Guns n Khuks - "trail guns" ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
munk said:
The question bas arrisen; do cho cleaners also have their clean socks folded together in the drawer?

Yesssss, and probably no toe jam either.

munk said:
ARty- show me where our national gun laws are lax?

Hey munk, wrap your bad self around the answer to the following riddle:

If persons adjudged to be actively delusional cannot legally buy a gun, is it legal for government to disclose to a gun dealer that a prospective buyer has been adjudged delusional?

Probably not- but they don't have to- all the Govt has to do is send back the no answer to the background check, right? They do not disclose why.

But what about the protection of self incrimination? I thought felons were excluded from answering truthfully on the 4473?

In case any one hasn't noticed by now, T Linton is among the sharpest tacks in the box here at HI- though he doesn't advertise this. I thought I would. Blow his cover.

munk

arty said:
I am a gun owner, and like guns. They have given me lots of pleasure, and I sure would like to be able to get a CC permit in Illinois.

But, I do think that our national laws are a bit lax, and people tend to be overly defensive on this issue.
I had to pass a proficiency test to get a drivers license, and I needed to do the same to get a CC in NC. I didn't mind getting some extra training for the permit. In Illinois, you don't need any safety training to buy a gun, and frankly, I think that it makes sense to have people get some safety training at a range when buying a gun. There might be fewer accidents, and there would a clear incentive for people to build some shooting ranges around here. I have to drive 60 miles to go shooting.

I hope that this doesn't sound like I am anti-gun, I am not. I love my cars, and don't mind getting a "permit" for them. I don't mind having to get a foid in Illinois.

YEAH I'm a bit defensive... ya got that right! Think this through and you may see my side of it! I sure hope so!

Understand that it is the law of this land that each of us is responsible for our own safety and self defense. No, I didn't write that law.

Since when was owning an automobile an inalienable right?
Since when was an automobile a necessaryh prerequisite to self defense?
Since when was an automobile even mentioned in the Constitution... let alone, guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment?
I had to pass a proficiency test to get a drivers license, and I needed to do the same to get a CC in NC. I didn't mind getting some extra training for the permit. In Illinois, you don't need any safety training to buy a gun, and frankly, I think that it makes sense to have people get some safety training at a range when buying a gun.
Certainly..... and which idiot was opposed to gun safety? Granted, gun deaths are not much of a problem in this country.... even among children, but, I am strongly opposed to all gun deaths.... except in self defense! Most of the statistics on gun deaths originate from gang violence. We have a severe gang problem... not a gun problem!

Why would you assume that I would be opposed to gun safety training and good pistol education and shooting proficiency and gun skills and gun education and gun safety and OH, Ahhhh... Yeah, did I remember to mention gun safety?

We strongly aupport gun training and rifle safety and good gun use and sporting events and shooting courses and pistol education and many other good pro-gun issues not yet mentioned. Absolutely! :) :) :)

munk said:
What other rights must we pass a quiz to exercise?

munk
The right to be a nice person!

Ya gotta pass the American Quiz of good will and fellowship!
YeeeeHa!
Smile,
iBear

Thomas Linton said:
Yesssss, and probably no toe jam either.

Hey munk, wrap your bad self around the answer to the following riddle:

If persons adjudged to be actively delusional cannot legally buy a gun, is it legal for government to disclose to a gun dealer that a prospective buyer has been adjudged delusional?
My opinion is: NO they cannot legally divulge any information! The exception would be if that deluded person had lost his rights due to some kind of criminal conviction, or an insanity verdict, or some other legal decree. :p

ibear said:
My opinion is: NO they cannot legally divulge any information! The exception would be if that deluded person had lost his rights due to some kind of criminal conviction, or an insanity verdict, or some other legal decree. :p

Congrats! As I suspected from your earlier posts and Bro munk's endorsement, you win the "U.S. Gun Laws Are Nuts" Grand Prize.

It's not "don't ask; don't tell." It's "ask and they can't tell." So if the applicant answers "No" to the question as to mental compentency and you, the seller, think the buyer seems a tad twitchy AND you're the stand-up type who wants to be safe, the gov. can't tell even if the buyer has been adjudged incompetent. Right to privacy and all that. Wouldn't want handicap discrimination.

I suppose that you could close your store, take a day off, and drive down to the county court house and try to do a docket check in the "family" court" or "probate" court (or whatever it's called in your state), but that's quite a burden for a lay person. Moreover, records of mental incompetency proceedings are sealed in some states. I don't know if being a gun vendor gives you "need to know" or "just cause to know" in such states.

Somehow, it should not work this way.

And let's not get into banning flash-suppressors under the late "assualt weapons ban" but not compensators -- telescoping stocks but not folding stocks, etc.

Actually, someone like Rusty, munk or Yvsa would do a much "better" job of writing restrictive gun laws because ( :eek: ) they actually know something about weapons.

T.

This is one of those political subjects that touches the dark well from which no man wishes to draw.
We use the word "gang" and maybe even "urban decay," but we never use the real words and everybody knows it.

I had a good friend who died from lung cancer. Just before he died, I took him out shooting for the very last time. He was in the midst of chemotherapy, and had no hair. He was so weak that he had to shoot his Smith 45 ACP revolver while sitting down.
It was his last fun before the pain got too severe for anything else.
He had a long history of mental illness, and periodically hospitalized himself.
He would do this whenever he had the urge to engage in mass killings - I later discovered that he once had to fight back the desire to blow me away.
I always liked the guy. He was like a brother in many ways.
Fortunately, he put himself away in hospitals before he engaged in mass murder. He had a long history of mental illness and hospitalization.
When I got my CC permit, the Sheriff told me that I was the only one who came in with a clean record!
My friend had no difficulty getting guns, and he had lots of them. No one knew what he was thinking. It was fortunate for me that he locked himself up each time he went over the edge.
But there was a guy in NC who went out to shoot demons - he killed a slew of people with a 22 in Winston-Salem a number of years ago.
There is currently no easy way for society to keep weapons out of the hands of people who are mentally ill and who may commit mass killings.
I am not going to tell you that I know the answer to this one, but this is a serious problem that won't just disappear.

Arty, handguns were banned in Canada in part so young people would stop commiting suicide with them. After the ban, the suicide rate continued to climb,leaping deaths taking the place of handguns.

I think it would be more logical to ban the human brain.

At any rate, for the ill cited with a bad guy and gun, good guys with guns thwart far more evil acts- over one million a year. Without guns what would deter bad guys- hand gun bans?
The thought they might get in trouble?

munk

But it is getting time to close this thread. I'm deleting my own last posts as it's unfair to chop it off after I've had the last word, and it's getting more political than it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back