HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!.....

WELL, we made it into a new year.... I hope the hangovers are mild and everyone has at least as great a feeling of hope and renewal as I do... I really think that we are going to have a really prosperous year..... I hope all of us have good health and the love of friends and family to go with it...
E

Salty.....

It is in the twenties here on the West fork of the Bitterroot and the weather guessers describe what is going on out there as” extremely uncomfortable “..... The inside is nice and warm and I am about to have a lovely cup of what a restaurateur in Cincy called solidarity soup—a great combo of ham,cabbage, potato and onion in a chicken broth base.... good stuff......Tomorrow I will be doing a turkey to share with good friends and am having and will have a grand time however, I must admit a bit of envy to the degree that breakfast at Bouchon is on you for being so crass as to bring up that libation dilution line..... Arrrrgh.....Phoooey on you..... e

Bouchon it shall be then; it will my pleasure.

If it's any consolation, The iris valve on the Janitrol heater of the Baron has been sticky. I had hoped that the warm tropical air would help free it up until it goes in the shop next month for its annual inspection.

No joy! IOW, no air through lower cockpit and NO HEAT.

We departed Key Largo for Raleigh where a friend wines me, dines me and drunks me on our return trip north. It was cold after Savannah and truly uncomfortable heading into Raleigh Executive last evening. This morning we went to Walmart and bought sweatpants and anything we could layer. We screwed around with the iris air control valve after removing the nose cone and notwithstanding the time honored methods of WD-40 and, ah, shall I say ... encouragement, the valve was stuck but good. IOW, no air through lower cockpit and NO HEAT!

We took off and pointed the nose northward into quartering headwinds staying low (3,000' then 3,500') to minimize headwind velocity and also to savor the balmy 7 degrees (F) Outside Air Temps rather than the colder air at altitude. We dared not exhale warm moist air near the windscreen and Joey couldn't feel his toes for the last 20 minutes before landing. Even with gloves the yoke was cold on approach and landing when I was hand flying. Karma got me for running my mouth about the weather in Key Largo!

thanks ethan. happy new year one and all. here’s to 2018.

cheers.

WELL, we made it into a new year.... I hope the hangovers are mild and everyone has at least as great a feeling of hope and renewal as I do... I really think that we are going to have a really prosperous year..... I hope all of us have good health and the love of friends and family to go with it...
E
I share your optimism Uncle E. I believe there has been a lot of developmental capitol being held back and invested in places other than new equipment, employees, and new enterprise. There were fewer and fewer reasons to stick your neck out, and now the windows are opening and people are checking things out. If we can impact the sewer in DC while we're at it, the next several years will have an amazing impact for a generation.
A Blessed New Year to you and all the Beckerheads.

Besides wishing everyone health and happiness, I hope that the characteristics of the men and women who were inspired to start this great nation become the manner of things yet again for a government. This country needs a revival and it is my hope that 2018 is the year for it. In that vein, respect and adoration for our military has become more and more popular - as it should; may this also continue in 2018.

Hey Salty.... I am sorry that any negative thoughts I might have had impacted Joey..... I am glad you made it safely......See ya in a few weeks.....E

Back