Hi, I'm new to knife making throw ur tips at me!

If you go amazon, you might get bit by Chinese scammers.

Go with a reputable retailer with warranty, go dial and not electronic.
Grizzly and Shars will have decent deals.
Watch out for free shipping deals on the stone.
I have never heard of Shars. Just took a look on their website and they have all kinds of stuff I want. I think I want to get a digital one so I can switch between inches and metric. They have a 12" digital with carbide scribe for around $150.

I have never heard of Shars. Just took a look on their website and they have all kinds of stuff I want. I think I want to get a digital one so I can switch between inches and metric. They have a 12" digital with carbide scribe for around $150.

The 6” is only 95, that’s a steal imo.

Yes, I think of Shars like the new Grizzly.
They have lots of small stuff at good quality and prices.

Dial is much more rugged than electronic. The Chinese Electronics can eat batteries and go unpredictably off.

For digital Calipers, mics and height gauges, the real Mitutoyo electronics seem to have the battery issue solved.
But that 's probably a Japanese chip that the Chinese can't seem to copy right.

Yes, I think of Shars like the new Grizzly.
They have lots of small stuff at good quality and prices.

Dial is much more rugged than electronic. The Chinese Electronics can eat batteries and go unpredictably off.

For digital Calipers, mics and height gauges, the real Mitutoyo electronics seem to have the battery issue solved.
But that 's probably a Japanese chip that the Chinese can't seem to copy right.
The batteries in the Mitutoyo calipers last a long time. I have several cheap calipers and seem to be replacing batteries every six months or so. I have one that sometimes goes off randomly when opened past four inches that I should probably retire. I have had that one for at least five years and it has seen a lot of abuse, so I'm not complaining.

I almost bought a height gauge at Shars today, but when I went to check out I saw they are currently not shipping due to the corona virus. I hope they will reopen soon, but I think it will be a while. My kids' school was cancelled today until the end of April.

Back