Hawaii Knife Life - daily use for work and play

I went to go play around in the forest today after work and took the F1 along.

I’ll admit I have never really used this knife much, it’s quite attractive and the fit and finish is excellent.

I’m a little bit concerned about the factory edge chipping. I gifted one of these to my father and it chipped quite a bit after one whitetail season in the midwest. I have seen this is a reoccurring theme and noted that this slows down considerably after removing the factory edge. That said, the knife is so good looking I don’t want to muck it up with my sloppy sharpening skills!

The sheath is decent after adding some rubber tubing to increase retention. All in all a very nice package.

18805797-5602-4C1C-AEAF-F8FB5DA186DE.jpeg DB3D96DA-E117-4403-A48A-8A51E631C759.jpeg 12D0DA42-76B2-487B-BEA0-EE900597C5C6.jpeg 22B5C693-CCF7-4F01-9D46-F72250C7D9AE.jpeg 150C73A6-4804-46DC-A708-183931A7E342.jpeg F29DF029-9673-4D04-AAA5-67796CAF17BC.jpeg BE2E7EF4-12AF-4BC1-9B95-7834D20673D1.jpeg 1433AB29-E92F-4530-B1A9-1BCC802637FB.jpeg

Attachments

• 6AA8DC8B-601D-4939-A95E-AD1334EDEF1F.jpeg
    6AA8DC8B-601D-4939-A95E-AD1334EDEF1F.jpeg
    452.5 KB · Views: 0
I haven't read your whole thread and more enjoyed the pictures. But I would be curious if you have contact with (or would) Neil Kamimura? I would enjoy seeing some shop pictures, maybe some behind the scenes on forged in fire. Could be interesting. Depending on how far away he is of course. :thumbsup:

I haven't read your whole thread and more enjoyed the pictures. But I would be curious if you have contact with (or would) Neil Kamimura? I would enjoy seeing some shop pictures, maybe some behind the scenes on forged in fire. Could be interesting. Depending on how far away he is of course. :thumbsup:

I believe his shop is in Kona on the Big Island. If I ever fly over I’ll stop in and see what he is up to. I don’t know him personally but I’m sure he would welcome a tour.

Sir be safe through this hurricane. hope all ya Hawaiians fare well and your property does as well.

Thanks JB, I really appreciate your well wishes. Currently boarding up windows and stocking up. Things are getting a little nutty around here!

Adding to the smoke raised for you folks. My son lives on Oahu, so I am very much aware of the run on the stores.

Adding to the smoke raised for you folks. My son lives on Oahu, so I am very much aware of the run on the stores.

Thank you sir for the kind sentiment. Blessings to you and your family and I hope your son fares well. Oahu gets really squirrelly during disaster times as people run for supplies. Bad traffic in the recipe doesn’t help.

I’m sure we will all be ok...sometimes the Man upstairs likes to remind us that we are smack dab in the middle of an ocean!

Hope you and everybody stays safe and the hurricane does the polite thing and not show up uninvited. :thumbsup:

Thanks bOOn, much appreciated. At the moment we are having “the calm before the storm”. It’s hot, humid, and still. We are just now starting to see more cloud accumulation moving in the storms wind direction.

Thank goodness for this forum. It is helping keep my mind occupied.

On that note, I often find this hobby to be somewhat therapeutic. The forums, knife people, pictures, science, theories, collecting, sharpening, and using of knives has always in many ways has helped me through difficult times. On those sleepless nights on more times than I can count, thinking about some part of our hobbie has helped me calm and fall asleep.

I’m very thankful for this knife culture!

Thanks bOOn, much appreciated. At the moment we are having “the calm before the storm”. It’s hot, humid, and still. We are just now starting to see more cloud accumulation moving in the storms wind direction.

Thank goodness for this forum. It is helping keep my mind occupied.

On that note, I often find this hobby to be somewhat therapeutic. The forums, knife people, pictures, science, theories, collecting, sharpening, and using of knives has always in many ways has helped me through difficult times. On those sleepless nights on more times than I can count, thinking about some part of our hobbie has helped me calm and fall asleep.

I’m very thankful for this knife culture!

I agree, a hobby by yourself is nice and keeps you occupied, a hobby you can actively share keeps you engaged. It's part of why I decided to join here and not some german community, it's a lot more active here and a lot more international of a community which gives perspective.

doing some reading on the storm.....two things caught my eye.....one that the main highway on the south coast of Molokai would be come impassible. the other that govt officials have stated that storm shelters are last resort and couldn't handle winds greater than 40mph. which kinda shocked me as we build houses for 180mph and 115 mph wind speeds range, depending on where ya are in the state.

wishing for the best for y'all. let us know y'all came through okay after powers back up and things get back to normal......

Back