Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Well now, I'm just plain happier than this guy (the legendary Porto) with my long awaited and newly welcomed Ironwood model!!!
Subtle complex beauty on the front, with racing stripes on the back, a mighty fine knife!!!
Great to see others arriving in the past few days as well.
I am at the far left in the group picture.

View attachment 1074118

View attachment 1074121
That's just crazy!! ....the hair, not the knife! The Lamb is a beauty!!:thumbsup:

Well now, I'm just plain happier than this guy (the legendary Porto) with my long awaited and newly welcomed Ironwood model!!!
Subtle complex beauty on the front, with racing stripes on the back, a mighty fine knife!!!

View attachment 1074118

View attachment 1074121
Good for you! :thumbsup: It's a really fine looking Lambsfoot :thumbsup::D

Home at last, home at last!! The doorbell rang at noon, and my sweetie signed for the package!!
Wet, because it's been drizzling all morning,:eek: but well packaged, so dry inside!!:rolleyes: Phew!! Took out my trusty old C.Johnson, to make some judicious cuts, and behold, out popped some tin cans!!:D
View attachment 1074019 View attachment 1074020 View attachment 1074021 View attachment 1074022
View attachment 1074024
Now I just have to figure out where they go in the big picture!!View attachment 1074023
What a trio treat! Congratulations!:eek:

32091059707_ac8a7e7900_b.jpg

Pile side.

Home at last, home at last!! The doorbell rang at noon, and my sweetie signed for the package!!
Wet, because it's been drizzling all morning,:eek: but well packaged, so dry inside!!:rolleyes: Phew!! Took out my trusty old C.Johnson, to make some judicious cuts, and behold, out popped some tin cans!!:D
View attachment 1074024
Now I just have to figure out where they go in the big picture!!
iron-4-jpg.1074024

The Three Amigos - Grats, Charlie :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lookin' GOOD!!

Fenrir - gettin' ready for the weekly Fri. afternoon Pinochle game ;)

View attachment 1073800

Looks like a winning hand ;) :thumbsup:

My new Guardians Knife arrived yesterday! I have to admit I was starting to get a little anxious. What a beauty!! Thank you for making this possible Jack! I know a lot of time and energy was spent on making this a reality.

Fit and finish is excellent. This is probably the tightest A. Wright knife ive come across so far. Definitely built for work.

I’m really looking forward to watching this one age. The ribbons of gold almost sparkle in the sunlight.

95wz2p.jpg

14n0939.jpg

Circled mine...
dc5tn5.jpg

I'm glad it made it, thank you for the kind words :) Those are splendid photos, and thanks for identifying it :) :thumbsup:

I believe this maybe a lambsfoot

View attachment 1073717
I believe it may be! :eek: Please tell us more about it :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1073921
Still trying to figure out how to quote

My understanding is this is Jared Oeser’s modern interpretation of a sheepsfoot blade. However, the edge tapers towards the tip. Carbon fiber covers with G10 shield and liners. Super light, good walk and talk, perfect fit and finish. I’m usually more of a traditional materials person but fell in love with the blade on this one. My first but not last lambsfoot.

Just click the 'Quote' button, (you can quote from multiple posts), then click the 'Insert Quotes' box which appears below the box where you write your post/reply. Then click 'Quote these messages' :thumbsup:

The point is a little blunter, but it looks like Jared has reinvented the Lambsfoot ;) I'm seeing the blade on a lot of modern folders and fixed-blades too, sometimes referred to as a 'Reverse Tanto', seems folks realise how useful it is, but not what it is called :D May you have many more Lambsfoot knives ;) :thumbsup:

I've had a better chance to check out my first lambsfoot. I like this knife a lot :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: It feels great in the hand and has good weight to it.
Hope you all have a great weekend :)
View attachment 1073943

Great pic :) The Ironwood definitely gives these knives a little more heft :thumbsup:

It was definitely an agonizing wait! Earlier yesterday I actually checked to make sure I sent Jack the correct mailing address!

Thanks for the compliments! I’m definitely enjoying it!

You wouldn't have been the first! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Lol :D BFO will be remembered and branded for life.

He OUGHT to be branded! :mad: ;) :thumbsup:

No need to feel too bad, I'm right there with ya. Each day I go out to see whether or not the package has arrived yet.

Hope you gets yours soon :thumbsup:

View attachment 1074019 View attachment 1074020 View attachment 1074021 View attachment 1074022
View attachment 1074024
Now I just have to figure out where they go in the big picture!!View attachment 1074023

Congratulations Charlie :) Fitting that your C.Johnson opened the package :) :thumbsup:

In the pic above, the left one is right under, and in line with "Daschal".
The middle one is two to the Right of "Lambertiana's".
The right one in my pic might be the upper right one in Jack's pic!? (hard to tell?!)

Charlie, that's the way I saw them.

Thanks guys, let me know if I don't get it right :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone!! I was getting worried!!:(
Two of them are promised, so I might have to roll the dice to see which one to keep!!
These knives are great. F & F is at the top of what I expect from Wright's, and they are improving for sure!! Walk and talk is loud:eek: (you need good nails!) and smooth across the three!!
Nice work from Wright, and great job from Jack!!:thumbsup:

Thanks Charlie :) Hard choice my friend :thumbsup:

It took a little searching but it was well worth it as I was able to review some FANTASTIC pics and posts by those who make the Guardians of The Lambsfoot so extraordinary and remarkable.
I really recommend that all who frequent these pages take some time and take a look at some "pages gone by".
I feel you will find it, as I did, to be time well spent and a very entertaining, educational and rewarding experience.
OG

I'd second that recommendation :) I think I've been through the thread 3 times now, and it's a great read - and I learn stuff I've forgotten! :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 1074118

View attachment 1074121

I'm glad you've finally received it my friend :) Great pic! :D :thumbsup:

Here's the updated Class of 2019 :thumbsup:

fRRGC3a.jpg

32091059707_ac8a7e7900_b.jpg

Pile side.

Looking good on the other side Vince ;) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, great to see this thread cracking along, and more folks receiving their 2019 Guardians knives :) No hike for me today, as I have stuff to do in the house :( Hoping I can at least get out for a bit of exercise later, with my AC in tow :) Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :thumbsup:

ffMMBlB.jpg

Morning Guardians! Some nice rainbow patina to start the weekend ;)
The sun is still here, the weather has been amazing the last few days (but the difference in temperature between the frozen mornings and the hot afternoons is scary - something like 20°C :eek:). Feels like Spring already!

OEfXDot.jpg

Morning Guardians! Some nice rainbow patina to start the weekend ;)
The sun is still here, the weather has been amazing the last few days (but the difference in temperature between the frozen mornings and the hot afternoons is scary - something like 20°C :eek:). Feels like Spring already!

OEfXDot.jpg

Fantastic pic Mescladis :thumbsup: That IS a big temperature difference :eek: Sounds like you're enjoying the sunshine though :) :thumbsup:

I get through quite a lot of notebooks, and generally use the Field Notes standard brown notebook, which among other things, has a useful 6 inch rule printed in the inside back cover. When I'm hiking I generally carry a waterproof 'Rite in the Rain' notebook, but saw some waterproof Field Notes ones yesterday, and thought I'd give them a try. For some reason, they have replaced the inches with centimetres! :eek: :(

eFwnYeA.jpg

For some reason, they have replaced the inches with centimetres! :eek: :(
Ew.
Though I might lay out my fretboard in mm rather than tiny inch fractions.
I'll start like this, with the neck and body flush, and apply a fingerboard later if I feel the need. Like if I irremediably mess up the first try on the frets.
h4rffPp.jpg

Last edited:
I have been looking at all your pictures of ironwood lambs with increasing envy. I could stand it no more, so I decided to dive over the Pennines this morning to the fair city of Sheffield to see if I could scratch the itch. Managed to pick up a splendid Wright lambsfoot in ebony. Am very happy. The only downside is that I have seen a couple of others that I have added to the rather large already want list! I must have had twenty knives in hand whilst in the shop, all Sheffield made, and I must say the fit and finish off them all was really good. IIMG_20190216_125005-756x1008.jpg IMG_20190216_125124_crop_1008x455.jpg was very impressed. Cheers fellas.

View attachment 1074118

View attachment 1074121
A mighty fine knife indeed! :thumbsup: Congratulations herder! :)

I finally have viewed a pic of mine! Its thetone at the top between OG's and Piston and Gears. I had it sent to a friend who is in the U.K. It was delivered to him 2 days after Jack received themt but his father needed emergency surgery so understandably knife pics waited. To quote my friend "I think it's sterling work and very high quality". Can't wait for it to arrive in frozen Winnipeg. Thanks Jack. Even the most resized photos sent are too large to post so photos of mine must wait

I have been looking at all your pictures of ironwood lambs with increasing envy. I could stand it no more, so I decided to dive over the Pennines this morning to the fair city of Sheffield to see if I could scratch the itch. Managed to pick up a splendid Wright lambsfoot in ebony. Am very happy. The only downside is that I have seen a couple of others that I have added to the rather large already want list! I must have had twenty knives in hand whilst in the shop, all Sheffield made, and I must say the fit and finish off them all was really good. IView attachment 1074207 View attachment 1074208 was very impressed. Cheers fellas.

A good day's work! :) That's a nice one :thumbsup:

Back