high grit sandpaper options

I used 30 micron 3M Diamond Lapping Microfinishing film, the light green sheet with psa back
Is it the type 675L I showed in the pic earlier post? That’s the one u need

I think I said earlier that the lapping film is not the correct one

I suspect the abrasive film loaded up with the “soft” steel

Is it the type 675L I showed in the pic earlier post? That’s the one u need

I think I said earlier that the lapping film is not the correct one

I suspect the abrasive film loaded up with the “soft” steel
So it's the $12 3*8 sheets on ebay. It doesn't have any markings at all on it. Just a light green sheet with a white backer. It's possible it loaded up but it looked fine and i still had plenty of new left when I sanded the hard W2.

So it's the $12 3*8 sheets on ebay. It doesn't have any markings at all on it. Just a light green sheet with a white backer. It's possible it loaded up but it looked fine and i still had plenty of new left when I sanded the hard W2.

Yes I’ve bought these
This is the correct one
I don’t know what to say...
I never hand sand that high, and if I do for simple steels then the rhynowet works fine

The diamond film is for high alloy wear resistant steels

Yes I’ve bought these
This is the correct one
I don’t know what to say...
I never hand sand that high, and if I do for simple steels then the rhynowet works fine

The diamond film is for high alloy wear resistant steels
I've still got some left and i have some z wear and magna cut soon to be heat treated that i plan to do further tests with.

If it helps to get you a bit further down the road Pop's has 3M Microfinishing belts down to 9 micron. Up to S35VN they work really well. There is no belt bump so you can get a really nice belt finish before you switch to hand sanding. I find them so much nicer than AO belts. I do use a belt cleaner. They load up fast. I'm sure the paper is the same way.

Back