Hi all... looking for Strider info

The guy asked about a knife he received and This is posted?
Afraid so. I bought a Strider knife; paid for it with my own limited funds and found out the truth afterwards.

At least he's not out of pocket. The guy that gave it to him probably didn't know the truth either but now maybe he'll find out.

This is how you counter actions like Mick Stiders. You shine a light on them; & no one is shaming the OP for not knowing either.

Yup. I'd want to know the truth about a knife I was gifted so I could better make a choice about whether I wanted it in my possession. A stolen valor scumbag knife I would not.
If it was me I'd hinge my choice about keeping the knife on the guy that gave it to me.

What I wouldn't want to do is run around telling everyone how great the maker was or buying a bunch more!

If it was me I'd hinge my choice about keeping the knife on the guy that gave it to me.

What I wouldn't want to do is run around telling everyone how great the maker was or buying a bunch more!
That's the rub. It's a tough call. Dishonor an honorable friend or accept a dishonorable knife. I know the way I'd choose to go but the choice would weigh heavily.

Fortunately I don't have to make such a choice. I choose not to support known stolen valor scumbags and their ilk.

Would all this have anything to with the fact that new Striders don't seem to be available from any dealers whatsoever at the moment?

Would all this have anything to with the fact that new Striders don't seem to be available from any dealers whatsoever at the moment?
No, that has to do with the restructuring/closing of Strider as it was. It is now part of MSC and they do much smaller runs of knives. Supply isn't keeping up with demand. They are still a popular brand regardless of Mick Strider's doings.

Last edited:
Ok I’m like hella sorry for interrupting the burger bashing. Carry on

I just recently went through a a box from my last trip to the sand box (contractor) and of the Jarheads I worked with gave me a Strider folder with an NSN. Just looking for some information about. I'm sure someone is a Strider guru. Thanks for looking.

Sir ,the jarhead gave you a very nice gift , but as you notedness Mick's actions touch a Raw nerve with a lot of us.Welcome and if you ever come back ,post a pic and I'm sure many here can tell you all about the knife. The fellow who's name is on the knife is a lying scum bag ,know that.

So it had an NSN which means it was likely issued. Could it be the jarhead knew of Striders past and wanted to get rid of that knife so he gave it to a non-military guy?

tSnR52d.jpg

I liked my SnG. It was a good knife, I bought it on the exchange here knowing little other than I'd heard it was a well built knife and it looked cool. I sold it later due to financial constraints.

I dislike the stolen valor thing, but there are many companies out there who make reprehensible decisions whether from the beginning or not, but if it's a good product, many people will look beyond that, and vice versa.

I don't care for heavy duty knives anymore, so regardless strider will get no money from me.

I hope you enjoy the knife. I know I enjoyed mine.

So it had an NSN which means it was likely issued. Could it be the jarhead knew of Striders past and wanted to get rid of that knife so he gave it to a non-military guy?
If something has a NSN or CAGE stamped on it that doesn't mean it was issued. It just means that item is or was in the system or available to sell to the DOD or whatever other NATO member or government entity.

Here is a thread from about six yrs ago...
That Marine must have thought you are a good guy...it's a fine blade.
https://bladeforums.com/threads/what-a-great-knife-the-strider-smf-nsn.1006655/

^ Yes it is, SD! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the info. We worked around each other in the states too. He was a good dude as well. I had a running joke that, I got out of Marine Corps and then go to a combat zone as a civilian.

^ NOTHING BUT RESPECT- SEMPER FI!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you for your service, both as a USMC Marine, & as a civilian contractor. On couple of my Seabee Battalion deployments (detachments), we worked right along side you awesome brother's!

There's lot of stuff written about him, both pro and con, and you can find whatever you're looking for.
If I had to examine the previous lifetime actions and ethics of every company that I do business with...well... we ALL have our things we're not too proud of...
I prefer to look at the quality of the product, and the Customer Service provided by that company.
Strider Customer Service is not fast, but it is completely free, and is good for the life of the knife....and NOT just the owner. I've used their service on two occasions: (1) they replaced a blade that a previous owner had broken...and #2...they replaced an older model frozen pivot for a completely new design pivot...all for zero cost.
I've owned about twenty Striders, in four models, and they all were great knives.
Enjoy your Strider; it will serve you very well.

^ Excellent customer service- right up there with CRK, Benchmade, & ZT. Josh Lee, is one of the nicest guys I've met since partaking in this hobby:thumbsup:!:thumbsup:

The guy asked about a knife he received and This is posted?

The ignore feature here, Makael, works great! :) :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I strongly encourage you to try it...you won't ever have to read another word key-stroked by these malcontent's.

Last edited:
Back