Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I had to help a cvs clerk open a package of batteries for an old man's diabetes testing thing. I also had to install said batteries.

Thank you, from another old man with diabetes. The good news is, those batteries last a looong time! :)

Thank you, from another old man with diabetes. The good news is, those batteries last a looong time! :)

I was happy to do it and the clerk and the gentleman were also very appreciative. I used the Juice CS4 I always have on the belt. It comes in so handy. A knife would have gotten me only so far. The tester had one of those annoyingly tiny screws on the battery compartment.

Is Socal really so bad?
How about the rural areas down there?
Worst case, come up to Norcal. Be prepared for probably not being the one with the best or sharpest EDC anymore, since there are so many pocket clips all the time.
However don't talk to people about their knives. They seem a bit less open than the bay area for example. Nodding is kind of OK but even just a smile is too much :p Also asking about a knife might appear weird to a person to whom knives are as normal as wearing socks.

Naw its not really "bad" just funny haha
I see people carrying pretty often, but not many actually carry anything good( which I assume is about the same in most places)

Naw its not really "bad" just funny haha
I see people carrying pretty often, but not many actually carry anything good( which I assume is about the same in most places)

I'm in riverside man. Not as bad as everyone says but bordering norco lot more people who actually have common sense. But yeah most carry whatever Kmart or target has.

I'm in riverside man. Not as bad as everyone says but bordering norco lot more people who actually have common sense. But yeah most carry whatever Kmart or target has.

Again, not bad. Just imagine how it's like if 80% of the people in your area are suburb/city folk who don't see the need to carry, unless you live in farming/rural areas like Norco up to Fontana
the other 19% carry dept store knives, not bad considering an acquaintance got his Kershaw Cryo at walmart.

Then you have the 1% that have something you can't find at target etc. I've yet to to see a spydie outside of REI or Bass Pro

If you're in downtown LA or the immediate areas though? You'll get questions on why you carry. It's just annoying, not hostile. People here just aren't used to seeing someone edc so they ask why.

Last edited:
It has happened to me. I almost always have a knife on me.

Here is one that is seldom asked.... in the movie Jaws, Roy Schieder is yelling "Does anyone have a gun?" .... as the large great white shark cruises up the channel and out to sea after taking out at least one swimmer. Sometimes you just have to carry the "tools" that you think you might need. A knife is No. 1 for me.

Back