Hap40 Caly 3 ?

martyq

Platinum Member
Anyone hear anything on release date? Anxiously awaiting this one have not seen much on it.

Haven't heard much other then they are currently making these in Moki right now and Sal was going to hope to have some samples to show at SHOT. They will be here soon I hope!

This is THE knife I am waiting for this year. To me the Caly 3 is the perfect edc and sadly they aren't around anymore.

Is it going to be orange? If it's cf like the ZDP-189 version I'm all in.

It's green.

C113GPGR.jpg

I'm curious why they went the clad route with this one. It isn't anywhere nearly prone to staining/corrosion as SB and my Hap40 Delica is only a bit hazy after extensive use.

Maybe price of the steel?

Tempted.. I'm not a big fan of green or grippy g-10. Dirt collectors. Smooth cf would have been nice! Better yet, the bolstered version of the Damascus sprint run!

I love the color and the steel, but the Caly 3 is a little small for my hand.

I don't buy extra knives to save "just in case" but I'm probably going to get 2 of these since I missed out on the superblue version.

Not a fan of Green much rather Orange like other models in this steel.

I like the green but don't get why it's not burnt orange like the rest of the hap40 sprints

I think I heardo somewhere a while back they can only do clad steels out of Moki for some reason..hence why the zdp189 was clad as well..maybe they aren't set up for different steels to heat treat or cut?

Love the green. Love my green 204p Para2 and my ZDP189 green models. Green forum knife.

Love it love it love it.

They can't ALL be orange. They're all good. Variety people.

How does Hap40 compare with the older model ZDP 189 in edge retention? I know it is tougher steel, but is edge retention comparable to M4? I have the older model in ZDP189 and wonder what the new G10 model brings to the table, besides more weight.

Unless they do something different with the heat treat on this new batch, it won't be anywhere near m4.

Back