Heavy Duty Sword Cane

Mr. Upnorth, some times laws are ludicrous. If you're not allowed to carry a protection device such as this, probably you would want to consider carrying a 12. Shotgun loaded with 00's Around here authorities are more concerned with firearms and neglect pointy stuff. Otherwise I would be packing both a sword and a scattergun..

I apply in age then, but in Florida its hot enough that my regular wardrobe is shorts and t-shirts. I am afraid that the cane would look out of place, but I am usually paranoid about such things. Looks like a quality product though.
In Florida? Well, just wear a fishing hat, a polo shirt, tucked in to khaki shorts, with the shorts pulled up higher than your belly button, black socks pulled up to your knees, and leather strapped sandals. You know, normal Florida attire. A cane would fit right in.

Last edited:
It might work as a walking stick in bear country up here. But I would likely be in a world of hurt from the police if I had one around here. I have considered this piece and was tempted but I would likely get nailed for a concealed weapon, or a weapon dangerous to the public. I know that it would be a tough and highly functional piece because it's a Cold Steel product.
That sucks. They're legal here, and I can't think of one robbery or murder committed with one.

I LOLed :D

In Florida? Well, just wear a fishing hat, a polo shirt, tucked in to khaki shorts, with the shorts pulled up higher than your belly button, black socks pulled up to your knees, and leather strapped sandals. You know, normal Florida attire. A can would fit right in.

In the majority of the country carrying one of these is illegal, cause most states have limits on the length of blade you can carry(at least, outside your own property), and a blade length of 24 inches is gonna be well over the allowed length, regardless of whether or not this would violate your state's concealed carry laws or laws against carrying a double edged blade.

Mr. Upnorth, some times laws are ludicrous. If you're not allowed to carry a protection device such as this, probably you would want to consider carrying a 12. Shotgun loaded with 00's Around here authorities are more concerned with firearms and neglect pointy stuff. Otherwise I would be packing both a sword and a scattergun..

I remember driving night hack to get through university. I came up to a native kid in the dark and told him that he wasn't riding unless he gave me the stick he was holding first. I recognized it years later as a C.S. city stick. To me as a taxi driver at 2 am by myself, it was a potential weapon. When the kid payed and got out I handed the cane back to him. (All through the exchange we had tension and a borderline confrontation over me holding the cane). After the kid got the cane back he became instantly lippier x3 and did a fake lunge at me. I locked the door, told him to f... o.. and drove away. I didn't have xl gonads to do things like that. What I did have was a 1-1.5 foot or so chunk of thick oak shaft that I screwed and glued a threaded cast iron fitting on top of. It sat between my legs or under a thigh many times at night. I pulled it a few times but thankfully I never had to use it. Bottom line was that I intended to go home in the morning.

Back