Heavy Ordnance Grade Basic 8 . . . HOGB8 . . . Specs, Pricing, & Pics!!!

Eventually I changed my mind and decided to go with long clip BIG-DC instead of drop point. Really hard to make decision:confused::confused:
I blame Will York (message#49) :p:p

For those that are on the fence, the Standard HOG B8 is likely to be the most furious and effective (weight to performance ratio) camp/hike chopper/splitter/tank-knife they've ever released.

I don't anticipate the Standard being the most effective trail clearing/brush clearing knife. However if you want a pocket hammer that can chop and split for your entire life and the life of your future/current children --- don't miss out on this.

Very rarely will I openly say that a model is peak performance, but the specs, grind, and weight distribution make this the best in its class for certain intended uses (chopping/splitting in an 8 inch size range)

To be clear, this will shine with the thick, big, hard, dried out stuff. This is something that should not be passed up --- there's nothing else like this in the market

THIS...
For those that are on the fence, the Standard HOG B8 is likely to be the most furious and effective (weight to performance ratio) camp/hike chopper/splitter/tank-knife they've ever released.

I don't anticipate the Standard being the most effective trail clearing/brush clearing knife. However if you want a pocket hammer that can chop and split for your entire life and the life of your future/current children --- don't miss out on this.

Very rarely will I openly say that a model is peak performance, but the specs, grind, and weight distribution make this the best in its class for certain intended uses (chopping/splitting in an 8 inch size range)

To be clear, this will shine with the thick, big, hard, dried out stuff. This is something that should not be passed up --- there's nothing else like this in the market

Is why THIS....
Got a feeling this may very well be the most sold knife in O2W2

...May very well be the SOLID TRUTH!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I sure hope so!!!

;).

View attachment 774799

Name by Stump Buster.
Execution by Garth.

You really have to handle a War Feather to get it. Even at .22” blade thickness, the forward weight makes it a nice chopper with a very snappy action—easily clips off 1”+ dia green branches with a flick of the wrist.
View attachment 774809

With .35” blade thickness on a .23” tang, forward chopping weight is not something you’re gonna be worried about—it’ll be there in spades. What you’ll GAIN is speed and handling. Also, the long clip puts the point well down into the primary grind, which makes the point significantly thinner for MUCH better penetration. The War Feather blade profile IMO is a natural match for this set-up. Should be an incredible performer.

Looks like Jerry has also reduced the angle of drop between handle and blade from the original Basic profile, which will increase speed as well. Put that together with the WF clip, and I predict a deceptively quick blade for this beast. :thumbsup:

Will do you have two of these, a tan and a black Res C?

ETA: Was just wondering if you loved the first one you had done so much that you had a second done or something? Didn't notice this earlier. :)

Yeah this is just to fat and nasty to pass up. Standard cg to be stripped and abused to the fullest extent.

Will do you have two of these, a tan and a black Res C?

ETA: Was just wondering if you loved the first one you had done so much that you had a second done or something? Didn't notice this earlier. :)

Actually I liked it even a little better than that. ;)

193AA11B-008C-4A18-A550-DEAE4BAD17B0.png

In for a black CG standard/standard.

I am sure I can flip it if I don't like it.

The basics seem to be hot commodities.

For those that have ordered their HOGB8's, who plans on doing any more work to them? Anyone plan on changing the factory edge? Convex, perhaps?

I have a bunch in my cart but there can only be 1 ..... The only reason I'm even on the fence is it's a fatty 3fitty and it's hard to pass up on my favorite style of bacon, lean thick cut~ yumm

off the fence -CG/clip ~ Can't back out of contributing to the thread- with a 10k post thread it has got to be good right? :cool:

Last edited:

Rob_Mob,

Good stuff, thanks. So you'll be going with the Standard blade profile? I love the old school look of the Lowered Drop Point. How do you think it will compare to the Standard in performance and utility?

John

Quick question for the Trough. Guys I already ordered a BIG DC w/ drop point and a CG black coating with Penetrator tip immediately when they became live. After viewing this thread and literally looking at the war feather pic over and over now for the past few days, I'm stuck! I really want the war feather but already purchased an Infi Dog Soldier, 2 park rangers (1 in Satin and the other in BIG DC), 2 custom shop Satin Flak Jack's w/ Blizzard beaten snow hole micarta). By the way, I also purchased 2 grab bags ( 1 $500 and 1 $250). I feel as if the Mrs and I are pretty set with all this Infi that's coming in, but I'd be lying to you guys if I tell you that im up against the fence on this war feather. Any sound advice as to why I should get 1. I'm literally down to my final 2-3 purchases for the year lol. Should I give in and get the CG war feather or is there a noticeable difference to the BIG DC then the coated version and would a Penetrator tip have a significant effect in performance or would the standard tip suffice? Thanks for the sound advice HOGS. (Now if only Jerry would give me a nice $50 credit all would be good lol.)

Quick question for the Trough. Guys I already ordered a BIG DC w/ drop point and a CG black coating with Penetrator tip immediately when they became live. After viewing this thread and literally looking at the war feather pic over and over now for the past few days, I'm stuck! I really want the war feather but already purchased an Infi Dog Soldier, 2 park rangers (1 in Satin and the other in BIG DC), 2 custom shop Satin Flak Jack's w/ Blizzard beaten snow hole micarta). By the way, I also purchased 2 grab bags ( 1 $500 and 1 $250). I feel as if the Mrs and I are pretty set with all this Infi that's coming in, but I'd be lying to you guys if I tell you that im up against the fence on this war feather. Any sound advice as to why I should get 1. I'm literally down to my final 2-3 purchases for the year lol. Should I give in and get the CG war feather or is there a noticeable difference to the BIG DC then the coated version and would a Penetrator tip have a significant effect in performance or would the standard tip suffice? Thanks for the sound advice HOGS. (Now if only Jerry would give me a nice $50 credit all would be good lol.)

Hey I resemble all of that lol;) I went satin and full clip on one based on all available information and mostly based on Will Yorks reviews. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Satin looks and cuts better IMO even after its been used awhile!

Mull it over (quickly) and let AMY-0 know if you want to change your order to a WF. I think there's time if you just want ONE and you only want to to go with one version or the other.

Here's the other thing... You could just go with the standard and have REK or NATE (or Garth if the CS ever opens back up) do the WF mod later.

Maybe that wasn't helpful at all...... better just get two.;)

Back