uKWjG2.jpg

Here's the Harewood 'Fish Ponds', out of bounds again though.

x8IvAkU.jpg

Passing close to the ancient boundary wall, this is the entrance to the apiary.

lntM47M.jpg

7hobNzf.jpg

Plenty of deer on the estate.

QCiSOaS.jpg

PvYF25R.jpg

TV0GoDm.jpg

aqItDpH.jpg

2ED6WGo.jpg

Some pubs here re-opened yesterday, for the first time since mid March. I was a little surprised to see the Harewood Arms was among them, though it didn't actually have any customers. I'm sure I'll go for a pint there when the weather is better :thumbsup:

CTYPY25.jpg

QNCv3ir.jpg

9VOtywW.jpg

Back