Heavy Duty Sword Cane

I have always had an interest in picking one of these puppies up. Anyway, I saw one from a big box online retailer going for $80 w/ free shipping, so I pulled the trigger on it.

All I can say is, "well done Cold Steel!" This thing is the genuine article. While there are other manufactures like Burger, who make fully combat/action ready canes, w/ premium handle and shaft materials (at 10x + the price of the Heavy Duty Sword Cane), strength and functionality wise, no manufacturer makes a sword cane stronger than this-not a doubt in my mind.

And being that I live in AZ, and these are perfectly legal to carry in public here (if you are over 21) I can enjoy taking it out with me from time to time.

IMG_20150319_174423_zpsxucfdakv.jpg~320x480

I also wanted to add, that many so called YouTube reviewers criticize that you cannot index as to where the edge is, without looking, due to the round handle. I have to say, they must have the motor skills of an infant, because with the weighty crook, unless you are holding the sword absolutely vertical, gravity tells you where the edge is. That, and the damned crook tells you physically as well. I have no problem telling where the edge is without looking.

Another thing I like about the Cold Steel is the steel itself. I looked into Burger canes....they are all stainless (at least at the time I looked). Cold Steel's 1055 is a better selection from what I've heard for the stresses of a longer blade.

Love that cane, I've been looking at it for some time. Do you plan on testing it out on a unsuspecting mellon anytime soon?;)

I have always wondered how "effective" a sword like this would be to stop an assailant. What I mean is what `s the stopping power of a sword like this compared to a handgun for instance? Thank you in advance for your response.

I have always wondered how "effective" a sword like this would be to stop an assailant. What I mean is what `s the stopping power of a sword like this compared to a handgun for instance? Thank you in advance for your response.

Watch the video's of this sword cane being tested. You can cut off an arm, head, pierce through and through any part of the body.

Thanks for your quick response. Around here is not that odd being robbed at knife point. Another good use for this would be a walk in the coyote infested fields around here. Song dogs are known locally to snatch cats and even medium sized dogs. Just a matter of time that they finally decide to prey on human beings.

A gun punches a hole A sword or a large folder for that matter Can open BG up and let him see his insides in one swipe I carry a gun But I also carry a Knife A X2 Voyager

Up close I will go for the knife . I been shot It hurts but unless hit heart or other major organs You can still function . People don't want cut . With that Cold Steel sword Be more than just a little cut. . But you would need to practice some . Don't buy and think you can't be beat now.

A gun punches a hole A sword or a large folder for that matter Can open BG up and let him see his insides in one swipe I carry a gun But I also carry a Knife A X2 Voyager

Up close I will go for the knife . I been shot It hurts but unless hit heart or other major organs You can still function . People don't want cut . With that Cold Steel sword Be more than just a little cut. . But you would need to practice some . Don't buy and think you can't be beat now.

I'll give you an amen on that, Michael.

That's some great advice Sir! Neither guns nor blades are death rays. A concealed sword like this is a mighty companion tho. Thanks for your time.

No offense meant, but what is the demographic this is being marketed towards? Don't get me wrong, I think it is really cool. The video mentions keeping it by the front door, but if I needed a sword to keep in the house couldn't I purchase pretty much any sword, and more effective ones to boot? The advantage of this item, to me, is in its concealed weapon role. However most people don't walk around with canes anymore. So to not draw attention, you either need to be of an advanced age, dressed really nicely, or walk with a limp. Fortunately or unfortunately I don't fit any of these criteria. So I guess my question really is this: those of you that have one of these how/when do you carry these and do you get a lot of looks? I really want to be talked into getting one ;)

Good point Mr. Jstrange. That's the reason I don't care too much for the aluminum head model, cause it actually draws unwanted attention towards you. But the H.D is just spot on, cause you can actually walk in dangerous ground whit it, even though you don't have a limp. I used to carry a trekking stick to walk down the street just to get some support from it. I agree with you in the sense that younger people would be out of the opportunity to sport a s.c. Without drawing too much attention. I guess the target group for this item would be middle aged citizens in their late thirties and on.

Last edited:
I apply in age then, but in Florida its hot enough that my regular wardrobe is shorts and t-shirts. I am afraid that the cane would look out of place, but I am usually paranoid about such things. Looks like a quality product though.

Another good idea, ( getting back to the 'yote issue) would be a sword concealed into a blackthorne kind of stick. Just to have a last ditch defensive tool against wild animals. I remember reading about a Canadian girl mauled to death by a pack of rogue coyotes a couple of years ago. She went for a walk in the woods when she was attacked. A sword cane and some training would had kept the song dogs at bay ( probably) ..

Another good idea, ( getting back to the 'yote issue) would be a sword concealed into a blackthorne kind of stick. Just to have a last ditch defensive tool against wild animals. I remember reading about a Canadian girl mauled to death by a pack of rogue coyotes a couple of years ago. She went for a walk in the woods when she was attacked. A sword cane and some training would had kept the song dogs at bay ( probably) ..

It might work as a walking stick in bear country up here. But I would likely be in a world of hurt from the police if I had one around here. I have considered this piece and was tempted but I would likely get nailed for a concealed weapon, or a weapon dangerous to the public. I know that it would be a tough and highly functional piece because it's a Cold Steel product.

Back