HEST/F Acquisition Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in, how soon could I get my hands on one of these bad boys?

While researching an upcoming backpacking trip I stumbled upon this site, and after learning about the HEST Folder, I was bummed to learn that all of the online retailers are up to their eyeballs in pre-orders.

If all of the first run (not LE) are already spoken for, when will the second run be available? February?

That probably sounds about right.... maybe. If all goes well. :thumbup:

Welcome to Blade Forums..... :)

I stumbled on bladeforums when I was looking for custom made smaller Fixed blades... Then I bought a Fixed Blade H.E.S.T. and I don't regret it one bit, I like the Hest folder, but I just don't like Folding knives, maybe I just need to get one and try a quality folder out... I do love the fact it has a D2 Blade

Yeah, I think this one is gonna be pretty sweet!!! :thumbup:

I have a fixed HEST and really like it too. :)

So far the next run has been listed to arrive in Feb.

That being said, I'm glad I placed my order in July. Now I have a production HEST/F and a LE sterile HEST/F coming soon. I also found some of the last of the current HEST fixed blades and one's due in the mail this week.

Ah, ok. Patience is a virtue, they say :mad:
Thanks! Really cool site y'all have here. :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum. You will find here a lot of knowledgeable and helpful fellow forumites. If you are interested in getting a HEST/F LE, I would suggest to email them and ask if there is one that is not spoken for. MAYBE and MAYBE you get lucky and grab one. I have heard that there were some fellow forumites who preordered the LE sterile or Mr. DP and then canceled it because of some unforseen event or eventuality. The email address is

customerservice@dpxgear.com

Happy hunting...........

:thumbup:

Last edited:
...I like the Hest folder, but I just don't like Folding knives, maybe I just need to get one and try a quality folder out... I do love the fact it has a D2 Blade

don't know what other folders you've tried, but there's a lot of difference between the cheap junk and the high quality stuff. folders have their uses, and there are also uses and places that call for a fixed blade. from what i've seen the HEST/F will be on the high end of quality for a production folder.

of course, it's always subjective if the design and features of any tool work for you or not.

i contacted this mail a few hours ago today.. hope to be on the waiting list but there are probably a lot of people ahead of me tho

im in with love with this knife.. my futur edc!

Hello to you all -- kinda new here -- Before i knew about this website i ordered one and paid for it in October and still no word - have they gone out to the dealers yet ?

Hello to you all -- kinda new here -- Before i knew about this website i ordered one and paid for it in October and still no word - have they gone out to the dealers yet ?

Last I remember they are leaving the factory in Italy this week and headed directly to the dealers...or to one location in the US, then from there to the dealers, then to you. Not sure on that.

Thank you -- I am trying to read the threads and catch up on everything - seems a like there are a lot of good people on this website

if you want to be on the waiting list for an LE contact customerservice@dpxgear.com or contact your favorite dealer.

I ordered a production version and then seeing all the pics that were posted and hearing about the extra goodies that RYP was putting in the for the LE Sterile, I had to have one. Followed the above advice and got in contact with Linda from DPX.

I didn't expect to get a reply right away and was blown away by the customer service! She replied right away in so much as me getting a "you're welcome" email at 10:30 at night.....and a right handed LE Sterile to boot!!!

Still gonna get the production version but my hats off to RYP, Linda and the DPx crew. No comment from the halls of echo that is now my wallet....

Awesome, just awesome. Had to share.

-Jordan

Thank you all for the info here i got an email back that explained everything - great service there and great people too !

Just to be clear... dealers will not have the LE version so contact DPx Gear about them. If you are interested in the production version, contact a dealer.

Will the LE be released after the regular production?

Will the LE be released after the regular production?

This remains unclear and only RYP will be able to clarify this. Last we were told LEs were delayed and Production would therefore be released. Since then no news so no need to speculate.

I am sure that RYP, Tom or Gianni will let us all know in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back