Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Lounging with nature on a cloudy day...

nNKDXDx.jpg

Doing well Jack, hope the same for you. I am a regular lurker these days :) Just don't have much to say most of the time.
Getting by thanks Duane :) I'm glad we've not lost you completely! :D Seeing you post here is always a treat, so I hope it won't be long until you're back again my friend :) :thumbsup:
Lounging with nature on a cloudy day...

nNKDXDx.jpg
Very nice Ken :) :thumbsup:
39Xjwrw.jpg
Good evening, folks. I’m having a wee dram with some good company.
Fab pic Dylan, you've got all the makings of a nice evening there :) :thumbsup:
6aFCCF0.jpeg

My gourmet breakfast courtesy of the US army.:rolleyes:
Ouch! :eek: I hope lunch is better Jon :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK. On Thursdays, I am usually down in the market by this time, but with my pal having tested positive for Covid, he's self-isolating for the next 10 days, so obviously isn't standing. I reckon I have more than enough hand-tools, but I'll miss the cake and company :D I do need to go to the post office, and pick up some shopping, so I'll be passing through the market at some point, just to say hello to everyone. First though, I'm getting the clippers out for a scalping! :D Back with my Hartshead Barlow today, have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

e1S9dff.jpg

Great to see your Sheldon Knife again Kevin :thumbsup:

Very nice Bill :) :thumbsup:

Great shot, really wonderful stag on this one!!
Thanks gents for the kind words. Well, the rain has let up and maybe we can have some clearing today with some sun. Uhhhh, no. Looked again and the rain has begun. Starting to feel like I'm living in Great Britain (no offense Jack) but this is getting old.

Guardians! Have a great day. I know things are going to be great today because I have my HHB with me today.
IMG_3166.JPG

Don't worry lunch was much better as was dinner, of course I'm sure that had nothing to do with the visiting 4 star general. 🤔
Some coincidence eh Jon?! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks gents for the kind words. Well, the rain has let up and maybe we can have some clearing today with some sun. Uhhhh, no. Looked again and the rain has begun. Starting to feel like I'm living in Great Britain (no offense Jack) but this is getting old.

Guardians! Have a great day. I know things are going to be great today because I have my HHB with me today.
View attachment 1645958
No offence taken Bill! :D The weather has been good here this past week, but it won't be long until the rain cometh. About 20 years ago, I put up a young American kid who was visiting for a while. I forget where he was from, but it was somewhere where rain wasn't common. When it got to this time of year, and it rained, he thought it was something unusual, and I had to break it to him that was it for the next 9 months! :eek: ;) Hope you'll get some better weather for the weekend my friend, your Hartshead Barlow is looking fine as wine ;) :thumbsup:

I've just got back from my trip to town. Boy, has overseas postage gone up here this past year, I'd say it's more than doubled! :eek: I spent a bit of time on the market, chatting to the other traders, and did some shopping. The only thing I bought on the market was this facsimile edition of an old boxing tome, I'll probably give it my pal who runs a boxing club :thumbsup:

VMXA3xG.jpg

sEh64aZ.jpg

Some coincidence eh Jon?! :D ;) :thumbsup:

No offence taken Bill! :D The weather has been good here this past week, but it won't be long until the rain cometh. About 20 years ago, I put up a young American kid who was visiting for a while. I forget where he was from, but it was somewhere where rain wasn't common. When it got to this time of year, and it rained, he thought it was something unusual, and I had to break it to him that was it for the next 9 months! :eek: ;) Hope you'll get some better weather for the weekend my friend, your Hartshead Barlow is looking fine as wine ;) :thumbsup:

I've just got back from my trip to town. Boy, has overseas postage gone up here this past year, I'd say it's more than doubled! :eek: I spent a bit of time on the market, chatting to the other traders, and did some shopping. The only thing I bought on the market was this facsimile edition of an old boxing tome, I'll probably give it my pal who runs a boxing club :thumbsup:

VMXA3xG.jpg

sEh64aZ.jpg
Single-stick!
o2cdPAe.jpg

Single-stick!
o2cdPAe.jpg
Cool! :cool: It was the single-stick info which was the clincher for the purchase :D ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks! After scrolling all these pages, i had to buy a Lambsfoot! I'll give it a good cleaning tonight, it will help for sure!
Good choice! :D The trick is to get plenty of oil into the joint, work the blade backwards and forwards, then blow air through the joint. I usually start with the blade about 45 degrees off fully-open. Re-oil, then blow the joint out again, with the blade at various angles. If you put a cloth or kitchen towel behind, you'll see all the gunk come out, and when the oil comes out clear - and hopefully avoid the need to re-decorate! :D :thumbsup:

Back