Handle Frame of Mind

Oh I was paintin the fence alright!
giphy.gif

Ferrule/Spacer. I'm assuming this is mild steel, but maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be wrought iron.
20181231_184500-01.jpeg
Nothing but the best, this was an old bar I found in the back 40.
20181231_190006-01.jpeg

Slotting this chunky beast would have taken forever without the mini mill (specifically the steel ferrule but the guard as well). This steel ferrule will be the starting point for reference pins.
20190105_010153-01.jpeg

Isn't it fun to upgrade to such time saving technology? Still, you might mess things up - even worse on occasion - as the "ELEMENT of RISK" in craft/manufacturing rises pretty fast with speed and power. The good side is that it allows you to do work that might otherwise be impossible or at the least, too daunting. Enjoy the new ride :thumbsup:

Ray

Well said Ray. Enjoying the possibilities this opens up. This ferrule for example needs to be a tight fit, at around 5/8", it would be tough to pull off with a drill press and files in steel. I would be forced to either change the material or the thickness.

Absolutely, especially considering I'm still learning how to use it. There's a lot of hand fitting there becelasue the tang from the ricasso isn't 90 degrees, but I wouldn't have been able to do that by hand.

Back