Has CRK ruined other knives for you?

For me: I bought my first crk a few months ago, a 32 sebenza with inlays, and immediately understand why they are loved so much, 2 weeks later I bought a slightly used large inkosi and to be honest, it is my daily carry from that moment on. Love that one.

Did it ruined the rest of the collection of knives? Yes and no, still love the rest of the bucks, benchmadeā€™s, Spyderco, and Bokerā€™s and other brands, but if you really compare them to a crk, there is a real difference in smoothness tolerance and feel..

i was just looking at an imamba but given its dimensions, not seriously. think that small sebenza is quite the contender and has always been a favorite

I've always dreamed that CRK would make a 3.5 inch Mnandi. Just scale it up man! An imamba sorta looks like a giant Mnandi, mostly due to the nail nick. Might have to try one some day.

The iMamba is a fantastic knife, it comes in smaller than a Large Sebenza (not by much) but quite a bit larger than a Small.View attachment 2319949

Thanks for that, I was really curious on a size comparison. plan b was the rinkhal but i wasnt so keen on the design.

So, was that AB in a circle Arno Bernard's logo before the iMamba, or is he just copying the CRK logo?
Thats what I wondered, or was he an apprentice paying homage to a master.

Iā€™m seriously considering an iMamba on washers without flipper. How well do they thumb open?

I've always dreamed that CRK would make a 3.5 inch Mnandi. Just scale it up man! An imamba sorta looks like a giant Mnandi, mostly due to the nail nick. Might have to try one some day.

I wish for a full Ti mnandi oddly, I sipped the mnandi cool aid years back and had a version in ebony before the slot was cut out. It didnt stick around long.

Thanks for that, I was really curious on a size comparison. plan b was the rinkhal but i wasnt so keen on the design.

I wish for a full Ti mnandi oddly, I sipped the mnandi cool aid years back and had a version in ebony before the slot was cut out. It didnt stick around long.
Thatā€™s my concern with the AB - Iā€™ve owned several 1st and 2nd gen Mnandis and have never really been able to reliably open them one-handed.

Yup! I'd buy a few in full Ti too. Especially in 3.5 inch. 'Twould be a slicing master.

It started with a large Inkosi tanto and quickly spiraled to a large Inkosi DP. After, I picked up a Spartan Harsey, Large Koi. Followed by a Large black micarta inlayed 31. Subsequently, an Umnumzaan Tanto found its way to me followed by a Medford Slim MIDI Maurauder. All of these are some sort of grail for me. Iā€™ve owned one or another of all the other main stream brand folders over the years. As much as I appreciate being able to own such a variety, anything CRK just satisfies in another worldly sort of way. The action of opening and closing is just a different ā€œfeelā€. I waited 20 years before owning my first CRK folder. It was worth the wait. I, personally can attest to the higher level of movement these CRK knives provide. They did in fact provide some advice to Spartan after all, and Medford could use some advice on CRK pocket clips. I love them all, BUT nothing pleases me more than working ANY of my CRK folders. There is just something there that is truly special. All of this coming from a fixed blade preferred fellow.

Back