"Hey Dad, have you evere heard of a band called Pantera?"...

Kinda funny when my kids tell me "Dad turn the music down"
its the other way around, right?

Kinda funny when my kids tell me "Dad turn the music down"
its the other way around, right?

My dad used to let me blast death metal in the house so he retaliated by getting a bigger stereo and drowning me out with some pinball wizard

I'm not so much into '90s music; I'm more into music from the '60s through the late '80s. The '90s music I do like tends to be from bands that were big pre-'90s. I'll be turning 55 in a few months, and I started listening to music when I was about 1 or 2 years old; my older brother and sister had lots of records (45s and albums) of the popular bands of the time. And the radio was always on some popular music station. Then I developed my own tastes during the '70s, which in general is my favorite musical decade.

I've heard a number of millennials say they wish they had been born earlier, when the popular music was good. It's kinda neat to hear that, although in reality I think if they could actually go back in time they wouldn't stay more than a few minutes. Because back then, there were no smartphones/internet/social media/etc., etc., etc...

Forgot to mention:
I remember rap starting to become popular when I was still in high school. I didn't care too much for it, but back then it was at least funny and clever. There is still good music being made today, but the popular stuff today is just horrible (IMO). The performers who are considered the current 'superstars' today couldn't hold a candle to even one-hit wonders from decades ago. The trend nowadays is to hide a lack of creativity, talent and real 'feeling' with flash, synchronized dance moves and fancy props.

Jim

Last edited:
BassNectar, Odesza, Griz, Rufus du Sol, Zhu, Big Gigantic, Tash Sultana (WOW)...Really great new music via my 21 year old daughter.

And this is coming from a 70's deadhead!

-Michael

Pantera? Yeah they make great sandwiches..... You know, Exodus is going on tour soon, so might see about getting some tickets.

Back