Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

It's a little late for breakfast :rolleyes:

Wd9LCm9.jpg

But then it's a bit early for snow! :eek:

FjrSU0m.jpg

Good evening guardians, Today is the anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of York, signed by King Henry 111 and King Alexander 11 of Scotland on the 25 September 1237. Thought it appropriate, considering the York connection to the Guardians. If any of these facts are factually incorrect, no correspondence will be entered into, and i will not be held legally responsible.o_O:)

Good evening guardians, Today is the anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of York, signed by King Henry 111 and King Alexander 11 of Scotland on the 25 September 1237. Thought it appropriate, considering the York connection to the Guardians. If any of these facts are factually incorrect, no correspondence will be entered into, and i will not be held legally responsible.o_O:)

The Southern border of the ancient kingdom of Northumbria was the River Sheaf, from which Sheffield takes its name :thumbsup:

eZwyyGp.jpg

Fabulous photo Dwight, and an impressive-looking pipe
Thanks pal.

Hi Dwight, I had a similar mug for many years, my favorite by far ever. It was in the break room of the ICU I used to work as nurse. On many long 12 hours night shift it accompany helping me stay awake. When I left that job I brought it home and used it for a few more years.
Sadly, just recently, it cracked
I hate to hear you lost such a fine companion. They are definitely twins.

Assembled the model "car" and gave my HHB a ride. Good way to pass the time during the Covid lockdown. Everything on this model works; suspension,
engine (power from rubber bands), steering, etc.
View attachment 1424867
Very cool hotrod Bill.

The Southern border of the ancient kingdom of Northumbria was the River Sheaf, from which Sheffield takes its name
I love this kind of info. :cool:

IMG_2370.jpeg

@donn This is a " Vanilla Slice ".:p:thumbsup:
got myself a tasty treat
8aPsVDb.jpg

I did like Annette Funicello's Micky Mouse Club sweater.
I put it to our esteemed member, that you sir, had no interest what so ever in Miss Funicello's sweater, that all your interest lay in it's contents, allegedly.:p:p:p.
Hope everyone has a good and safe weekend.:):thumbsup:

Jack, what did you just say ?
The “s” word ?
GO rinse your mouth ..... please
( the “please” is because I am a polite Canadian :D )

Oops! :eek: Sorry Dan, I am just rinsing my mouth out with tea! :D Is that a Canadian thing, like actors not saying 'Macbeth'? Do you say something else instead? We certainly had some unusual weather here yesterday :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Fantastic photo Dwight :) :thumbsup:

@donn This is a " Vanilla Slice ".:p:thumbsup:

8aPsVDb.jpg

Mmmmmmm :) :thumbsup:

Hi fellow Guardians :)

Brought my ebony lamb to our last camping adventure of the year.

Setting camp earlier today at Murphys Point Provincial Park in a very nice and heavily wooded area.

oKiVNnU.jpg

AfAHmGA.jpg

That looks like a full-scale expedition Dan! :D Have a wonderful time my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hoping the weather settles down a bit for my walk tomorrow, I certainly don't want to get hit by any golf-ball size hail-stones! :eek: Or golf-balls! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

zuT8gyo.jpg

Most of the trees are completely green here, but a few leaves are starting to fall, and also, on my street, I need to look out for falling conkers! :eek: These are bigger than golf-balls and spiked! :eek: Half my street is lined with horse-chestnut trees, and hundreds of conkers rain down every year. At one time, armies of school-boys would arrive to grab up the inedible brown 'nuts' like treasure, but today, they just sit in the road until they're crushed under the wheels of passing cars :( I'm definitely wearing a hat! :D It might even be time to get my beloved tweed flat-cap out :) :thumbsup:

Have a great Friday Guardians, the weekend is almost upon us :) :thumbsup:

YwKyEDO.jpg

Dry off, Ed!! Ironwood can vary from plainer than you show, to very wild burls, with very dark feature! I like the no-nonsense straight grain you show!!:thumbsup:
@Modoc ED I am posting my Ironwood, from when i got it to now. The last 2 posts are after i cleaned it a couple of weeks ago, You can never tell properly from pics, especially with my lack of photography skills.But you will get the general idea, after carrying it, the wood has really darkened and you can hardly see any grain pattern in the wood. When i cleaned it, the amount of surface grease and gunk that came off was amazing, and that is just from sweat and oils from my hand. You both have a good weekend.

Fp2rwtU.jpg

XIAADrO.jpg

m82DJyj.jpg

gWDI6wl.jpg

:thumbsup:

What happened Dave? :confused: That photo still looks pretty good to me :) :thumbsup:

Raining here too Ron :( That's a good use of a wet day though my friend :) Gorgeous horn on your '17 :cool: :thumbsup:

I remember my girls going through the same phase Dan :rolleyes:

Always sad when you lose an old friend like that :( :thumbsup:

That's very cool Bill, well done :thumbsup: At the start of the lockdown, I had a whole load of projects I thought could occupy my time, but I haven't had time to do most of them yet :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

I've never seen mate made in a press before (and most of the friends I have who drink it regularly are French)! Good idea :) Cool mug too! :D :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Funny how some things stick in your head - and (in my case) others don't :rolleyes: I had to look up Natasha Fatale! :D Well, I know what to get you for Christmas! :D ;) :thumbsup:

dhm1054sm.jpg

Looks like a cousin of Charlie's example :D Looking good Kevin :) :thumbsup:

I hope everyone is having a good day. Been pretty wet here in Yorkshire :eek: :thumbsup:

AGfr8HS.jpg

YR07I0b.jpg

xnaCJrN.jpg

0I1JAcl.jpg

f3Q1Vid.jpg
Sorry you had such a rainy day at the market Jack.:( The apple Danish pastry looks yummy. Great shots of your stag HHB too.:D Regarding my project; my brother sent to me the model car and it was a laser cut plywood model. Very interesting project and fun to do. Thanks for your kind words my friend.:thumbsup:

Back