Help?! Which one first???

That I love- despite the Chirwa handle that leaves me a bit cold. It was my first chirwa handle and probably my last. She really balances nicely and outchops the 15" Ak. I figure I give this one away as a gift(sorry guys-donor already selected) and get a rat tanged version. I think you should stay away from anything bigger than 16.5". If you get a big blade that you aren't strong enough for you will fatigue easily and not enjoy. How can you efficiently use something that doesn't sing to you?

Nothing to add recommendadion wise, other than after you check ouut the khuks, do not overlook the HI AK Bowie, and the other non-khuk knives HI makes.

I also have a 7 month old daughter. My forst kid! She's sweet.

Keith

Cantina, Yvsa, the ( Star Wars ) Cantina! we're not all crazy, just a bit different, kinda like the customers in the bar scene in the first Star Wars movie. But most of us are friendly.

Trust us, Bobby. Grab one of Uncle Bill's Best Buys of any of the ones mentioned and experience the HI difference. It's about magic, spirit, soul...

Originally posted by Rusty
Cantina, Yvsa, the ( Star Wars ) Cantina! we're not all crazy, just a bit different, kinda like the customers in the bar scene in the first Star Wars movie. But most of us are friendly.

Some days I feel like a nut,,,, Some days I don't.:p :rolleyes: :p ;) ;) :D :D :D

I did however manage to get the 15" AK...
I think that will be a good start, based on some of the advice here, but especially that of Uncle Bill :D.

If it's too short, I'll go bigger...:D :D :D

Now you're in for it. Wait til you get it home and the infection starts... My first AK was a 15" by Sher. Look at what happened to me!

Oh yeah, be very careful of the follow-through when you start swinging that thing around. It'll bite ya if yer not careful.

If it's too short, I'll go bigger...
Unspoken opinion of women everywhere. Not that I have a problem with that or anything...:p

Originally posted by Bobby B
I did however manage to get the 15" AK...

Nice choice.:)
It's like a BAS on steroids. I had both a BAS and a 15" AK made by Kumar. At first glance they looked quite similar, but the BAS' handle was a bit slimmer, the BAS was faster, and the AK was clearly designed for heavier duty work.
Both very good, though.

My prediction is that you will eventually go both bigger and smaller. The big ones are always nice but the 12" AK is a real treat!:D ;)

I know...:grumpy: ;) ;)

:D Mine! All Mine!

It was one of those rare moments when nobody has seen Uncle Bill's daily deals yet.

Had to move on this one, god knows I've given it enough thought.

My other khuk is an 18"AK, so the 16.5" WWII is the "small" one.

Originally posted by Sundsvall
:D Mine! All Mine!

It was one of those rare moments when nobody has seen Uncle Bill's daily deals yet.

Had to move on this one, god knows I've given it enough thought.

My other khuk is an 18"AK, so the 16.5" WWII is the "small" one.

:p :p :p :cool: ;)

Excellent grab. Congratulations, Sundsval!

Others can do this job or that as well, sometimes better than a 16.5" Bura WW2.

But nothing, absolutely nothing, gives the confidence and peace of mind that tells you the two of you together can handle whatever may come.

You may have heard the saying:

"There ain't much that a man can't fix,
With enough money and a thirty ought-six."

Same goes for a Bura WW2 16.5"

And don't feel bad, Bobby. That's gonna do a nice job turning work into play for you.

Somewhere in the archives is " A letter from Lebanon " describing a near incident on the blue line that was ended by one guy pulling a 15" AK. The other side apparently didn't mind a gunfight, but they weren't ready to face dismemberment or decapitation.

I know you wanted this as a tool, not a weapon. This is a tool, to the "N"th degree. Ergonomics passed down generation to generation. Bet you can't put it down ( and leave it alone ) for at least half an hour when you get it.

Just think of the time it takes to get to know your new companion as the time required for softwear downloading a new program into your brain.

If it feels like a usb port in the handle plugging into the matching receptor in the palm of your hand, then that AK chose you. ( You will understand when it happens.)

I am sure it will be good start for me, down the viral path...:rolleyes:

I have a Busse Battlemistress which is 15", and am curious how different the "reach" will be on a 15" AK. I looked at (for information only!!!:eek:) a Cold Steel Kukri today at 17", that seemed like a good size... I can see more (HI Khukuris:p)in my future somehow...
;)

On a side note, the post mentions a small crack in the handle; how does one fix that? Is that the superglue fix? :D :confused:. If it is a wood handle, I can deal with it easily, horn is outside my realm of experience.

Hi Bobby, and welcome!:) My first Khukuri was a 15" AK. Makes my SOGs look small:eek::). Hope you enjoy it. And may I recommend a 16.5" WWII model for your next Khuk.:D I picked up one in April and it is SWEET!!! All I need to do is find some one to go camping with me so I can try it out.;):D

Originally posted by wildmanh
I picked up one in April and it is SWEET!!! All I need to do is find some one to go camping with me so I can try it out.;):D
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Remind me not to go camping with you!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Remind me not to go camping with you!!!

Bobby, don't worry I don't test out knives on live targets anymore. The medical Bills were getting to be to much for me. This weekend I'll probably only get the chance to test my WWII on some Honey Lemon BBQ Chicken.:D

Originally posted by wildmanh
Bobby, don't worry I don't test out knives on live targets anymore. The medical Bills were getting to be to much for me. This weekend I'll probably only get the chance to test my WWII on some Honey Lemon BBQ Chicken.:D
LOL!!!
Ummm... Heber... if you need a WWII Khukuri to cut your BBQ chicken, see my earlier post...;) :D :cool:

Ferrous Wheel:
Thanks!

Bobby,

I may have asked this earlier, but memory fails me right now...going to Blade?

Dan

Back