Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Behold the Lambsfoot!
43183447190_de76fe8737_o.jpg

43183447030_d85fbf3c83_o.jpg

It arrived today!
Very impressed so far. The stag is beautiful, and the knife came with a decent edge on it. May wait a few days before I cut anything acidic with it. Want to enjoy the shiny blade for now. But I plan to carry this often. My Case medium stockman and Case mini trapper went back in the cigar box for now. Looking forward to using this.

I guess I am officially now a Guardian of the Lambsfoot!
Jack, you can PM me the secret handshake and oath, and please let me know where I can order my Guardians ring from.
31122415588_79fb9856f4_o.jpg

Behold the Lambsfoot!

It arrived today!
Very impressed so far. The stag is beautiful, and the knife came with a decent edge on it. May wait a few days before I cut anything acidic with it. Want to enjoy the shiny blade for now. But I plan to carry this often. My Case medium stockman and Case mini trapper went back in the cigar box for now. Looking forward to using this.

Jack, you can PM me the secret handshake and oath, and please let me know where I can order my Guardians ring from.
Congratulations Brother! You are now part of the Loyal Order of the Lambsfoot Lodge. :thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D Your decoder ring will be forwarded shortly. :p

Behold the Lambsfoot!

It arrived today!

CONGRATS! And welcome to the Guardians!!!

Jack have a nice hike :thumbsup: I would love that ole "Trials Cub"

Oooommm :p I have gained some patience over the past shipments as for unknown reasons they take up too 8 weeks to arrive :confused:
In the meantime, I will carry my 2018 ebony :D
View attachment 994195

Thanks Dave, had a great hike in fine weather :) Took the Kelly Kelly out and had lunch in the woods - added flint and steel practice ;) :D :thumbsup:

Hope your ACL arrives this coming week my friend, great pic of your ebony '18 :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like we're all in the same boat. My package has been sitting in the Chicago facility for 10 days now. I received one from northern Finland not long ago in less than a week. But I am cool ... for I am Weedhopper. :cool:

Hope yours gets to you soon Dwight :thumbsup:

Behold the Lambsfoot!

It arrived today!

Welcome to the Guardians! ;) I'm glad it made it safe and sound :) Thanks for the great pics :thumbsup:

Another package on its way tomorrow ;) :thumbsup:

I have plenty to do in the house today, so don't think I'm going to be going far. Still need a Lambsfoot or two of course ;) Beauty and the Beast :D :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday :) Enjoy using your Lambsfoot knives Guardians :thumbsup:

I thought you folks might be interested in a couple of pics from my walk yesterday :) This ancient market cross and stocks are virtually all that remains of the village of Clint in North Yorkshire. Now there are just a few cottages, but in the Middle Ages, Clint was nationally famous for the manufacture of riding spurs :thumbsup:

I thought you folks might be interested in a couple of pics from my walk yesterday :) This ancient market cross and stocks are virtually all that remains of the village of Clint in North Yorkshire. Now there are just a few cottages, but in the Middle Ages, Clint was nationally famous for the manufacture of riding spurs :thumbsup:

I love all your travel pictures. The history of the U.S. is so short compared to other places, so it's fun to see pictures of such old things still standing.

I love all your travel pictures. The history of the U.S. is so short compared to other places, so it's fun to see pictures of such old things still standing.

Thank you very much :) We have almost as much old stuff as we do rain here! :D Here's the first castle of the day ;) :thumbsup:

When I was a lad, there were still tales told in Texas of the western spurs of the East wood of Clint.

LOL! :D I almost fell off my chair then Bart! :D Very good :thumbsup:

I’ve never posted in this thread before, but I occasionally peruse it. About 6 months ago, I purchased a large horn and small stag swayback lambfoot. Since I haven’t really kept up on the thread, I ordered directly from the Famous Sheffield knife shop online.

Here’s a picture of the stag.
9ktnih.jpg

I’ve carried it several times off and on since I got it and really came to love the design with the chunky handle. Perfect size really.

Last week I decided to order a few more from the Famous Sheffield shop. After I placed my order, I shifted through this thread, looking for photos of the knives I ordered. Yes, a backwards way of doing things.... also realized that Jack recently had an awesome SFO that I completely missed.

One of the knives I ordered is the Senator. Along with the ridiculous name, I became convinced that I would be receiving a knife with 3rd rate 2nd cut stag on a knife resembling a pregnant guppy.

I placed the order last Monday evening and got a notice that it was mailed on Tuesday. Saturday morning there was a knock on my door and there was the envelope! Couldn’t believe the incredible speed of that delivery!

Here’s what came:
qx3uq1.jpg

vctr8o.jpg

2qa35sn.jpg

wlvxq1.jpg

2ahdv2v.jpg

5vwydk.jpg

Maybe it’s just a happy accident, but I’m very pleased with all of the stag that they’ve sent my way. Buying sight unseen is a crapshoot although I did name drop Jack Black Jack Black Maybe they knew they’d have to answer to him!

Aside from the huge globs of polishing compound gunking them up, they are great! Very pleased! I must say that I’m not all that impressed with their horn though. My two examples almost completely lack character. Wish they had more of the golden stuff.

At any rate, I would say fear not from ordering from the Famous Sheffield Shop.

The lambfoot knives feel more like forum knives to me than the official forum knives. Thanks for creating this great thread dedicated to a pattern I never would have known about before.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

I think the Guardians have been responsible for some pioneering work on horn shrinkage, particularly Greg @WhittlinAway with his special anti-shrinkage formula :) Shrinkage is more or less taken for granted on older knives, but I am now wondering if even that can be reversed :) :thumbsup:
I was thinking about how horn is made mostly of keratin. Perhaps a good creme rinse hair conditioner would be a good way to moisturize it. :confused:
I agree, Jack. :thumbsup::cool: I've picked up lots of good ideas to try, and Rachel just came up with another promising conjecture. :):thumbsup: I like the idea that Guardians can also be mad scientists! :D:p

View attachment 993166
I don't think you can see it in this picture, but I've got a faint patina going from cutting up a pear and a couple of avacados yesterday. That little divot swirl at the butt of the knife has become my thumb-rubbing spot when the knife is closed.
View attachment 995005

This one again today. Can't keep it out my pocket.
That swirl at the butt of the mark side, and the long deep channel on the pile side are really distinctive and delightful characteristics of your ACL, Joshua!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I like your relatively new signature pic, too. :cool::cool: Will it be alternating with the double lambsfoot previous version? I'd love to see a comparison shot of your "flock" if you ever feel like taking such a photo. :):thumbsup:

It's a very warm and sunny day here today, hope we're going to get a few more like this :)

Jack's ACL, streaming live!! ;):thumbsup::D

I never buy a pint without processing first to Pomp and Circumstance.:D
:D:D I do the same thing each evening when I go to the basement fridge to get a bottle of beer as my supper beverage. My wife (and daughter, when present) rolls her eyes. :p

Friday's here! :) Hope everyone has had a good week :thumbsup:

View attachment 993726
Your 2018 Guardians Ebony has significantly more attractive wood than the rest of the timber in that photo, Jack! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well, I've finally made it through 398 pages! Now I'm ready for my first lambsfoot to arrive. It's been 10 days since it shipped. I'm afraid patience is not one of my virtues!
Reading all 0.4K pages of the thread in a concentrated time period qualifies as "the patience of Job" in my book, PJohn!! :thumbsup:;)

Behold the Lambsfoot!

It arrived today!

I'm beholding, and I'm duly impressed, PJohn!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on the fine stag lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::cool: From now on, I'll think of you as PJGOTL (Prester John, Guardian of the Lambsfoot). ;)

dc50 dc50 & Fodderwing Fodderwing , I hope your ACLs show up soon! They're definitely worth waiting for! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Great-looking patina GT :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) That pic was taken at the end of January, so the patina has morphed somewhat over the intervening months! :cool::cool:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday :) Enjoy using your Lambsfoot knives Guardians :thumbsup:
That's a lovely lambsfoot, Jack, :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: but I'm apparently having a "senior moment" and can't remember its history. :( Any brief hints you're able to provide?

Those stocks boggle my mind! :eek: What kind of wood is used for the two horizontal pieces? The wood in the photo certainly doesn't date back centuries, does it?? :confused:

When I was a lad, there were still tales told in Texas of the western spurs of the East wood of Clint.
:D:thumbsup::D

Thank you very much :) We have almost as much old stuff as we do rain here! :D Here's the first castle of the day ;) :thumbsup:

Picture perfect, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Are your leaves turning colors already?

I’ve never posted in this thread before, but I occasionally peruse it. About 6 months ago, I purchased a large horn and small stag swayback lambfoot. Since I haven’t really kept up on the thread, I ordered directly from the Famous Sheffield knife shop online.

Here’s a picture of the stag.
9ktnih.jpg

I’ve carried it several times off and on since I got it and really came to love the design with the chunky handle. Perfect size really.

Last week I decided to order a few more from the Famous Sheffield shop. After I placed my order, I shifted through this thread, looking for photos of the knives I ordered. Yes, a backwards way of doing things.... also realized that Jack recently had an awesome SFO that I completely missed.

One of the knives I ordered is the Senator. Along with the ridiculous name, I became convinced that I would be receiving a knife with 3rd rate 2nd cut stag on a knife resembling a pregnant guppy.

I placed the order last Monday evening and got a notice that it was mailed on Tuesday. Saturday morning there was a knock on my door and there was the envelope! Couldn’t believe the incredible speed of that delivery!

Here’s what came:
qx3uq1.jpg

wlvxq1.jpg

5vwydk.jpg

Maybe it’s just a happy accident, but I’m very pleased with all of the stag that they’ve sent my way. Buying sight unseen is a crapshoot although I did name drop Jack Black Jack Black Maybe they knew they’d have to answer to him!

Aside from the huge globs of polishing compound gunking them up, they are great! Very pleased! I must say that I’m not all that impressed with their horn though. My two examples almost completely lack character. Wish they had more of the golden stuff.

At any rate, I would say fear not from ordering from the Famous Sheffield Shop.

The lambfoot knives feel more like forum knives to me than the official forum knives. Thanks for creating this great thread dedicated to a pattern I never would have known about before.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!
Congrats on some awesome stag lambs foots, draggat draggat !! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I won a Wright Senator in a GAW several years ago. Mine is similar to yours, but yours has much nicer stag than mine. Mine has OK stag on one side, as shown below, but the other side is relatively anemic. (I'm on record as being quite indiscriminate when it comes to stag, though. :rolleyes:)
My two stag lambsfoot knives:
MJ&CJ.onend.jpg

- GT

I'm beholding, and I'm duly impressed, PJohn!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Congrats on the fine stag lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::cool: From now on, I'll think of you as PJGOTL (Prester John, Guardian of the Lambsfoot). ;)
Thanks, Gary!
That does sound good; Prester John was a legendary ruler (king & priest) in medieval times.

Back