Gun Stuff (what to get)

Mika’s pocket holsters are the very best.

A retired LEO he makes each one by hand made to fit the gun, and the pocket. I’ve had dozens of different ones all are outstanding.
THIS. I was going to make the recommendation.... but eveled beat me to it. I have 4 of these, all for separate guns. With the right pockets... you can conceal even a Ruger SP101. (Duluth Trading Co.)

THIS. I was going to make the recommendation.... but eveled beat me to it. I have 4 of these, all for separate guns. With the right pockets... you can conceal even a Ruger SP101. (Duluth Trading Co.)

I'm looking into it now. Thanks.

Well, you added the capacity to the shotty, which was gonna be my call.

Was gonna say Boots after that, as that's where I buy my Salomon's... but your size is a challenge alright.

Lemme just say that you are better off than most folks in the firearm department, Bruddah. Enviable pile there.

Get ammo and magazines that hold more than 6 rounds whilst you can, I'll shoot that out there.

Happy shopping!

Well, you added the capacity to the shotty, which was gonna be my call.

Was gonna say Boots after that, as that's where I buy my Salomon's... but your size is a challenge alright.

Lemme just say that you are better off than most folks in the firearm department, Bruddah. Enviable pile there.

Get ammo and magazines that hold more than 6 rounds whilst you can, I'll shoot that out there.

Happy shopping!

Thanks man. That's just the top of the pile. My paternal grandfather died in October 1996, my senior year of high school. He left me all his guns. My aunt stole one of them before I could transport them. It was his WWII Colt 1911. I was named after him, he had it engraved with our name on it, and it was supposed to be my high school graduation present. Instead my aunt took it, and gave it to her son for college graduation. In all those years, he has not shot it once. Blasphemy!

I'm trying to work up the courage to ask to buy it from him. He lives in Virginia, but he comes here to Chicago occasionally to see his mom and brother. I'm gonna restore it and use it. He has plenty of guns anyway--he is an agent supervisor for the FBI in D.C.

My maternal step-grandfather taught me to shoot when I was 8, and we often shot at his property in Galveston. 11 years ago he gave me his 1968 Smith and Wesson model 10, 5" barrel. Said he was too old to shoot it. Sadly, I lost him to cancer in 2019. He was 85 and one tough old bastard.

You have a Steyr M9, so clearly you possess excellent taste. I have one that was sort of between generations, so it was tricky getting mags or parts at the time, but that seems to have improved.

Did you already add your mag extension? I have a Remington 870 (4+1) and a friend gave me a spare mag extension that he ended up not needing, but Remington put "dimples" in the mag tube to make it difficult to add an extension. I had to buy a dedicated tool for that and still ran into issues, so I ended up having to take it to someone . . . and he had problems with it. After a month of screwing around, I got it all back together, now in 7+1 capacity, but haven't been able to shoot it.

Remington put "dimples" in the mag tube to make it difficult to add an extension. I had to buy a dedicated tool for that and still ran into issues, so I ended up having to take it to someone . . . and he had problems with it. After a month of screwing around, I got it all back together, now in 7+1 capacity, but haven't been able to shoot it.

I’ve added extension tubes to two 870’s, I simply drilled the dimples out completely(it was a pretty good sized hole if I recall 5/16” maybe even 3/8”) and smoothed the inside free of any burr and they worked like a champ.

Back