Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I also just ordered a stag "pruner handle" lambsfoot! It says they are making them as ordered so it will be a 4-6 week wait but its ordered!!

I had to rescue this thread from page 2 :eek:!

I've been carrying this ol' Deakin with me today - the pocket worn bone is a marvel in the hand. Recent discussions made me think on this a bit - this is the one Lambsfoot I own that exhibits a significant amount of blade cant and for whatever reason, it does not seem to bother me too much. For a smaller frame, it feels pretty "right" in hand.

bt6IhUZ.jpg

I've been carrying this ol' Deakin with me today - the pocket worn bone is a marvel in the hand. Recent discussions made me think on this a bit - this is the one Lambsfoot I own that exhibits a significant amount of blade cant and for whatever reason, it does not seem to bother me too much. For a smaller frame, it feels pretty "right" in hand.

bt6IhUZ.jpg
Beautiful knife Dylan, tons of character, nicely photographed.:thumbsup:;)

I also just ordered a stag "pruner handle" lambsfoot! It says they are making them as ordered so it will be a 4-6 week wait but its ordered!!

I hope you get a nice one :thumbsup:

Well well well, finally found my HHB:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. Sure missed this fine piece of cutlery:). Been using it on boxes, etc. Touched it up a bit on the stone and stropped it to a keen edge. Now on to the next bit of work.:D
View attachment 1553840

About time Bill! :p :D Good to hear you have it to hand again buddy, it's looking good :) :thumbsup:

bt6IhUZ.jpg

Thanks Dylan :eek: :thumbsup: Good to see you here mate, and that great pic of your Deakin, that's some beautiful bone :) :thumbsup:

This knife just begs to be carried! Love it.
View attachment 1553926

Looking good my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going well so far :) Duller here today, and we have some rain forecast - which saves me watering my neighbours' garden! :D ;) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

Xu90xUB.jpg

yXaCA37.jpg

After having seen all of your pictures for years I finally bit the bullet and bought one to try out, and I'm extremely impressed. It's almost perfect. Just a small gap on one side, but other than that almost as clean as some of the GEC knives and 1/4th the price. I will say it has easily the stiffest spring I own. 9.5 if not a solid 10. And it had some of the biggest crud come out will cleaning it up! :eek: look at those massive slivers of brass. But even with that the walk and talk is great.

yXaCA37.jpg

After having seen all of your pictures for years I finally bit the bullet and bought one to try out, and I'm extremely impressed. It's almost perfect. Just a small gap on one side, but other than that almost as clean as some of the GEC knives and 1/4th the price. I will say it has easily the stiffest spring I own. 9.5 if not a solid 10. And it had some of the biggest crud come out will cleaning it up! :eek: look at those massive slivers of brass. But even with that the walk and talk is great.

Welcome to the Guardians! :) Hopefully, the spring will ease a little with use :thumbsup:

That's actually nickel silver rather than brass - it's just that the cheapest nickel silver is mostly brass! There's certainly no silver in it :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

My Ram’s Horn TEW lambfoot, flushed and worked it in warm soapy water, flushed with WD40, oiled it and it still has very poor action, but it sure does look nice. I think an email to Mr. Fisher may be in order.:)
View attachment 1554048

It DOES look nice :) That's a shame about the action (and the grind). I really think it's improper that customers have to mess around so much with contemporary Sheffield knives. After all, many folks buy a knife as a gift or souvenir, when they visit Sheffield, for example. They don't know anything about flushing out the joints, or whatever, and they shouldn't have to :( :thumbsup:

It DOES look nice :) That's a shame about the action (and the grind). I really think it's improper that customers have to mess around so much with contemporary Sheffield knives. After all, many folks buy a knife as a gift or souvenir, when they visit Sheffield, for example. They don't know anything about flushing out the joints, or whatever, and they shouldn't have to :( :thumbsup:
Agreed, I’m taking your advice Jack. I’m going to contact Mr. Fisher and just let him know and show him some pictures. Don’t know what they will do if anything, but I’m not sending it back again, already have half the value in shipping costs, not putting any more into it.

Agreed, I’m taking your advice Jack. I’m going to contact Mr. Fisher and just let him know and show him some pictures. Don’t know what they will do if anything, but I’m not sending it back again, already have half the value in shipping costs, not putting any more into it.

Be sure to keep us all in the loop Todd :thumbsup: You had to pay the shipping costs??!! :eek: What is up with these people?! :mad:

Finally got mine also yesterday! My first A.Wright & Son Lambfoot!

However, all was not well.

When I received it the blade was about as proud as shown here. This is mocked up but I swear it may have even been more proud. The kick was just way too tall.
kVXH9Ti.jpg

After a little bit of filing...voila!
qUYwYnV.jpg

Tada!
nsjW6tH.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got mine also yesterday! My first A.Wright & Son Lambfoot!

However, all was not well.

When I received it the blade was about as proud as shown here. This is mocked up but I swear it may have even been more proud. The kick was just way too tall.
kVXH9Ti.jpg

After a little a little bit of filing...voila!
qUYwYnV.jpg

Tada!
nsjW6tH.jpg

Welcome to the Guardians Ken, and well done on dropping that point into the frame :thumbsup: It says a lot about the lack of QC at the factory that that was sent out o_O How is it otherwise? :thumbsup:

Welcome to the Guardians Ken, and well done on dropping that point into the frame :thumbsup: It says a lot about the lack of QC at the factory that that was sent out o_O How is it otherwise? :thumbsup:

euroken euroken and TheJon TheJon , if you'd like to be added to the international Guardians map, please PM @btb01 :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack!

I don't know if I qualify for that honor yet :D It looks like there is a lot of responsibility lol.

I will PM @btb01 regardless as I don't think this will be my last lamb(s)foot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you Jack!

I don't know if I qualify for that honor yet :D It looks like there is a lot of responsibility lol.

I will PM @btb01 regardless as I don't think this will be my last lamb(s)foot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's a very responsible job being a Guardian Ken ;) :thumbsup:

Back