Help My Kershaw Leek Collection!

Wow, that's quite a Kershaw collection, especially of Leeks. I really like the black Baby Boa tho (just got one myself recently...pics here:

I love the Baby Boa and attached it to my keychain. I use the pocket clip to keep my keys from weighing down my pocket! It would be cool to have the Baby Boa's curves in a knife the size of the Leek!

Here's a pic of my Mini Random Task. Blade is ATS34, handle is G10 with a nice polished finish. I can't say anything about another, older KO design Kershaw, but my knowledge on Kershaws from that time period is pretty much nil.

Here's a pic of my Mini Random Task. Blade is ATS34, handle is G10 with a nice polished finish. I can't say anything about another, older KO design Kershaw, but my knowledge on Kershaws from that time period is pretty much nil.

That's beautiful! How is the AO? Compare size to Leek-bigger or smaller? Price?

Blade is 2 5/8", smaller than the Leek but it fits my hand pretty well. The AO works fine. Doesn't kick too hard because it's a smaller blade. I don't recall quite how much I paid for it, I'll guess somewhere between $80 and $100 from another member in the Exchange.

I love the Baby Boa and attached it to my keychain. I use the pocket clip to keep my keys from weighing down my pocket! It would be cool to have the Baby Boa's curves in a knife the size of the Leek!

Good idea with clipping the keys to not weigh down your pocket!...hmm, I never thought of doing that. But if I did, I'd probably pick up a standard Baby Boa as I'm too scared of scratching up my limited run all black one. You read my mind on the leek-size Baby Boa! That'd be a perfect knife for me. I want an exact replica of a Leek-size Baby Boa, all shapes and proportions the same, just slightly bigger. I'm going to pick up a Mini Mojo since it's the closest to a bigger Baby Boa, but the curves and shapes of the Baby Boa are much better and more attractive. I plan on giving the Mini Mojo to my dad anyways.

ÆΞL;4033341 said:
Wha...!? No Boa?! Sell that Blur and invest in a Boa!

I think the Boa is a good knife, but I don't like the proportions. To me, it feels like the knife has too much handle and not enough blade. I have heard nothing but good things from Boa owners though.

Anyone else have a large collection of similar model knives? Like a huge Griptilian collection? Or Delicas?

Here are the First Kershaw Onion AO's , from the top , they are #1520 Ricochet, #1510 Random Task and #1500 Mini Task. These were made in plain blade, combo blade and Left hand models .

Attachments

• Ken Onion Starters.JPG
    Ken Onion Starters.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 56
I think you are missing the Mother of Pearl model, a framelock with "Mother of Pearl" handle and 420 blade.

I'm going to get a Leek soon but I'm not sure what model get, I really like the Boron model but I'm not sure about the 420 steel Kershaw uses performance.

Have anyone with the 440A, 420 and S30V (I'm not interested in the ZDP model) versions noticed difference in performance?

I think you are missing the Mother of Pearl model, a framelock with "Mother of Pearl" handle and 420 blade.

I'm going to get a Leek soon but I'm not sure what model get, I really like the Boron model but I'm not sure about the 420 steel Kershaw uses performance.

Have anyone with the 440A, 420 and S30V (I'm not interested in the ZDP model) versions noticed difference in performance?

Kershaw only uses 420hc steel in the Chive and Scallions. The Leeks start at 440A and go up to ZDP. For the type of work the Leek was designed for (cutting, not prying), the 440A steel is well suited and is easy to resharpen.

Oops, I saw the 420 versions in a couple of on line shops, I suppose it was an error. Thanks! I'll be getting one soon.

Congrats on that collection!
But if you like the taste of leeks, scallions and chives should be up your alley as well... which makes me aim for an Onion collection, not just a Leek one. I do have most of the different Chives, though, just for collecting the different options (rainbow, black boron, mirror-polish, satin, anodized grip scales etc.)

Gray Bump??? Did you bead blast a blue, or green one?

I don't recall ever seeing the gray.

Daniel

Gray Bump??? Did you bead blast a blue, or green one?

I don't recall ever seeing the gray.

Daniel

Here are the three Ti Bumps:

BUMPS.jpg

I notice that the gray Bump isn't serial numbered. Was this color put out at the same time as the green and blue? Was is it a limited run or anything like that?

Hey not fair...your Kershaw collection is nicer than mine..lol

Kershaw%20Speed%20Assist.JPG

There are so many different leeks, scallions, and chives to collect them all, lol...

5 scallions
4 chives
2 leeks
1 whirlwind
1 random task
you can check out my website for a few other kershaws I have that are not pictured here...

http://www.freewebs.com/cutlerylover/folders.htm

like...

Vapor I
Vapor II
LFK
Double Duty
DWO I
DWO II
DWO III
along with pics of other foldders by microtech, benchmade, cold steel, and delta-z...plus I have a section on the site with pics of balisongs...

Back