Guns n Khuks - "trail guns" ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, I brought HI to the attention of Ibear shortly after I found you all. To my knowledge, his Khuks are too beautiful for him to use, and he kepts them clean and untouched. We must work on this resolve, and get Ibear to use at least one of his khuks out of doors. Otherwise, he'll never hear the steel sing its song.

munk

I know several times they have talked about closing the so called gun show loophole
Honestly, this gun show hooopla is just another scam on the public! By making gun shows into an issue.... the media will pick up on the hysteria and broadcast the slanted hype out to the public... convincing America that a problem exists! It doesn't exist hasn't existed and will never become a problem since their is no problem in the first place!

Politicians need to justify their existence by doing something... sometimes anything will do.... so they jump on a bandwagon and repeat bullshit that is untrue and very deceptive at best!

"So, tomorrow for the first time in 10 years when a killer walks into a gun shop, when a terrorist goes to a gun show somewhere in America, when they want to purchase an AK-47 or some other military assault weapon, they're going to hear one word: 'Sure'", he said. "George Bush chose to make the job of terrorists easier and make the job of America's police officers harder, and that's just plain wrong."-- John Kerry

Here, we can easily verify that the AK-47 is not even covered under the AWB Kerry is talking about! So why would he lie like this? He is a politician with an agenda!

"If we don't act today to continue the ban on these deadly assault weapons, then our families in America, our police officers in America, are more threatened than they ought to be," John Kerry

Since when did this lie become fact? It is a blatant outright lie! The 1994 AWB covered only Semi-automatic weapons and did not ban or restrict any true assault weapons. Dianne Feinstein and other politicians have intentionally misled the American public about this AWB issue by calling semi-automatic weapons.... true assault weapons.... and they are NOT!

By misleading good people, the media picks up on this agenda and broadcasts a slanted view to the American public.

The 1994 AWB covered only semi-automatic rifles that had certain inconsequential, superficial attributes not related to function or the ability of the weapon to potentially become more dangerous or deadly.

:) :) :)

"The absurdity of supporters for this 1994 failed gun ban abomination against our civil rights has become evident." "Proponents of the ban, Dianne Feinstein, Bill Clinton and John Kerry, have been spreading fear and hysteria, insisting for example, that perpetuation of this fraud is now necessary, to keep guns from falling into the hands of terrorists.”

Such media sensationalism — or worse yet, outright bias — is designed to exploit fear of violent crime, while doing nothing to accurately educate the public about the serious policy issues at stake.

Dishonesty and intentional deception, may drive up both political approval and television viewer ratings, but its end result is the propagation of popular misunderstanding and misguided policy.

Folks, I brought HI to the attention of Ibear shortly after I found you all. To my knowledge, his Khuks are too beautiful for him to use, and he kepts them clean and untouched. We must work on this resolve, and get Ibear to use at least one of his khuks out of doors. Otherwise, he'll never hear the steel sing its song.
Well ol' buddy ya got me dead to rights! I have never once chopped anything with my Khuk and have kept it clean and beautiful for all comers. But that is my failing. As you point out, I should go out and chop something.
Good thinking!
iBear

I would question the sanity of any Terrorist coming to America to buy an expensive look alike semi auto of an 'assault weapon' when they can buy the full auto/select fire versions 10 times as cheaply and in the areas in which they currently need them.

munk

I would question the sanity of any Terrorist coming to America to buy an expensive look alike semi auto of an 'assault weapon' when they can buy the full auto/select fire versions 10 times as cheaply and in the areas in which they currently need them.

munk
Remember... even at gun shows, other laws and other restrictions are still in place to be observed and adhered to. The apparency, that no laws exist at gun shows is pure hype! Would any terrorists register at a gun show and present identification, just so he could pay 3 to 4 times as much to buy an AK-47, instead of cheaply purchasing it elsewhere? And perhaps, more to the point, why would an American Terrorist want a semi-automatic rifle anyway? Wouldn't he want the fully automatic AK-47 that he was used to carrying, that he trained with and was more experienced?

Gun shows are absolutely not a terrorist problem and have never been the source of a terrorist problem! This hype is more hysterical agenda at work!

ibear said:
Remember... even at gun shows, other laws and other restrictions are still in place to be observed and adhered to. The apparency, that no laws exist at gun shows is pure hype! Would any terrorists register at a gun show and present identification, just so he could pay 3 to 4 times as much to buy an AK-47, instead of cheaply purchasing it elsewhere? And perhaps, more to the point, why would an American Terrorist want a semi-automatic rifle anyway? Wouldn't he want the fully automatic AK-47 that he was used to carrying, that he trained with and was more experienced?

Gun shows are absolutely not a terrorist problem and have never been the source of a terrorist problem! This hype is more hysterical agenda at work!

One of our local TV stations did an "expose" on how easy it would be for a "terrorist" to buy a gun at a gun show,. The "undercover" reporter bought a gun from a walk-around at a show and displayed it on the "evening news" with suitable shudders and outrage. The gun? A Spanish .22 revolver w/ 6" barrel. Gee, looked like the perfect "terrorist weapon" to me. He noted that the "tactical" "black" finish (bluing) made it "easier to conceal." :rolleyes:

I'm aware that a cougar could grab a kid and be halfway up the slope before I could do anything. Then, even if I have the 41, I'd better be damned sure I have it dialed in before I take a shot. Little carbine does make sense. - Munk
Yeah.. for sure, but can you.... or do you want to be ready for every possible eventuality? Cougars usually won't attack two or more people. Stick together and keep an eye out. Throw rocks... lots of rocks!

Keep your kids close and train them to stay close and especially in any fight, get back behind you, out of the way. Nothing worse than worrying about falling over your son or daughter during a fight. Some children grab their fathers leg out of fear.

:) :) :)

Again, like gun safety, we find that training and education is the key to success.

One of our local TV stations did an "expose" on how easy it would be for a "terrorist" to buy a gun at a gun show,. The "undercover" reporter bought a gun from a walk-around at a show and displayed it on the "evening news" with suitable shudders and outrage. The gun? A Spanish .22 revolver w/ 6" barrel. Gee, looked like the perfect "terrorist weapon" to me. He noted that the "tactical" "black" finish (bluing) made it "easier to conceal." - Thomas Linton
:) :) :) WOW! That is funny. What would a terrrorist do with a .22 pistol anyway, shoot rabbits close up? Obtaining a gun is not the problem for terrorists, because they don't buy them legally anyway! Same thing for gang members!

Your post was humorous and a nice break in my day! :)
Thanks,
iBear

To my knowledge, his Khuks are too beautiful for him to use, and he kepts them clean and untouched. We must work on this resolve, and get Ibear to use at least one of his khuks out of doors. Otherwise, he'll never hear the steel sing its song. - Munk
YEAAH! Gotta hear that song!
Good thinking!
iBear

munk said:

munk

Hmm... I'll bet he cleans out his chos too...

:D

Be that as it may be, I got a rep point "ding" for my post.

I learned in 1970, in very concrete terms (as in pieces of) that "Power to the People" meant power to those who agreed with the one shouting the slogan; all others shut up and go away. Maybe that's this unidentified party's problem, or maybe I unintentionally said something really offensive.

Whoever you are, show up and state your case. You will be received with better grace than you have shown. Honest.

Thomas Linton said:
You are not paranoid if someone is after you.

Your right to possess and carry arms of all kinds does not come from the Second Amendment or from the Constitution al all. It is your inherent right as a free person. The Second Amendment merely prohibits any govenment from putting "unreasonable" restrictions on your inherent right because the a majority of the drafters of the Consitutiton did not trust the government (having recently fought a revolutionary war against the lawful government).

The BATF regs are legally irrelevant to the extent that they purport to give you rights that are already inherent.

Do not accept the premise of the anti-gun types. They do not get to define the issues.

T.
Note that if something is a destructive device it becomes just like a machine gun in that transferring it requires paperwork, fingerprints, Police signatures, $200 transfer fees, and a 6+ month wait. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So, any gun with a caliber greater than 0.50" is basically illegal in the USA "other than a shotgun or a shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes."

The key here is sporting purposes! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The BATF didn't ask me for my opinion! Yes, unfortunately, each and every model of shotgun in the US is legal only because the BATF has given that model an exemption. You can find the list at the BATF web site.

raghorn said:
You're among friends here ibear.
Hey, I never doubted it...... well maybe a little bit.... but only a little bit... once!

Only once!
Thanks,
iBear

I am a gun owner, and like guns. They have given me lots of pleasure, and I sure would like to be able to get a CC permit in Illinois.

But, I do think that our national laws are a bit lax, and people tend to be overly defensive on this issue.
I had to pass a proficiency test to get a drivers license, and I needed to do the same to get a CC in NC. I didn't mind getting some extra training for the permit. In Illinois, you don't need any safety training to buy a gun, and frankly, I think that it makes sense to have people get some safety training at a range when buying a gun. There might be fewer accidents, and there would a clear incentive for people to build some shooting ranges around here. I have to drive 60 miles to go shooting.

I hope that this doesn't sound like I am anti-gun, I am not. I love my cars, and don't mind getting a "permit" for them. I don't mind having to get a foid in Illinois.

ibear said:
Note that if something is a destructive device it becomes just like a machine gun in that transferring it requires paperwork, fingerprints, Police signatures, $200 transfer fees, and a 6+ month wait. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So, any gun with a caliber greater than 0.50" is basically illegal in the USA "other than a shotgun or a shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes."

The key here is sporting purposes! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The BATF didn't ask me for my opinion! Yes, unfortunately, each and every model of shotgun in the US is legal only because the BATF has given that model an exemption. You can find the list at the BATF web site.

ibear, I'm obviously not telling you anything, but the Constitution trumps the BATF regs and any act of Congress. A good many federal and state "laws" have been stricken by the courts. Sometimes it just takes time or someone willing to push back.

Entirely, completely, 100% hypothetical question: Does a .577 Snyder pass the BATF "smell test"? How about a 2 bore black powder rifle?

Thomas, Ibear is aware that our rights come from the Creator and are merely acknowledged by the Constitution, not given to us by it.
This issue comes up with the question- 'do you really want to trust the Supreme Court with your gun rights?"

munk

The question bas arrisen; do cho cleaners also have their clean socks folded together in the drawer?

ARty- show me where our national gun laws are lax?

munk

There is a element amongst us that issues red squares and does not communicate. Sort of easier to egg a house than talk to the homeowner.

I issue green only. You don't need red if you can speak your mind in a free speech arena like Uncle Bill's Cantina. I don't understand the need for red.

By not attempting to speak to Mr. Linton directly, you are a pipsqueak.

He did not even say anything controversial!!!

This Cantina has this in common with our Constitution; some of you do not deserve either, but have both. Society protects the weakest amongst us with Constitutional protections, and Bladeforums with cowardly red squares for passive aggressive babies.

munk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back