Hap40 Caly 3 ?

Sorry to bump this thread, but this seller, on eBay, tossed up four of these knives, and I snagged one of them. Are there any known clones of these knives?

This seller is legit. I have bought several knives from them and never had any issues.

So, I receive the knife (Caly 3, HAP40, Green G-10), five days after the "guaranteed by" date (no big deal, really), and the box (original) was mangled (in my opinion) during shipping. They, supremesolution, in their infinite wisdom, tossed the knife (in its original box, from Spyderco), into a smallish gray bag, NO padding, or anything protective, and sent it on its way, to me. Well, of course, box was damaged. Knife feels a bit gritty, when I open it, as well. Maybe that's normal?

Considering that I paid $128.97, and to replace the knife would, probably, cost about $40.00 more than that - options:

Send knife back, for a refund?
Ask for a partial refund? How much, if I do?
Leave negative feedback, be done with them, and never look back?
Or, feel free to make suggestions.

Before doing anything, I'll see what you guys have to say.

Love this knife.

Did anyone figure out why this one is an ounce heavier than the super blue.

It's not actually heavier. The original weight (4.1 oz) listed in the specs was wrong. If you look up the Caly 3 HAP40 on Spyderco's website it now says 3.1 oz. I weighed both of mine after I got them and one weighs 3.095 and the other is 3.084.

I found several places selling these in the last couple of days at the regular price. I had all but given up finding one. I should finally get mine on Saturday which also happens to be my birthday!

Just took mine out of the mailbox, unpacked it, and reversed the clip (I'm lefty).

Happened to notice that the pivot screw is completely loose, only finger tight. Shouldn't this at least have some blue Loctite on it to keep it from unraveling in use?

Back