Help...I'm new and clueless: 940 OSbourne vs Adamas

To the OP's question: Having owned over a dozen Benchmades, I can tell you that the stock Sharpmaker stones aren't going to cut it for sharpening either of these knives. Benchmade puts a pretty obtuse bevel on most, if not all, of their knives. You'll need to get some coarse diamond stones in order to efficiently cut through the D2 &/or S30V. Once you get that initial bevel apex formed you can maintain the edge with the brown & white rods, but trying to reprofile a dull knife with the brown Sharpmaker rods is an exercise in futility, especially on D2. Note: S30V isn't much easier either.

Save up & get some diamond rods to go with your Sharpmaker, and you'll be sooooo glad that you did.

As for which knife to get, it sounds like the Adamas is right up your alley. I have one, and it's a great cutter with great ergonomics. I've handled and used a 940, but found them too much on the small side for my liking, they're well made and a great design, just not my thing for full-fisted heavy cutting.

-nate

They are different knives made for different uses...
I own an Osborn and it is a very good knife... I would even say "gentleman" knife. It has a good blade length while keeping a very slim and easy to carry design.
IMHO it will be the most "carry-friendly".

But even if it is robust, I won't trust it for hard works. The ergonomics are just not good for that....
I like to carry the Osborn when I want an easy to cancel, gentleman knife for light EDC use.

For outdoor use.... We'll I won't take it and good for something more like a "tank" like my ZT0350.

Both knives have the same blade length but are made for completely different purpose.

I think you will feel the same with the ADAMAS

Back