Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Nice pic of that great knife, Harvey!:thumbsup:
Please tell us about that guitar-shaped tool. It' looks like a great gift for my musical friends (along with a Lambfoot:)) - if I can figure out what it's for!!:eek::D

JohnDF JohnDF - We have a guy up here in my area that raises Australian Cattle Dogs and Sheep Dogs. He hosts Dog Herding Shows every year and they'er quite interesting. Dog trainers from all over the West come to participate. Not this year though because of COVID-19.

What gets me is that for a fully trained, working, dog whether Cattle dog or Sheep Dog the prices for them run into the thousands of dollars.:eek:
They aren't cheap and getting very hard to find. I just paid $400 for our new pup. :eek:

bYsNjtv.jpg
Those look and sound amazing. :cool::thumbsup:

Please tell us about that guitar-shaped tool. It' looks like a great gift for my musical friends (along with a Lambfoot:)) - if I can figure out what it's for!!:eek::D
Thank you kindly, Charlie. Reminds me of a vintage Fender. I’ll do some research, because I don’t remember. Some IGer who made it a long while back. It’s a Ti EDC muti-tool, consisting of a nuk, bit holder, a cap lifter, a lanyard hole, and a belt loop key ring.

“Double your pleasure.” Thank you for the tour. Most enjoyable, Jack.:thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians
View attachment 1372146

Thanks Harvey, cool pic there my friend, that's a beautiful Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

I can think of a few practical uses ;) :thumbsup:

They aren't cheap and getting very hard to find. I just paid $400 for our new pup. :eek:

Those look and sound amazing. :cool::thumbsup:

Yikes :eek: Thanks John, it was very simple, just some onions, potatoes, Italian sausage, Cheedar cheese, olive oil, black pepper, smoked paprika, basil, and the Ghost Seasoning, but very tasty :) Had it with a beer on the side ;) :thumbsup:

qOfx1F7.jpg

Just had dessert ;)

bVTgpFi.jpg

I did find a new pup today.
I posted a picture in "Carl's Lounge."

Very cute :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations, John. Here’s to a good transition. Please share some of the many good moments.

Thank you Jack. Looks like you’re having a good day. Your images are the Bomb.

+1 on those pup images :)

Thanks Harvey :D :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, Charlie. Reminds me of a vintage Fender. I’ll do some research, because I don’t remember. Some IGer who made it a long while back. It’s a Ti EDC muti-tool, consisting of a nuk, bit holder, a cap lifter, a lanyard hole, and a belt loop key ring.
Thanks, Harvey!!

93MleEB.jpg

Just a couple of miles up the road from where I live, the city of Leeds melts into the countryside. Soon after the fields and woods appear, a vast tract of privately-owned land is encountered, enormous by British standards, which is the Harewood Estate. Most of the land in England is criss-crossed by ancient field-paths and trackways, which are historic 'Rights of Way', but Harewood has very few public footpaths, possibly because it has been in the ownership of the same family so long, though like many British country estates, it has 'charitable status' (tax relief). Since access is so limited, many local people perhaps fail to appreciate just how huge the estate is, but you can pay £15 to go and have a look at the big house. There is only really one public footpath of note, around the outskirts of the estate, with patrols, CCTV cameras, and signage to keep visitors on the 'straight and narrow'. I made sure to tug my forelock as I went through the big gates :rolleyes:

Great post, Jack! Lots of interesting info, and fantastic pics! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think I might change my name to Capability. :D I wonder if we’re related; can’t be that many Browns, can there? :confused:

Good morning Guardians and anyone else looking in.

0nBXjZ1.jpg

Good day Ed, interesting photo, what's going on there then? :)

Nothing of any importance Jack Jack Black Jack Black . I've been using them for mundane tasks and starting a patina on them and thought I'd sprinkle some dirt on them to get them used to the dirt they'll encounter outside here at my place and out at the stockyards. Quite a few Guardians don't use their Hartsheads and I just wanted to show that they are not fragile knives - they're working knives.

gXbs1Ic.jpg

RWUVulf.jpg

At least you didn’t leave ‘em on the roof of the shed! ;) :D

Good thinking Ed :) Yep, they're definitely made for using :) Hope you're having a good weekend my friend :thumbsup:

lsJuG5c.jpg

Jack, is that a picture of your hand after cleaning out the gunk from the blade well of a new Wright’s knife? :eek: ;)

Just kidding, of course, but I have had a few from them (regular production knives, not any of the Guardian’s knives that I can remember) that came with quite a bit of crud down in there. :D

Just had dessert ;)

bVTgpFi.jpg

I still have one of those left. Definitely a good dessert beer! :D

No new Lambsfoot photo today, so here’s one I’ve shared before.

jnrihlt.jpg

That’s the way Ebony is supposed to look! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment Les! :) Nice stag on that Lambsfoot! :) :thumbsup:

Jack, is that a picture of your hand after cleaning out the gunk from the blade well of a new Wright’s knife? :eek: ;)

Just kidding, of course, but I have had a few from them (regular production knives, not any of the Guardian’s knives that I can remember) that came with quite a bit of crud down in there. :D

jnrihlt.jpg
Good to see your Rosewood Hartshead again Barrett! :) :thumbsup:

Very interesting video Dan; thanks!:thumbsup:
Welcome Bill, the lock system of the Rideau Canal fascinates me.
(also I can't help but wonder if perhaps a British soldier or maybe one of the thousands of Irish laborers that worked on the canal could have carried a lambsfoot knife.)
Belated Happy Canada Day to you and our other Canadian brothers and sisters, Dan! Quite the celebratory shot, and a pleasant, peaceful vista. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you GT :)
Happy belated Fourth of July :thumbsup:

Stunning photos Dan, that lock could be here in England, the build looks to be just the same :) Of course, if you were here, you'd have had a damp day! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack :)

The locks and the whole system is an amazing engineering feat. It connects Kingston with Ottawa, 202 kilometres through some very unforgiving terrain. With no planes or aerial pictures I am in awe at how they were able to map it all and connect the different waterways. Halfway trough it at the highest point the waters actually flow into opposite directions ( to Kingston on one side and to Ottawa on the other )
Colonel John By who supervised its construction is a well known name around here. In fact he founded Bytown which later would become Ottawa.

Yesterday as we continue on our journey we lost cell signal. At one point I asked where I could go to buy some ice and groceries withing a walking distance as we were travelling by boat.
"Nowhere" I was told , " You are out in the boonies " :D

I realized how addicted to technology I've become, reaching for my phone so many times to check if I had a signal.

Here are some pics from Davis Lock ... out in the boonies :D

7ArlZfG.jpg

VV2w8op.jpg

JDWib38.jpg

IDEqyPm.jpg

Welcome to the Guardians! Looks like you got a good Stag Hartshead there.
Have a fun, safe 4th. :):thumbsup:
Thanks! A close call or two, but we made it, all digits intact :D

Welcome to the Guardians! :) That rare and beautiful Jack Black Hartshead Stag is quite the entrance! :thumbsup:
Thank you! I knew I'd love this knife, I just didn't know it'd be this much. Can't see it leaving my pocket any time soon.

Congratulations and welcome to the Guardians.
I can't believe somebody sold a Hartshead Barlow, they are truly special.
I really can't either, I thought it'd take a miracle to get one. Sure glad I did :cool:

Congratulations, and welcome to the Guardians :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack!

Busy day today. We've totally neglected our garden this year, and the weeds were taking over. We salvaged a pitiful harvest before solarizing all the the beds with cardboard and mulch. The Hartshead Barlow cut lots of cardboard, my first real use of it, and it performed wonderfully. The pumpkins and watermelons are still going strong, as are the tomatoes and cucumbers. Here's the results of our early summer planting, a few tiny onions and cabbages. :rolleyes:
20bWQUS.jpg

Hey there Guardians!

Just a quick hello before I head off to work.

I hope you’re all well.

Belated thanks for the kind comments Jack, Ron, GT, Harvey, Dennis, David and Barrett. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Leon, I’m glad that Waynorth LF is serving you well as a working knife.

TflZPLm.jpg

Whale watching in winter on the Humpback and Southern Right Whale migratory routes, which pass the Aussie coastline is a popular activity here.
ZSD6Oup.jpg

vD9fPKc.jpg

GtSI5AI.jpg

I hope all you Guardians in the US are having a great Independence Day weekend.

Last edited:
That’s the way Ebony is supposed to look! :thumbsup:

Beautiful stag!

She-Devil With A Lambsfoot! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Great post, Jack! Lots of interesting info, and fantastic pics! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think I might change my name to Capability. :D I wonder if we’re related; can’t be that many Browns, can there? :confused:

Thanks a lot Barrett :) While known as 'Capability' Brown, his actual first name was Lancelot! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Could be Barrett! :D I was looking for a photo showing my knife at work, and clicked on that one. However, after I'd posted it, I realised it was taken when I had been cleaning up my granddad's tankard (tankard discussion at the time), and I don't think my Hartshead Barlow helped out with that at all! o_O :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Yes indeed, they definitely need cleaning, oiling, and blowing out! :eek: :thumbsup:

I still have one of those left. Definitely a good dessert beer! :D

Lucky you :) That one was left from one of my Sam Smith's mixed cases, but I still have a case and a half of this one from Saltaire Brewery ;) :thumbsup:

EIj2JAD.jpg

jnrihlt.jpg

Still a great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Welcome Bill, the lock system of the Rideau Canal fascinates me.
(also I can't help but wonder if perhaps a British soldier or maybe one of the thousands of Irish laborers that worked on the canal could have carried a lambsfoot knife.)

I think it's more than likely ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack :)

The locks and the whole system is an amazing engineering feat. It connects Kingston with Ottawa, 202 kilometres through some very unforgiving terrain. With no planes or aerial pictures I am in awe at how they were able to map it all and connect the different waterways. Halfway trough it at the highest point the waters actually flow into opposite directions ( to Kingston on one side and to Ottawa on the other )
Colonel John By who supervised its construction is a well known name around here. In fact he founded Bytown which later would become Ottawa.

Absolutely incredible Dan, thanks for the link :cool: The feats of engineering are indeed something to be marvelled at, and those navvies certainly got stuck in! :thumbsup: Not far from where I live is this Five-Rise Lock, which always amazes me :)

vgs5LUA.jpg

Yesterday as we continue on our journey we lost cell signal. At one point I asked where I could go to buy some ice and groceries withing a walking distance as we were travelling by boat.
"Nowhere" I was told , " You are out in the boonies " :D

I realized how addicted to technology I've become, reaching for my phone so many times to check if I had a signal.

Here are some pics from Davis Lock ... out in the boonies :D

7ArlZfG.jpg

VV2w8op.jpg

JDWib38.jpg

IDEqyPm.jpg

Fantastic photos Dan, thanks for sharing them with us :) Have a fantastic time out in the boonies! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack!

Busy day today. We've totally neglected our garden this year, and the weeds were taking over. We salvaged a pitiful harvest before solarizing all the the beds with cardboard and mulch. The Hartshead Barlow cut lots of cardboard, my first real use of it, and it performed wonderfully. The pumpkins and watermelons are still going strong, as are the tomatoes and cucumbers. Here's the results of our early summer planting, a few tiny onions and cabbages. :rolleyes:
20bWQUS.jpg

Great pic of your Hartshead Barlow :) Nice to hear it's been getting some use, and is performing well :thumbsup:

Hey there Guardians!

Just a quick hello before I head off to work.

I hope you’re all well.

Belated thanks for the kind comments Jack, Ron, GT, Harvey, David and Barrett. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Leon, I’m glad that Waynorth LF is serving you well as a working knife.

TflZPLm.jpg

Great to see you here mate, your pic made me think of this! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Whale watching in winter on the Humpback and Southern Right Whale migratory routes, which pass the Aussie coastline is a popular activity here.
ZSD6Oup.jpg

vD9fPKc.jpg

GtSI5AI.jpg

I hope all you Guardians in the US are having a great Independence Day weekend.

Beautiful photos Chin, what a view! :cool: Hope you're keeping well my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians :) Hope everyone has had a great weekend, especially you folks in the USA. Start of another week, have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

WnpdkoR.jpg

Back